• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Option 1 Giant Size Spiderman #2, Marvel Milestones Blade, Vf-Nm

DSC00276.jpg

Option 2 The Uncanny X-men #268 (Classic Cover) NM

DSC00277.jpg

Option 3 X-O Manowar #1 1:20 Variant NM

DSC00278.jpg

Are these the latest PIF offerings?

:bump:

Shipping to other places then America, Has to pay if its more then $10

That’s just fair, as shipping those would cost more… :)

I respect Slym decision, I was just suggesting his books aren’t so undesirable as he may fear… especially if some US boardie picks them and does not have to worry about the additional shipping cost.

Shipping to other places then America, Has to pay if its more then $10

That’s just fair, as shipping those would cost more… :)

I respect Slym decision, I was just suggesting his books aren’t so undesirable as he may fear… especially if some US boardie picks them and does not have to worry about the additional shipping cost.

slym is just trying to figure out why books he attempts to sell like other forumites don't sell that quickly (if at all). But I wouldn't let that stop him from taking a PIF listing and post something in returning.

Bosco685 (in honor of Slym posts everywhere)

Yeah, I know and we spoke via PM – as I said to him I don’t think it’s his problem alone, at all. It’s a general problem when you are offering certain material, in certain grades, and in certain moments, when the sections may be more crowded.

As for me, the invalidating factors are mostly two:

– the shipping costs (both in taking and in giving) – this mostly prevents me to donate a lot of stuff… :(

– the fact that in certain moments it can be problematic to have many things in transit: if I have already bought too much, and maybe sold, there are too many packages on their way, and since often there is no one at home, it can prove problematic to pick them later on at the Post Office (when it happens, I have to pick them at a specific office for my zone, for which I have sometimes lost more than an hour in queue – that is frustrating… :P ).

BTW, it‘s not necessarily "junk"… ;)

That early CGC Avengers still haunts my dreams as much as the Stan Lee signed Spidey haunts' those of Hado… lol

:pullhair:

Both of my offerings so far may not have been "junk", but were certainly in the realm of stuff that was taking up space and collecting dust and that I had no use for anymore. They were gobbled up pretty quickly. You just never know who is out there and what may interest them.

Oh.

The Spanish Avengers.

I don't think Spidey was in any of those. :gossip: But I'll double check.

EDIT:

Nada.

No Spidey estas alli

:shrug:

:kidaround: :

Just re-browsing and…

If you read the title, the book’s full title is "El Asombroso Hombre Araña presenta: Los Vengadores" (The Amazing Spider-Man presents: The Avengers). ;)

Just as it is Beige's decision not to ship somewhere, it is my decision not to offer things I think no one will take.

Sorry...

Ill take em

Thanks, but again, no.

:sorry:

-slym

Don’t worry Slym, it‘s all just fine! (thumbs u

BTW, its not necessarily "junk" ;)

That early CGC Avengers still haunts my dreams as much as the Stan Lee signed Spidey haunts' those of Hado lol

should I post another picture of these, or are you guys good for awhile?

:baiting:

I'm certainly no expert and I've had 2 of my PIF's snatched up quick and one that sat a few days, but here's my 2c

I know this thread is fun and free, etc. But in some cases (its not appropriate to comment on when), it might make sense to try to 'sell' your PIF offer a little bit, if the value or the market for the item is not as 'obvious'. Give it a little bit of backstory, maybe explain to someone why they'd want it. Or come up with a creative/funny way of presenting it, Certainly not required, but on occasion, I've seen something that sat and thought that might help.

Tell us who did the art if they're famous, or if there's guest stars, or an important story arc note. Say what you like about the comic, tell us the estimated condition. If you painted a picture of Mickey Mouse playing chess with Darkhawk, tell us where you went to art school. If this the only Howard the Duck comic drawn by Todd Mcfarlane and Kobe Bryant, why not mention it? Maybe tell us why YOU originally got the comic. Make a joke about an actor who played one of the characters in the movie. (People are more likely to claim/buy if they like the seller.) Contrary to what we like to believe about ourselves on the board, we don't know everything about every comic that ever existed. It is a comic you have and are trying to get us to 'buy' even if its free. Yes we could look it up, but expecting that limits the available market.

or go with a theme that's relatively cohesive if offering multiple items.

For example (very loose and general example). If someone offered 50 totally random 90's comics, and said, "choose 20" and everyone here knows they are worth a quarter each at most....some people are thinking "This MFer is making me do the work of going through the comics and they have little to no value or relation to each other, I don't own a shop and even if I did its not worth the time for me to put them into my box or my system" Like what are the odds that a collector has been waiting 15+ years for Web of spider-man annual 3 AND JLA 15 AND Detective 515 in reader condition and Super-pro #2 NM and a Firestar 4?" I would think you'd do better with a 6 almost sequential issues of youngblood or savage dragon, which would be equal or less financial value. Give someone a She-Hulk or Sleep walker lot if you want to move drek, at least you have the potential market of 'comic collector who liked sleepwalker when he was younger and wouldn't mind rereading some', which is still a bigger market than 'guy who wants 20 random 90's comics'. It just has a better chance IMO.

Also, if you're not sure what type of offers are more likely to get claimed in a timely fashion, feel free to look back through the thread at timestamps and see what tends to stay longer vs shorter. Or try to take requests.

all non-targeted suggestions. have a nice day.

[font:Book Antiqua]I don’t play the game.

But I notice some board members picking graded slabs

and then posting $ 1 dollar bin ...

SHAME ON YOU!

Board members have been too polite to point the issue...[/font]

:boo:

SHAME ON YOU!

100% agree.

Thank you for speaking up.

I like this thread and I want to participate in it again. I've got great stuff to offer that I know people want from Darkhawk #1 CGC 9.6 to a complete Sandman TPB collection. I've been holding onto those specially for this thread.

However, I will not participate as long as people are taking great offers and then posting dollar bin material.

SHAME ON YOU!

100% agree.

Thank you for speaking up.

I like this thread and I want to participate in it again. I've got great stuff to offer that I know people want from Darkhawk #1 CGC 9.6 to a complete Sandman TPB collection. I've been holding onto those specially for this thread.

However, I will not participate as long as people are taking great offers and then posting dollar bin material.

Complete Sandman TPB collection :cloud9:

100% sure I will miss that and cry.