• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

So did Civic just get skipped? :shrug:

Rhetorical question?

I mean, he claimed something and didn't realize he had to offer something in return, finally to make his offer longer than the 24 hours later, despite the rule that suggests otherwise.. Then didn't post pictures of for his offer, again as the rules suggest.

I don't think skipping him until he/she fully reads the rules is unreasonable, but perhaps i'm a ?

Does it have to be an either/or?

:jokealert:

Good point. hm

So did Civic just get skipped? :shrug:

Rhetorical question?

I mean, he claimed something and didn't realize he had to offer something in return, finally to make his offer longer than the 24 hours later, despite the rule that suggests otherwise.. Then didn't post pictures of for his offer, again as the rules suggest.

I don't think skipping him until he/she fully reads the rules is unreasonable, but perhaps i'm a ?

Not a rhetorical question, just wondering what the new status quoe was.

Was Civic contacted by anyone, or after 'x' period of time the thread just move on?

I haven't been around much lately so I didn't know if new rules or standards have been set.

A good question Hado. The best I can say is that it didn't pass the smell test for me. Civic posted a week before that he was going to watch this thread in the future then a week or so later made a claim. After 24 hours of us joking around about no new offer his response sounded like he didn't know there needed to be an offer and that he only has comics he collects. Almost as if this was a grab free stuff thread and no need to offer anything back. For me, something just didn't seem right about the whole thing but I have been wrong before. Perhaps the guy honestly didn't understand the rules.....I dunno.

I think the thread just moved on. I didn't contact him, babysitters get $5 an hour and I never got paid.

I asked if this was a rhetorical question because if you'd read the last few pages I thought it was pretty clear what happened.

It seems I missed this:

Sorry about all the confusion guys. I definitely don't have anything worthwhile passing along and now i feel like an lol. I mean I only collect the comics i read and that's about it. I'll see what i have i can throw up for someone to take. On a side note I won't take the item if i can't put up something equivalent

Thanks for answering a simple question though.

:takeit:

Okay - I'll take whatever is currently being offered.

Here's the deal though. I have no idea what it is, and I actually do not want it shipped to me.

So - instead. Whomever is currently offering an item has to promise to leave it at a bus stop with a note that says "free" on it.

It's like a double-PIF

I will post my offer in a moment.

Okay - here's my offer.

Option #1: These trade paperbacks:

stacks_image_242.jpg

Option #2: The "mystery" option....what could it be? What might you see? Will you take a chance? oooooo.....mysterious....

In the spirit of getting things moving again and having fun, :takeit: Option 2

Okay - here's my offer.

Option #1: These trade paperbacks:

stacks_image_242.jpg

Option #2: The "mystery" option....what could it be? What might you see? Will you take a chance? oooooo.....mysterious....

In the spirit of getting things moving again and having fun, :takeit: Option 2

The MYSTERY option has been taken!

Send me a PM with your address.

What is the mystery item you ask?

How about a copy of the Marvel Comics Golden-Age OMNIBUS?

5108PlfzaJL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'm not sure if it's this cover or the other cover, but I somehow ended-up with two of them. This image is from Amazon, my copy is at home.

In the spirit of mystery, all of my Options will include mystery items of some sort with first appearances, number 1 issues, or both. Choose one option :)

OPTION 1

6 DC 3D Covers. These are bagged and boarded and I have never taken them out of the bag.

This option also comes with several mystery books including a first appearance of a character from the early 70's!

1236457_521983721217420_2043611597_n.jpg

OPTION 2

Mystery Box. Even though it is a mystery, I will guarantee a minimum of a first appearance of a character, a hardcover trade,a superhero DVD, and a large number of comics. Perhaps some other comic related items. :) The only thing guaranteed not to be in the box is Schrodinger's Cat ;)

corrugated-shipping-box-948203.jpg

Option 3

A venom action figure with all of the interchangeable pieces and of course additional comics and mystery items that are sure to please.

1234557_521989264550199_307814077_n.jpg

The MYSTERY option has been taken!

Send me a PM with your address.

What is the mystery item you ask?

How about a copy of the Marvel Comics Golden-Age OMNIBUS?

5108PlfzaJL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'm not sure if it's this cover or the other cover, but I somehow ended-up with two of them. This image is from Amazon, my copy is at home.

Now that is awesome.