• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

OPTION-3 ESSENTIAL MYSTERY BOX LOT

The Tomb of Dracula Essential Vol 1 - Covers TOD 1-25, Werewolf by night 15 and Chillers # 1

Daredevil Essential Vol 1 -- Covers Daredevil 1-25

I can't stand sending a half empty priority box so it would be safe to assume the other half will be filled with other mystery stuff as well. It will be a FULL box :)

1239698_595576573858134_585854109_n.jpg

:takeit:

I can't pass up that ToD essential. Everyone has told me Colan's art looks even better in black and white than the original colored version.

I'll have some offers up in a bit. Going to try something a little bit different this time. hm

Okay, here's how this is going to work.

There are going to be three different categories.

You - yes, YOU - will pick one item from each of those categories.

The categories are:

1. Something to COLLECT

2. Something to READ

3. Something WEIRD

Remember, pick ONE from each category. And I can only ship to the U.S. unless you pick up some of the bill, because seriously, that is not cheap.

1. Something to Collect

pick either this (first Archangel and first Jubilee, both in nice shape):

SAM_1327.jpg

or this (first New Teen Titans, first appearance of Cyborg, Starfire and Raven, sadly in low grade):

SAM_1330.jpg

2. Something to Read

pick either this (10 silver age fishman comics; the Sub-Mariners are in nicer shape than the Aquamans)

SAM_1328.jpg

or this, since every single person who claims a mystery box from me wants it to be full of Batman and/or Spider-Man stuff (the Batman #255 has no back cover):

SAM_1329.jpg

3. Something Weird

pick either this (unopened pack of five G.I. Joe second prints from the mid-80's):

SAM_1332.jpg

or this, which is a totally bizarre competitive reading game - yes, you read that correctly - where one player has a Dr. Doom pick-your-own-adventure book, the other player has a Mr. Fantastic pick-your-own-adventure book and you battle each other while reading. It's just as weird as it sounds and it takes a long time to play. The books feature a bunch of art, while guest starring just about the entire Marvel Universe. From 1986:

SAM_1331.jpg

If this hasn't been claimed by late tonight I will add a third option to each section.

OPTION-3 ESSENTIAL MYSTERY BOX LOT

The Tomb of Dracula Essential Vol 1 - Covers TOD 1-25, Werewolf by night 15 and Chillers # 1

Daredevil Essential Vol 1 -- Covers Daredevil 1-25

I can't stand sending a half empty priority box so it would be safe to assume the other half will be filled with other mystery stuff as well. It will be a FULL box :)

1239698_595576573858134_585854109_n.jpg

:takeit:

I can't pass up that ToD essential. Everyone has told me Colan's art looks even better in black and white than the original colored version.

I'll have some offers up in a bit. Going to try something a little bit different this time. hm

^^ Send me your address and I will make sure that box is filled to where it can barely close!

Ok, my offer:

OPTION 1:

Pick 2 of the following (if you want both Hulk paperbacks, you can pick another book to go w/ them):

o6zx.jpg

1k9f.jpg

Here's a list of the books:

- The Incredible Hulk: Cry of the Beast (paperback)

- The Incredible Hulk: Stalker from the Stars (paperback)

- The Essential Rampaging Hulk: vol. 2 (softcover)

- The Batman Archives, vol. 1 (hardcover)

- The Golden Age Flash Archives, vol. 1 (hardcover)

- The All-Star Companion (published by TwoMorrows, edited by Roy Thomas) (softcover)

- The Photo-Journal Guide to Marvel Comics by Gerber, Volume K-Z (NOTE: The dustjacket does have some wear, including a small tear on the upper right-hand corner of the back part) (hardcover; coffee-table size book)

- Classic Marvel Super Heroes: The Story of Marvel's Mightiest by Peter Sanderson (this was in a book/figurines set that I bought at Barnes & Noble about 7 years ago; I don't know if the book was ever released by itself - I just checked on Amazon and I can't find it on there, so who knows...)

- Stan Lee's Amazing Marvel Universe (Note: I haven't listened to all the audio pieces, so I can't guarantee that they will all play.)

