• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

I'm sure NamesJay who created this thread didn't suspect that other posters would take advantage of the generosity of others without it being addressed.

-Please do not discuss the value of the book(s) being offered. If you don't like them, you don't have to take them

I agree but…

There is also this rule, which needs to be accepted if you want to play. ;)

[font:Book Antiqua]Let me explain to you what it’s happening...

Someone its taking advantage of your rules,

and your kind offers.

Stealing books under your nose,

without a worthy contribution...

This is a “Killer” for this thread...[/font]

:/

-Please do not discuss the value of the book(s) being offered. If you don't like them, you don't have to take them

I agree but…

and your kind offers.

First, I did not write any rule: we all accepted NamesJay ones.

And I don’t think he was so ingenuous to think there couldn’t have been problems.

If you have problems with any of the offerings you should write to the respective people directly, not bragging around here. Thanks.

For your concern, I re-started this thread when no one wanted to pick an offer (and did not get my PIF), and I also managed for Mkkiller to fix the past fault, so if there is something you find unfair about his current offering (or any other), why don’t you just write him?

This "steal" concept could be shared if all peceived the value of each offering in the same way: otherwise it‘s just hollow.

I agree but…

and your kind offers.

Exactly. It's ruining this thread.

I won’t comment further. I have always managed to make the thread work, and if for the smallest problem now it should quit, I really think people should talk.

And not in public. I have talked enough.

[font:Book Antiqua]I beg to differ,

Problem, Issues, topics,

bring them to the open forum...

Let’s TALK ABOUT THEM...[/font]

:sumo:

I won’t comment further. I have always managed to make the thread work, and if for the smallest problem now it should quit, I really think people should talk.

I do not think the thread should end.

Vaillant, I like how you're trying to improve the thread and I see that you want it to remain active.

It's not a small problem, It's been a consistent problem where I see people being taken advantage of. This needs to be discussed and a proper solution reached.

[font:Book Antiqua]I beg to differ,

Problem, Issues, topics,

bring them to the open forum...

Let’s TALK ABOUT THEM...[/font]

(thumbs u

Too bad everyone is probably asleep right now.

I think most people have a certain expectation that if they offer something and it's claimed, the next offer should have a similar level of appeal. I use the word appeal and not value, because we aren't supposed to discuss value, and that is in part some of the issue here. Appeal is somewhat subjective, while value really isn't. You can however tell if something has appeal, if it's claimed quickly. Generally all my offers are claimed within an hour or two. Usually they aren't very valuable but they have appeal (I think).

I have a suggestion for a way to solve that issue, update the rules to encourage making offers that have good appeal without bringing value into the equation. If something isn't claimed within 48 hours, a completely new offer should be submitted. If you can't create an offer that is claimed within 96 hours you should put what you previously claimed back up on the offer block. It may seem a bit harsh but it would completely resolve these types of issues.

I think most people have a certain expectation that if they offer something and it's claimed, the next offer should have a similar level of appeal. I use the word appeal and not value, because we aren't supposed to discuss value, and that is in part some of the issue here. Appeal is somewhat subjective, while value really isn't. You can however tell if something has appeal, if it's claimed quickly. Generally all my offers are claimed within an hour or two. Usually they aren't very valuable but they have appeal (I think).

I have a suggestion for a way to solve that issue, update the rules to encourage making offers that have good appeal without bringing value into the equation. If something isn't claimed within 48 hours, a completely new offer should be submitted. If you can't create an offer that is claimed within 96 hours you should put what you previously claimed back up on the offer block. It may seem a bit harsh but it would completely resolve these types of issues.

This.

:applause:

[font:Book Antiqua]I read and understand your post.

This it’s not about appeal.

It’s about someone robbing board members...

plain and simple...[/font]

:makepoint:

My suggestion resolves what you call robbing board members because if they claim something from a forum member and then don't offer something with enough appeal to get claimed, they have to give back what they took to begin with.

If they did in fact steal, in the truest sense of the word, and refuse to give back what they claimed, they get banned.

I thought that was obvious, sorry I should have been clearer on that part.

I think a new thread in comics general should be started with a poll for board members to vote on this solution. It should be a new thread because many posters have written this thread off due to the actions we are now addressing.

What better way to come to a fair and popular solution then to have board members vote on it.

We may need more discussion first, but I absolutely think this is the way to handle it.

[font:Book Antiqua]6.30 AM

Let's more board members join the conversation...[/font]

;)

Absolutely, it's still too early. :)

So what happened?

Did someone grab some great books, and then post a case of X-Force 1s as the follow-up offering?

[font:Book Antiqua]6.30 AM

Let's more board members join the conversation...[/font]

;)

Absolutely, it's still too early. :)

So what happened?

Did someone grab some great books, and then post a case of X-Force 1s as the follow-up offering?

[font:Book Antiqua]Don’t be lazy and read the whole thread...[/font]

:baiting: