• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

UPDATED!! 5:00 PM

I am going to load up a beginning offer and from time to time (probably at least a couple times a day) I am going to add a comic(s) to the offer. You can wait and the offer gets bigger, :headbang:

however someone else may grab it from you because you waited too long! :pullhair:

Free media mail ship in US, $15 towards international shipping.

let's start off with some great artists:

Here is what is up so far:

ALEX ROSS - SUPERMAN PEACE ON EARTH - this is a larger tabloid size book

SMPOE_zps3e0e423e.jpg

and

DAVE STEVENS - Jonny Quest 5 (Nearmint) who knew jezebel jade's secret id was betty?

jonnyquest_zps6e5b352e.jpg

How about some NEAL ADAMS goodness

Batman 224

batman_zps091d0af8.jpg

and tradepaperback featuring some great golden age Planet Comics stories, some b/w and some in color - golden age greatness!

There is a MATT BAKER story along with other greats

batmanplane_zps3c3fbf37.jpg

and now let's add another trade 2:45 PM

WALT KELLY - Walt Kelly's Santa Claus Adventures

santa_zpsfe87309a.jpg

at 5:00 PM added Jack Kirby

Fantastic Four 71 VG

ff71_zps97205c4c.jpg

so far there is Alex Ross, Dave Stevens, Neal Adams, Matt Baker, Walt Kelly and Jack Kirby. Maybe no one wants to claim these yet, however surely I have gotten a few interested in seeing additions?

I don't have much in the way of the last 10 years in comics so there is not going to be hot new artists, sorry. However, I will continue to add.

I had an idea for a new trading thread and I was discussing it with a few people via PM's the last couple of days. I wanted to get some of their feedback first before I offered up the idea. It needs some details ironed out but here's the gist of what I was thinking.

The Trader - A Comic Swap Thread

'The Trader' is a comic swap thread concept I've been playing around with. Here's my initial thoughts on how it could work.

A forum member (we'll call him 'The Trader') offers up comics and comic related swag for trade. Once a trade is up for offer, any/all other members can offer something in return if they're interested in the item. 'The Trader' has to select one of the offers within 24 hours or he gets bumped.

If 'The Trader' selects an offer, he ships his item to the offerer and the offerer ships his item to 'The Trader'. At that point the member who won the trade now becomes 'The Trader' and offers up something for trade. Members can start making trade offers against that item and the cycle repeats itself.

Should 'The Trader' not select an offer because he doesn't like any of them or if no offers are made, within 24 hours, 'The Trader' gets bumped and the anyone else can now make a post and assume the role of 'The Trader'.

The concept of this thread is to give people the chance to trade items of any value and receive items they feel match or exceed that value.

The Trader Rules

1.) You must not be on the HOS list or be in poor standing on the board.

2.) You must have at least 100 posts and have been a board member for 3 month.

3.) If your offer is selected by the current 'Trader' you become the new 'Trader' and must post your item within 24 hours.

4.) ... I'm sure more rules are needed

5.) ... I'm sure more rules are needed

6.) ... I'm sure more rules are needed

I like this concept. The first two parties have a completed transaction (trade) they're likely to be happy with, and if the member "at bat" isn't interested in any new trade offers, someone else has a chance to make an offer without the last offerer seing their cool book or item grabbed and replaced with a cold book. Sure, bottle necks can still happen but I see fewer incidents of awesomness being taken only to see something ANYONE can get ANYWHERE at ANY TIME being offered next.

2c

I had an idea for a new trading thread and I was discussing it with a few people via PM's the last couple of days. I wanted to get some of their feedback first before I offered up the idea. It needs some details ironed out but here's the gist of what I was thinking.

The Trader - A Comic Swap Thread

'The Trader' is a comic swap thread concept I've been playing around with. Here's my initial thoughts on how it could work.