OPTION 2:

The popular, magical, MYSTERY BOX OF COMICS, guaranteed to shock and amaze you (as in, "I'm shocked that he would send me this dreck! What a cheapskate!"....I keed, I keed...). Take a chance! Amaze your friends! Be the first on your block to own it!

And the great offers continue! :headbang:

Stan Lee's Amazing Marvel Universe book is one of my all time favorites (the blue book on the bottom). The pages inside are great quality and cover the important Marvel moments but best off all the book features some great audio tracks of Stan Lee as he provides insight to those special Marvel moments. Anyway, I dig the book so much that I just wanted to share some extra info with those that might be looking at it...

Experience the Marvel Universe in a whole new way—guided by the master himself in a gorgeous, deluxe volume with audio files that actually feature Stan Lee speaking.

It presents 50 top Marvel happenings, arranged chronologically, plus 68 audio tracks (45 minutes running time) of Lee’s fascinating commentary. The format, which contains an actual 2" speaker, allows you to skip and scroll easily to wherever you want. There’s even a 3-digit LCD display. Anyone who’s ever wondered why the Hulk started out gray and then changed to green, what Stan was thinking when he agreed to kill off Gwen Stacy, and why Lee decided to make Daredevil blind, will finally find the answers.

Great offers everyone!

Ok, my offer:

OPTION 1:

Pick 2 of the following (if you want both Hulk paperbacks, you can pick another book to go w/ them):

o6zx.jpg

1k9f.jpg

Here's a list of the books:

- The Incredible Hulk: Cry of the Beast (paperback)

- The Incredible Hulk: Stalker from the Stars (paperback)

- The Essential Rampaging Hulk: vol. 2 (softcover)

- The Batman Archives, vol. 1 (hardcover)

- The Golden Age Flash Archives, vol. 1 (hardcover)

- The All-Star Companion (published by TwoMorrows, edited by Roy Thomas) (softcover)

- The Photo-Journal Guide to Marvel Comics by Gerber, Volume K-Z (NOTE: The dustjacket does have some wear, including a small tear on the upper right-hand corner of the back part) (hardcover; coffee-table size book)

- Classic Marvel Super Heroes: The Story of Marvel's Mightiest by Peter Sanderson (this was in a book/figurines set that I bought at Barnes & Noble about 7 years ago; I don't know if the book was ever released by itself - I just checked on Amazon and I can't find it on there, so who knows...)

- Stan Lee's Amazing Marvel Universe (Note: I haven't listened to all the audio pieces, so I can't guarantee that they will all play.)

OPTION 2:

The popular, magical, MYSTERY BOX OF COMICS, guaranteed to shock and amaze you (as in, "I'm shocked that he would send me this dreck! What a cheapskate!"....I keed, I keed...). Take a chance! Amaze your friends! Be the first on your block to own it!

Ok, I am going to dive in here for the first time (ever) in the Pay it Forward. I will take the mystery box. I am in Canada so will throw in some extra for shipping if you need it.

I will post my offer shortly!

Jason

Ok, I am going to dive in here for the first time (ever) in the Pay it Forward. I will take the mystery box. I am in Canada so will throw in some extra for shipping if you need it.

I will post my offer shortly!

Jason

Nah, I got it. I forgot to post anything about postage, so I'll mail it to you for free. PM me your address and I'll get it in the mail to you this week. Brave fellow! :D

Ok, here goes, lets start with this, and if no takers I will up the offering to make it better. I will cover shipping anywhere in North America. Overseas I will cover too unless it is some super remote location.

The offer is this:

One high grade copy of Huey, Dewey and Louie #3 from 1968. This books grades a solid 9.0/9.2

Huey_zps46e14065.jpeg

hueyback_zps4057f813.jpeg

Choose also one two of the following Super Hero Books:

1) Captain Marvel #7, nice high grade example except for a staple pull on the top staple, otherwise displays great

cm7_zpsa3088a0d.jpeg

2) Thor 158, crease across the top right hand top cover, otherwise a nice mid grade example

Thor158_zpse59f6808.jpeg

3) Brave and the Bold #80, Batman and the Creeper, again a nice solid copy.

bb80_zps172eab2c.jpeg

Anyways, l'll let this offer sit for a while and see if there is any uptake.

Cheers,

Jason