• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

I accepted an awesome offer, so I offered something I thought was equal in interest. I think I understand the point of this thread very well...

I would not have offered these books if I didn't think they were cool. I only own them in the first place because they are cool. These are all doubles of comics in my collection and I am not in the habit of collecting things that I think are of no interest.

I'm not sure why you have set yourself up as the arbiter of value in this thread, but honestly, it upsets me. Not because you're basically calling my stuff and implying I am ripping off the thread by taking cool stuff and offering junk, but because attitudes like this are exactly why so many people are hesitant to participate in this thread to begin with. I've seen a lot of people over the last year say they want to participate, but they are afraid their offers won't be "worth" enough, so they don't get involved. Seeing you post stuff like this is just going to keep more people away from what should be the best thread on the forums.

Just to make things clear to everyone in this thread, in order to try and keep the spirit of Pay It Forward alive, I sent a request to Boboset that he mail the Sandman books to techvoodoo instead of myself since techvoodoo had expressed interest, while I would leave my offer up for the next person to claim. I don't care about the books, this thread is more important to me. And it's supposed to be about giving each other cool stuff.

However, Boboset refused to do this for reasons that escape me. Apparently he wants to be the judge of what is and is not an acceptable offering. Which is nonsense.

I don't take it as him calling your stuff . But when you take an awesome offer like thr you don't have to match the value, but maybe instead of putting up a bunch of smaller options, put those options together.

If boboset wants to send these to tech voodoo as well I have no issue with that.

In bobosets defense I definitely understand the frustration of offering a really awesome lot, and then feeling taken advantage of when a single trade is offered next.
With all due respect, I'd hardly consider a collected edition that holds 1-23 a "single trade".

Plus there were other options as well. I think calling out an offer, minutes after its posted, is in very poor taste.

In bobosets defense I definitely understand the frustration of offering a really awesome lot, and then feeling taken advantage of when a single trade is offered next.

Thanks. :)

That is how I felt...

So now to participate in the PIF thread the offers are going to have to get better and more awesome than what was taken? What's the end game for this thread, an Action Comics #1 in 9.0+?

I thought that one of the rules of this thread was that value wasn't supposed to be discussed. hm

And he offered more than just a single trade. The trade was one option, not the whole offer. Truth be told some of his options were more interesting to me than the Sandman trades were.

Looks like the spirit of this thread took another hit tonight.

Crimebuster, I was not calling your offer mess. I offered a complete TPB collection (not to mention all the other TPB freebies I would have thrown in) and you offered the equivalent of one lone TPB. I don't see how that's fair on any level to anyone.

Gsims718 claimed the offer after Crimebuster told me he didn't want anything to do with me. Crimebuster, you simply could have raised your offer/combined options.

Thanks. :)

That is how I felt...

So now to participate in the PIF thread the offers are going to have to get better and more awesome than what was taken? What's the end game for this thread, an Action Comics #1 in 9.0+?

I thought that one of the rules of this thread was that value wasn't supposed to be discussed. hm

And he offered more than just a single trade. The trade was one option, not the whole offer. Truth be told some of his options were more interesting to me than the Sandman trades were.

Looks like the spirit of this thread took another hit tonight.

Exactly!

Crimebuster, I was not calling your offer mess. I offered a complete TPB collection (not to mention all the other TPB freebies I would have thrown in) and you offered the equivalent of one lone TPB. I don't see how that's fair on any level to anyone.

Gsims718 claimed the offer after Crimebuster told me he didn't want anything to do with me. Crimebuster, you simply could have raised your offer/combined options.

:facepalm:

You were calling him out before he ever posted anything. Not cool.

In jest, with a "no retreads" post. In retrospect, I'm sure no one will think it was in jest.

I feel like it's only in the spirit of paying it forward when you offer something of similar interest to the offer you claimed.

I'm not talking about setting the bar at Action Comics #1 or anything as silly as that. You take an offer, you offer something equal in return. Does that not seem fair? (shrug)

But who decides what's equal?

Alternately, you could have sent the books to techvoodoo as I requested, in which case I would have received nothing except the satisfaction of knowing two people - tech and whoever claimed my offer - were going to enjoy some great books. Instead, you told me you wanted to let it be worked out in the thread and suggested I increase my offer. Which I took to mean that you were more interested in proving a point about the size and worth of both the next offer and by extension your own offer.

Which is why I declined to increase my offer.

So here we are, working it out in the thread.

In jest, with a "no retreads" post. In retrospect, I'm sure no one will think it was in jest.

I feel like it's only in the spirit of paying it forward when you offer something of similar interest to the offer you claimed.

I'm not talking about setting the bar at Action Comics #1 or anything as silly as that. You take an offer, you offer something equal in return. Does that not seem fair? (shrug)

I understand your point. But to define what is "equal" was a little rude.

And of all the offers in this thread, his options were the ones you took offense to?

We've seen much worse offers.

Much worse. And the last happened after two slabs were taken. :facepalm:

Look let's not pile on boboset. Boboset, please ship the books to crimbuster. He originally took them. I have talked with boboset before and I know he just wants to see this thread do well. Re joe, I know he was frustrated by what happened previously with that, and I think it just came out here.

Crimebuster, I'll take the mystery box. I always love a good mystery box thanks for offering it.

Here is my offer -

Three hero initiative trades. The first is pretty thick with tons of stories. The second is all of stand soapbox articles. A cool look back on history.

The third book is another anthology type book. The catch. That's a real Stan sig down in the corner.

I know alot of people have talked about wanting a Stan sig but not spending the money, so here is your chance.

I do want to state though I am out of town for a week so these will ship when I get back after this week.

HlBtzBW.jpg

Sorry for the huge picture. And that its sideways.

Working from mobile, my photobucket is maxed out, and imgur does not resize images.

Also sorry for interjecting myself in the thread. I know that boboset is a great boardie who wants to see the thread do well.

Look let's not pile on boboset. Boboset, please ship the books to crimbuster. He originally took them.

I'll be sending out two PIFs then. One to Crimebuster and another mystery box to Gsims718.

Crazy nice offer.