A forum member (we'll call him 'The Trader') offers up comics and comic related swag for trade. Once a trade is up for offer, any/all other members can offer something in return if they're interested in the item. 'The Trader' has to select one of the offers within 24 hours or he gets bumped.

If 'The Trader' selects an offer, he ships his item to the offerer and the offerer ships his item to 'The Trader'. At that point the member who won the trade now becomes 'The Trader' and offers up something for trade. Members can start making trade offers against that item and the cycle repeats itself.

Should 'The Trader' not select an offer because he doesn't like any of them or if no offers are made, within 24 hours, 'The Trader' gets bumped and the anyone else can now make a post and assume the role of 'The Trader'.

The concept of this thread is to give people the chance to trade items of any value and receive items they feel match or exceed that value.

The Trader Rules

1.) You must not be on the HOS list or be in poor standing on the board.

2.) You must have at least 100 posts and have been a board member for 3 month.

3.) If your offer is selected by the current 'Trader' you become the new 'Trader' and must post your item within 24 hours.

4.) ... I'm sure more rules are needed

5.) ... I'm sure more rules are needed

6.) ... I'm sure more rules are needed

I like this concept. The first two parties have a completed transaction (trade) they're likely to be happy with, and if the member "at bat" isn't interested in any new trade offers, someone else has a chance to make an offer without the last offerer seing their cool book or item grabbed and replaced with a cold book. Sure, bottle necks can still happen but I see fewer incidents of awesomness being taken only to see something ANYONE can get ANYWHERE at ANY TIME being offered next.

2c

Ya that's basically what I was going for. I think it could be a fun alternative to PIF without replacing it.

My Offering, I am going to put up three mystery boxes, I will give a few hints at each one, but let me assure you, if you are to get any of the three are Worth $50 or more. I will cover shipping to either the US or Canada, outside of that you will need to cover shipping as these will be heavy.

Option one: Silver Age/Bronze Age Marvel's with a CGC 9.8 Copper Age

Creepy Guy Not Included

mystery-box.jpg

Option Two : Modern Lot, (May or may not include a few books from an upcoming Movie or TV show). TPB's included in here.

mystery_box1__36541_zoom.jpg

Option Three: All DC Box, Includes a Batman CGC 9.8 Book

mystery_box_3543_6880.jpg

option #1 :takeit:

aw dammit..

UPDATED!! 7:00 PM

I am going to load up a beginning offer and from time to time (probably at least a couple times a day) I am going to add a comic(s) to the offer. You can wait and the offer gets bigger, :headbang:

however someone else may grab it from you because you waited too long! :pullhair:

SMPOE_zps3e0e423e.jpg

and

DAVE STEVENS - Jonny Quest 5 (Nearmint) who knew jezebel jade's secret id was betty?

Batman 224

batman_zps091d0af8.jpg

and tradepaperback featuring some great golden age Planet Comics stories, some b/w and some in color - golden age greatness!

santa_zpsfe87309a.jpg

Fantastic Four 71 VG

ff71_zps97205c4c.jpg

at 7 PM added Bill Ward

Torchy Tradepaperback Nearmint

torchy_zpsc773c5dc.jpg

and also added at 7 PM Todd MacFarlane

Spiderman #1 Nearmint

sm1nm_zpsf165ecbe.jpg

so far there is Alex Ross, Dave Stevens, Neal Adams, Matt Baker, Walt Kelly, Jack Kirby, Bill Ward and Todd MacFarlane. I may have to get off of artists. Tomorrow forward I really be only adding a couple of books a day.

UPDATED!! 9:00 PM

SMPOE_zps3e0e423e.jpg

and

Batman 224

batman_zps091d0af8.jpg

santa_zpsfe87309a.jpg

Fantastic Four 71 VG

ff71_zps97205c4c.jpg

at 7 PM added Bill Ward

torchy_zpsc773c5dc.jpg

Spiderman #1 Nearmint

sm1nm_zpsf165ecbe.jpg

so far there is Alex Ross, Dave Stevens, Neal Adams, Matt Baker, Walt Kelly, Jack Kirby, Bill Ward and Todd MacFarlane. I may have to get off of artists. Tomorrow forward I really be only adding a couple of books a day.

