• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

People love Darkhawk!

I almost bought another copy of Darkhawk #1 yesterday to make sure I had extras to give away in my PIF lots. People just can't get enough Darkhawk!

hm

Cc3lB3yh.jpg

(I have never read Darkhawk…)

That is really cool!!! (thumbs u

People love Darkhawk!

I almost bought another copy of Darkhawk #1 yesterday to make sure I had extras to give away in my PIF lots. People just can't get enough Darkhawk!

hm

Cc3lB3yh.jpg

(I have never read Darkhawk)

That is really cool!!! (thumbs u

I desperately want this!

I've been looking for a hulk 181 :insane:

No, sorry. I got rid of my copy a long time ago.

I try not to sully my collection with comics starring Wolverine.

I request amazing spiderman annual #1 :grin:

No can do, sorry. Don't have one.

I am requesting Rocket Raccoon! :)

Um... okay. I sort of have something.

:ohnoez: Anything Fantastic four for me, or some cool kirby works.

This I can do.

Updated offers coming shortly.

Requests:

I can give options:

1. Action 252 (no reprints)

2. Spider-man 33 (original series)

3. My Greatest Adventure 80

and if those are not available

4. Omega Men 3

1. Um, no. I do have one though.

2. Great storyline. But I don't have one, sorry.

3. I don't have one, but if I did, I would be keeping it. Good taste, though!

4. This I would gladly give you if I still had one. I used to have two or three copies but I dumped them all a few years back. Can't stand Lobo.

:sorry:

Okay, free shipping to U.S. only guys, sorry. Foreign type people will need to pitch in on shipping if they want to claim something.

Please claim ONE of these options:

Option One: Batman: Arkham Asylum by Grant Morrison and Dave Mckean. This is a first edition I bought myself off the stands when it came out in 1989. Rule of 25!

I was sure someone would claim this right away, but every time I think that, nobody claims it.

SAM_1562.jpg

Option 2: Rocket Raccoon!!!

Yeah, okay. Well, this cover appearance came between Hulk #271 and Rocket Racoon #1. Hard to believe, but copies of this have sold for over $20 on ebay. Which is nuts. But if you really dig Rocket - and who wouldn't - maybe this will float your boat.

If someone claims this I will throw in other stuff as well, since this is pretty stupid.

But it's by request, so don't blame me.

SAM_1568.jpg

Option 3: Fantastic Four / Jack Kirby lot

The ST #134 is lower grade. The FF #90 and 92 are straight up beat to heck. The other three FF issues range from solid to quite nice.

SAM_1569.jpg

And whatever you pick, you will also get a Darkhawk #1!!!!

Still taking requests, so if something grabs you, grab it.

The late three FFs are GREAT stories. (thumbs u

Not to mention #92 is part of one of the greatest late Lee/Kirby classics, introducing Torgo.

And the Marvel Age… "stupid" as it may be, hey it’s a super-cool cover featuring both Rocket Raccoon AND the Gargoyle. Oh well, there’s also Cloak & Dagger… :D

Okay, free shipping to U.S. only guys, sorry. Foreign type people will need to pitch in on shipping if they want to claim something.

Option One: Batman: Arkham Asylum by Grant Morrison and Dave Mckean. This is a first edition I bought myself off the stands when it came out in 1989. Rule of 25!

I was sure someone would claim this right away, but every time I think that, nobody claims it.

SAM_1562.jpg

Yeah, okay. Well, this cover appearance came between Hulk #271 and Rocket Racoon #1. Hard to believe, but copies of this have sold for over $20 on ebay. Which is nuts. But if you really dig Rocket - and who wouldn't - maybe this will float your boat.

If someone claims this I will throw in other stuff as well, since this is pretty stupid.

SAM_1568.jpg

The ST #134 is lower grade. The FF #90 and 92 are straight up beat to heck. The other three FF issues range from solid to quite nice.

SAM_1569.jpg

Been wanting to jump in here for awhile so what the heck... I'll take the AA!

:takeit:

SAM_1562.jpg

SAM_1568.jpg

SAM_1569.jpg

Great choice. (thumbs u

SAM_1562.jpg

Welcome to the board

SAM_1568.jpg

SAM_1569.jpg

Ok, let's try this out... I think I've got something fun that people will like. But what do I know? :eek:

Oh, first the details, right? Since I'm getting an offer shipped to me for free, seems like it's only fair that I offer the same. So FREE SHIPPING in the US. If you're outside the US? I've never shipped internationally. Happy to kick in $5 towards the deal but the rest in on you. Hope that seems fair.

Ok, Offer #1 is to take all four of these books:

marvelbooks.jpg

The top two books are Marvel Comics Pocket Series from 1977! The Spider-Man book features Amazing Fantasy #15, as well as Amazing Spider-Man #1-#6 in full color, plus an introduction from Stan Lee! Before Masterworks, there were Pocket books! I think these were the first times I ever read all these stories and I loved these books!

The Fantastic Four book has FF #1 - #6. What's funny is both books are exactly 160 pages... even though they say the stories are complete and unabridged, AND the Spidey book has an additional book in it! It's a mystery!

The other two books were novels, also part of Marvel's deal with Pocket books. These came out in 1979. The FF book was written by non-other than Marv Wolfman himself, while the Spidey book was written by Paul Kupperberg, long time DC writer and brother of artist Alan Kupperberg!

These are all really cool bronze age relics, with some great Silver Age stories in them. Anyway... I forgot I had them, and when I found them I set them aside for PIF, figuring someone might really get a kick out of them.

Ok, let me add a few more options in case people are looking for some more modern choices.

Option #2 Savage Dragon run

savagedragon.jpg

This contains the original limited series (issues 1-3) and then issues 1-21 of the ongoing series. There seems to be two copies of issue 13... so there was apparently a variant cover. Fun read and great Erik Larsen art for anyone who has never read the Dragon from the beginning!

Option #3 Mantra run - Ultraverse

mantra.jpg

Didn't recall much about this series until I saw it in a long box, but it was a story about an eternal warrior who, whenever he died, was reborn with his soul in a new body to resume his battle. But in this case the leader of Mantra's army was somehow tricked and when Mantra was killed he was reborn as a woman. But the woman he was reborn as had latent powers... it was fantasy but fun and now that I recall it it was a a good read. Included are issues 1-22. I think that's almost the entire run. There are also some additional books that must have been story crossovers.

The books also crossed over with the Marvel Universe, as there are apperances by Loki and a four-part mini-series called Godwheel is included (books #0-#3) which include Thor). 31 books in total in this lot.