• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Need a few minutes to put together my offers, but I will have it up before I hit the sack.

No retreads. :sumo:

I'm not sure what this means exactly.

Just match the awesomeness of the last two offers. That is all.

Need a few minutes to put together my offers, but I will have it up before I hit the sack.

No retreads. :sumo:

I'm not sure what this means exactly.

Just match the awesomeness of the last two offers. That is all.

Well, I will put up what I have to offer. Hopefully someone likes it and claims it.

I am going to list a bunch of options. These will be clearly labeled with the word Option.

Please pick ONE of these options.

I will ship to USA and Canada on my dime. Other international, I will cover the first $15 and you'll pick up the rest of the tab.

It's that simple, folks.

Option 1: Captain Britain TPB vol. 1.

This collects Captain Britain #1-23, with stories by Claremont and Trimpe among others. In these stories is the first appearance of Betsy Braddock, aka Psylocke, as well as the first 8 installments of an epic Captain America vs. Red Skull arc that was never printed in American comics:

SAM_0768.jpg

SAM_0774-1.jpg

SAM_0772.jpg

Option 2: A Mystery Box

What's in it? It's a mystery! Let me know what you like and I will try to cater to your specific collecting desires, but frankly, I doubt I can do that. But I'll try! Whatever the case, I will send a box of 20 comics.

mystery_box1__36541_zoom.jpg

Option 3: Astro City #1-6

Included is a complete run of the original six issue Astro City series that started it all! Every one of these issues is an indisputable classic. Meet Samaritan, Winged Victory, Crackerjack, Silver Agent and the rest of the Astro City gang. But here's a warning: Once you read these awesome comics, you'll be hooked - and there's 55 more issues after this you'll have to track down on your own.

SAM_0701.jpg

Option 4: Superman stuff

Not only will this include the Daring New Adventures of Supergirl #1-8, it will also include six giant size dollar issues of World's Finest!

SAM_0725.jpg

SAM_0765-1.jpg

Bonus: Whatever you pick, the lucky winner will also receive this X-Men Encyclopedia!

SAM_0766-1.jpg

That is NOT the type of offer you should put up after taking a complete Sandman TPB collection.

Clearly, one us does not understand the point of this thread.

Tell you what, keep the Sandman books. Someone else can deal with trying to satisfy your demands.

I've been participating in this thread for a year. Someone has claimed my offers every time. Nobody has complained except you.

That is NOT the type of offer you should put up after taking a complete Sandman TPB collection.

Clearly, one us does not understand the point of this thread.

Tell you what, keep the Sandman books. Someone else can deal with trying to satisfy your demands.

I've been participating in this thread for a year. Someone has claimed my offers every time. Nobody has complained except you.

I accepted an awesome offer, so I offered something I thought was equal in interest. I think I understand the point of this thread very well...

I accepted an awesome offer, so I offered something I thought was equal in interest. I think I understand the point of this thread very well...

I would not have offered these books if I didn't think they were cool. I only own them in the first place because they are cool. These are all doubles of comics in my collection and I am not in the habit of collecting things that I think are of no interest.

I'm not sure why you have set yourself up as the arbiter of value in this thread, but honestly, it upsets me. Not because you're basically calling my stuff and implying I am ripping off the thread by taking cool stuff and offering junk, but because attitudes like this are exactly why so many people are hesitant to participate in this thread to begin with. I've seen a lot of people over the last year say they want to participate, but they are afraid their offers won't be "worth" enough, so they don't get involved. Seeing you post stuff like this is just going to keep more people away from what should be the best thread on the forums.

Just to make things clear to everyone in this thread, in order to try and keep the spirit of Pay It Forward alive, I sent a request to Boboset that he mail the Sandman books to techvoodoo instead of myself since techvoodoo had expressed interest, while I would leave my offer up for the next person to claim. I don't care about the books, this thread is more important to me. And it's supposed to be about giving each other cool stuff.

However, Boboset refused to do this for reasons that escape me. Apparently he wants to be the judge of what is and is not an acceptable offering. Which is nonsense.

In bobosets defense I definitely understand the frustration of offering a really awesome lot, and then feeling taken advantage of when a single trade is offered next.

Thanks. :)

That is how I felt...