New at 9 PM

taking a new track, and adding in a Fawcette from 1942

MIGHTY MIDGET COMIC GOLDEN ARROW #11

it has tape, about twice as much on the back cover, cover would be loose without it.

It might not be much but it is from 1942 and how often do you see that on this thread?

goldenarrow_zpsef2a5af9.jpg

I admit I was skeptical at first about this approach Boatfund, but I think it's cool that you are adding books several times a day! It is fun to watch. :applause: Sorry if we keep burying it in our :blahblah:

UPDATED!! 9:00 PM

SMPOE_zps3e0e423e.jpg

and

Batman 224

batman_zps091d0af8.jpg

santa_zpsfe87309a.jpg

Fantastic Four 71 VG

ff71_zps97205c4c.jpg

at 7 PM added Bill Ward

torchy_zpsc773c5dc.jpg

Spiderman #1 Nearmint

sm1nm_zpsf165ecbe.jpg

New at 9 PM

it has tape, about twice as much on the back cover, cover would be loose without it.

It might not be much but it is from 1942 and how often do you see that on this thread?

:bump:

UPDATED!! 7:00 AM

SMPOE_zps3e0e423e.jpg

and

Batman 224

batman_zps091d0af8.jpg

santa_zpsfe87309a.jpg

Fantastic Four 71 VG

ff71_zps97205c4c.jpg

at 7 PM added Bill Ward

torchy_zpsc773c5dc.jpg

Spiderman #1 Nearmint

sm1nm_zpsf165ecbe.jpg

New at 9 PM

New at 7 AM

Good morning PIFers - I'm stopping the great artist theme as I was adding comics and this morning addition is AMAZING SPIDER-MAN - 4 nice bronze age.

sorry it's not one book at a time but I can't add one every few hours today.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 169 - about 8.0 to 8.5

asm169f_zps6ed4a07d.jpg

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 157 4.5

asm157f_zps6b239b4e.jpg

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 142 6.0

asm142f_zpsf8995177.jpg

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL 10 1976 4.5

asma10f_zps48875e5d.jpg

And now the recap - you get all the books in the great artists theme plus the new additions

1. Alex Ross tabloid size Superman Peace on earth

2. Silver Age Neal Adams Batman 224

3. Silver Age Jack Kirby Fantastic Four 71

4. Cool Dave Stevens comic

5,6, and 7. 3 Trades featuring Golden Age Stories

Golden Age Planet (Matt Baker)

Torchy 13 Golden age stories (Bill Ward)

Santa Claus Adventures (Walt Kelly)

8. A real Golden Age comic - Mighty Midget Comics #11

9. Spider-man #1 by Todd MacFarlane

and now

10,11,12 and 13

Amazing Spider-man 169

Amazing Spider-man 157

Amazing Spider-man 142

Amazing Spider-man Annual 10

:takeit:

About time I got back into this thread.

I'll provide a USA address for them to be sent to.

Thanks.

Have my offer up in a bit

For grabs:

Peter Panzerfaust #8 cover 'B' (2nd print) CGC 9.8

1st Captain Haken (hook)

Free shipping to anywhere (except Canada) but it will be by surface so expect anywhere between 4-8 weeks depending on where you live on the planet.

(stock photo)

139795.jpg.a8faa2a52564e8811a31880aa1a02403.jpg

For grabs:

Peter Panzerfaust #8 cover 'B' (2nd print) CGC 9.8

1st Captain Haken (hook)

Free shipping to anywhere (except Canada) but it will be by surface so expect anywhere between 4-8 weeks depending on where you live on the planet.

(stock photo)

great offer Beige :golfclap: I can't believe it's still here 9 hours later.