• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Ok, my offer:

OPTION 1:

Pick 2 of the following (if you want both Hulk paperbacks, you can pick another book to go w/ them):

o6zx.jpg

1k9f.jpg

Here's a list of the books:

- The Incredible Hulk: Cry of the Beast (paperback)

- The Incredible Hulk: Stalker from the Stars (paperback)

- The Essential Rampaging Hulk: vol. 2 (softcover)

- The Batman Archives, vol. 1 (hardcover)

- The Golden Age Flash Archives, vol. 1 (hardcover)

- The All-Star Companion (published by TwoMorrows, edited by Roy Thomas) (softcover)

- The Photo-Journal Guide to Marvel Comics by Gerber, Volume K-Z (NOTE: The dustjacket does have some wear, including a small tear on the upper right-hand corner of the back part) (hardcover; coffee-table size book)

- Classic Marvel Super Heroes: The Story of Marvel's Mightiest by Peter Sanderson (this was in a book/figurines set that I bought at Barnes & Noble about 7 years ago; I don't know if the book was ever released by itself - I just checked on Amazon and I can't find it on there, so who knows...)

- Stan Lee's Amazing Marvel Universe (Note: I haven't listened to all the audio pieces, so I can't guarantee that they will all play.)

OPTION 2:

The popular, magical, MYSTERY BOX OF COMICS, guaranteed to shock and amaze you (as in, "I'm shocked that he would send me this dreck! What a cheapskate!"....I keed, I keed...). Take a chance! Amaze your friends! Be the first on your block to own it!

Ok, I am going to dive in here for the first time (ever) in the Pay it Forward. I will take the mystery box. I am in Canada so will throw in some extra for shipping if you need it.

I will post my offer shortly!

Jason

Just received my mystery box, a very cool assortment of goodies! Thank you so much, I will hopefully post some pics later tonight.

Cheers

Jason

Thanks Lance I do try.

Ok as promised I have a couple more choices.

1st up everyone knows who WOLVERINE is (I hope)

Origin TPB litely read

:takeit:

I'll post up an offer in a bit.

Got my book from topcat today. Thanks

you are welcome hope you enjoy the read.

Added a couple of new options.

No matter which option is taken, I'll donate 3 toys to the Akron Children's Hospital (or another good cause of your choosing).

Choose 1 of the following:

1) Sword Volume 1 TPB & Best of Dark Horse Presents Volume 1:

GWn20f8.jpg

2) Overstreet Lot:

Fu8DChx.jpg

3) Green Lantern & Flash: Faster Friends set (enjoyable read):

SfXQSJo.jpg

4) Heroclix Starter Lot (no picture). There seems to be some interest in Heroclix so I can make up a starter lot of figures and include a rulebook, powers and abilities card, and map (rulebook/powers card will be an older version but will still be able to teach you 95% of the game). I've played a lot of clix so I can make a starter lot of Marvel, DC, Indy, or mixed; your choice.

5) Doc Savage: Quest of Qui (hardcover):

Tk6dhVO.jpg

6) La Perdida (hardcover) - 276 pages of comic and a great read. I've had this book for a while and have read it twice in that time. You can get a quick overview of it here :

L3tDcOX.jpg

Will ship internationally but might need to split shipping for some of the heftier options (the Overstreets).

Keeping on the front page.

Just received my mystery box, a very cool assortment of goodies! Thank you so much, I will hopefully post some pics later tonight.

Cheers

Jason

Good, I'm glad it got there safely, I hope you enjoy the variety. I didn't realize how difficult it was going to be putting a mystery box together, knowing nothing about your preferences. I just used the spaghetti approach (throw against the wall and see if it sticks, lol ).

Another satisfied PIF customer! :grin:

Cheers

Jason

Good, I'm glad it got there safely, I hope you enjoy the variety. I didn't realize how difficult it was going to be putting a mystery box together, knowing nothing about your preferences. I just used the spaghetti approach (throw against the wall and see if it sticks, lol ).

I'm not sure I follow, you throw spaghetti against the wall to see if it sticks? Is this just on the east coast?

Cheers

Jason

Good, I'm glad it got there safely, I hope you enjoy the variety. I didn't realize how difficult it was going to be putting a mystery box together, knowing nothing about your preferences. I just used the spaghetti approach (throw it against the wall and see if it sticks, lol ).

I'm not sure I follow, you throw spaghetti against the wall to see if it sticks? Is this just on the east coast?

:jokealert: It's an old joke as a way to see if...never mind. :D

I need to get my post totals up to get in on this! Super cool idea!!

Ian Malcolm - "Oh yeah 'Ooh, aah', that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming."

On a side note:

I got my PIFs from jaeldubyoo and Boboset a little while back. Completely forgot to post that they came in :sorry:

Both had excellent packaging and Both included some GREAT extras :banana:

and Bullet Proof packaging. :whee:

On a side note:

I got my PIFs from jaeldubyoo and Boboset a little while back. Completely forgot to post that they came in :sorry:

Both had excellent packaging and Both included some GREAT extras :banana:

and Bullet Proof packaging. :whee:

:headbang: Glad you liked them buddy.

To the front page. :)

Added a couple of new options.

No matter which option is taken, I'll donate 3 toys to the Akron Children's Hospital (or another good cause of your choosing).

Choose 1 of the following:

1) Sword Volume 1 TPB & Best of Dark Horse Presents Volume 1:

GWn20f8.jpg

2) Overstreet Lot:

Fu8DChx.jpg

3) Green Lantern & Flash: Faster Friends set (enjoyable read):

SfXQSJo.jpg

4) Heroclix Starter Lot (no picture). There seems to be some interest in Heroclix so I can make up a starter lot of figures and include a rulebook, powers and abilities card, and map (rulebook/powers card will be an older version but will still be able to teach you 95% of the game). I've played a lot of clix so I can make a starter lot of Marvel, DC, Indy, or mixed; your choice.

5) Doc Savage: Quest of Qui (hardcover):

Tk6dhVO.jpg

6) La Perdida (hardcover) - 276 pages of comic and a great read. I've had this book for a while and have read it twice in that time. You can get a quick overview of it here :

L3tDcOX.jpg

Will ship internationally but might need to split shipping for some of the heftier options (the Overstreets).

Keeping on the front page.

Ok, here goes, lets start with this, and if no takers I will up the offering to make it better. I will cover shipping anywhere in North America. Overseas I will cover too unless it is some super remote location.

The offer is this:

One high grade copy of Huey, Dewey and Louie #3 from 1968. This books grades a solid 9.0/9.2

Huey_zps46e14065.jpeg

hueyback_zps4057f813.jpeg

Just got my books and they are great packing was perfect.

Choose also one two of the following Super Hero Books:

1) Captain Marvel #7, nice high grade example except for a staple pull on the top staple, otherwise displays great

cm7_zpsa3088a0d.jpeg

2) Thor 158, crease across the top right hand top cover, otherwise a nice mid grade example

Thor158_zpse59f6808.jpeg

3) Brave and the Bold #80, Batman and the Creeper, again a nice solid copy.

bb80_zps172eab2c.jpeg

Anyways, l'll let this offer sit for a while and see if there is any uptake.

Cheers,

Jason

Just got my books and they are great packing was perfect.Thank You very much.