• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Ok, let's try this out... I think I've got something fun that people will like. But what do I know? :eek:

Oh, first the details, right? Since I'm getting an offer shipped to me for free, seems like it's only fair that I offer the same. So FREE SHIPPING in the US. If you're outside the US? I've never shipped internationally. Happy to kick in $5 towards the deal but the rest in on you. Hope that seems fair.

Ok, Offer #1 is to take all four of these books:

marvelbooks.jpg

The top two books are Marvel Comics Pocket Series from 1977! The Spider-Man book features Amazing Fantasy #15, as well as Amazing Spider-Man #1-#6 in full color, plus an introduction from Stan Lee! Before Masterworks, there were Pocket books! I think these were the first times I ever read all these stories and I loved these books!

The Fantastic Four book has FF #1 - #6. What's funny is both books are exactly 160 pages... even though they say the stories are complete and unabridged, AND the Spidey book has an additional book in it! It's a mystery!

The other two books were novels, also part of Marvel's deal with Pocket books. These came out in 1979. The FF book was written by non-other than Marv Wolfman himself, while the Spidey book was written by Paul Kupperberg, long time DC writer and brother of artist Alan Kupperberg!

These are all really cool bronze age relics, with some great Silver Age stories in them. Anyway... I forgot I had them, and when I found them I set them aside for PIF, figuring someone might really get a kick out of them.

Ok, let me add a few more options in case people are looking for some more modern choices.

Option #2 Savage Dragon run

savagedragon.jpg

This contains the original limited series (issues 1-3) and then issues 1-21 of the ongoing series. There seems to be two copies of issue 13... so there was apparently a variant cover. Fun read and great Erik Larsen art for anyone who has never read the Dragon from the beginning!

Option #3 Mantra run - Ultraverse

mantra.jpg

Didn't recall much about this series until I saw it in a long box, but it was a story about an eternal warrior who, whenever he died, was reborn with his soul in a new body to resume his battle. But in this case the leader of Mantra's army was somehow tricked and when Mantra was killed he was reborn as a woman. But the woman he was reborn as had latent powers... it was fantasy but fun and now that I recall it it was a a good read. Included are issues 1-22. I think that's almost the entire run. There are also some additional books that must have been story crossovers.

The books also crossed over with the Marvel Universe, as there are apperances by Loki and a four-part mini-series called Godwheel is included (books #0-#3) which include Thor). 31 books in total in this lot.

Ok, well from the sound of things in the thread and in my PMs there are people interested in my offers, but just in case, I thought I throw something else out there... mostly because I was digging through a long box today and came across some stuff that was pretty random but all stacked together for some reason!

Offer #4 - "Strange" stuff

Strangelot.jpg

An ecclectic blend to be sure! Condition-wise, all the Bronze books are readers... these have the signature paws of my kid brother all over them back in the day, I can tell! Strange Tales #184, and the Doctor Strange #4, #11, and #21. And then Howard the Duck #5, #7, #8 for some great 70's era weirdness! And lastly, some Bronze-age weirdness brought into the modern era.. a Wizard 1/2 special edition Battle of the Planets. Must of come as a premium with a Wizard subscription back in the day. Has a COA in the bag, which I doubt it has ever been out of! Anyone who picks this lot will get all these books... plus I'm sure I'll find some other weirdness to add to it of the same ilk. :-)

Got my PIF box from CAHokie today (I've been out of town for a few days and it was waiting for me). I was looking forward to reading the Morning Glories but he went in and added some extras from some of my favorite characters (supergirl and iron man). I haven't bought moderns to any degree for almost 20 years so it will be fun to see how things are in their books. One day I will get to the Morning Glories :)

thanks, a great box of comics

(thumbs u

Thanks to Wasteddraftpick, I got my Marvel Zombies yesterday! :banana:

\

Ha, Wasteddraftpick, never seen him before. That's how I feel at the conclusion of every fantasy football season. :pullhair:

Yeah the name is pretty descriptive of my team over the past 19 years.

Hope you enjoy the books and they got there safe!!

Yes, please let me know what I need to do. No intention or desire to stall things. I can look to add some new offers tonight or just pull back my offers entirely if that's what's required. No worries.

Frank

shazzzam’s PIF is on its way! (thumbs u

And I got mine from kahnadah: it‘s awesome and since I told him I never read a Patsy Walker pre-Marvel age story he threw this one in as well (there is also a very cool story about Patsy suspecting his father of adultery, which is just poignant). :whee:

To say "generous" would be an understatement!

YxvpUbFh.jpg

shazzzam’s PIF is on its way! (thumbs u

And I got mine from kahnadah: it‘s awesome and since I told him I never read a Patsy Walker pre-Marvel age story he threw this one in as well (there is also a very cool story about Patsy suspecting his father of adultery, which is just poignant). :whee:

To say "generous" would be an understatement!

YxvpUbFh.jpg

Hey, it's the "Cat".