• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

lol

You think that is pressure. I claimed some Original Batman Art recently and had to come up with an offer within 30 minutes to keep the action going. :)

And it was awesome.

I've :shy: the PIF thread ever since I've been a member. Since I just now participated, I don't know the whole history with PIF. So if this question has been discussed, sorry for the repeat.

But could there be an exception on the 7 day rule in cases like this? For example, a few stated they would have claimed shazzzam's offers if they didn't have a waiting period. I understand why that rule is in place because one person could keep claiming everything. But after the four days without any :takeit: , would it be possible for somebody to claim before their seven days in order to keep the thread from completely moving backwards?

No Chaseman. There used to be a 24 hour rule that if no one claimed it, anyone could claim it but that is no longer the case. The theory behind it was that if it starts to be day 2...then day 3....the person should change up the offers.

What was up with the whole 30 minute thing? It wasn't in this thread?

Sorry, the long term members know what I was talking about. Sometimes this thread literally lights on fire. When it does, members try their best to get offers in as fast as possible so that the run can continue. I put the 30 minute pressure on myself by telling the members on the thread the exact time I would post the offer. It was a way to make things fun and it was one of the best nights in the thread. We had limited edition statues, original art and an entire Spiderman run of 23+ trades go within an hour.

For a lot of us, this thread is all about the excitement and the friends made. The actual items themselves are sometimes the second most important part :)

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

I'll be at and away from the computer throughout the day, so I'll keep posting and checking if anybody has claimed anything.

Option 1: Marvel Now Morbius Complete Set 1-9. They've been read once and then stored in a long box.

2agvi1d.jpg

Pretty good read, IMO. Wish the series didn't end so quickly.

Option 2: Image #1s: The Dream Merchant, Nowhere Men 5th Print, Five Ghosts, Bedlam, and East of West

20nogo.jpg

Option 3: Revival Volume 1 and The Walking Dead Volume 20:

353cdgh.jpg

Option 4: Nowhere Men #1-5:

bg75te.jpg

Tough crowd.

Here we go. I'll keep the Spidey theme going and see if we can get the thread moving again.

Option 5: Amazing Spider-Man #361 First App. of Carnage

10hnneq.jpg

I'll cover all shipping within U.S. and first $10 to Canada.

Current offer...

What was up with the whole 30 minute thing? It wasn't in this thread?

Sorry, the long term members know what I was talking about. Sometimes this thread literally lights on fire. When it does, members try their best to get offers in as fast as possible so that the run can continue. I put the 30 minute pressure on myself by telling the members on the thread the exact time I would post the offer. It was a way to make things fun and it was one of the best nights in the thread. We had limited edition statues, original art and an entire Spiderman run of 23+ trades go within an hour.

For a lot of us, this thread is all about the excitement and the friends made. The actual items themselves are sometimes the second most important part :)

Ahhh, gotcha. Sounds like an excellent time.

I've :shy: the PIF thread ever since I've been a member. Since I just now participated, I don't know the whole history with PIF. So if this question has been discussed, sorry for the repeat.

But could there be an exception on the 7 day rule in cases like this? For example, a few stated they would have claimed shazzzam's offers if they didn't have a waiting period. I understand why that rule is in place because one person could keep claiming everything. But after the four days without any :takeit: , would it be possible for somebody to claim before their seven days in order to keep the thread from completely moving backwards?

I don't see a rule that prevents Shazam from grabbing the same option and putting his offers back up...

I'll pay US shipping and $10 towards worldwide.

Option 1

A pair of signed, limited books.

Alan Moore's The Courtyard #1 from Avatar, limited to 1500 copies, signed by Jacen Burrows with COA

Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix #1, limited to 5000 copies, signed by Scott Lobdell with COA

Option 2

New fresh minty unread TPB, Jeff Smith's (best selling author of Bone) RASL Pocket Book One

138319.jpg

Option 3

Cool set of 3 small softcover books, about 5x5", containing 75 years of DC's Action and Detective comics covers. You get the first 50 years of Action and second 25 years of Detective! Published in 1993/1994. Every page is one full color cover identifying the publication date and the cover artists. Makes a handy reference or want list! lol

138320.jpg

138321.jpg

138322.jpg

147040.jpg.5b0d789306cfebd3def87a047980654a.jpg

147041.jpg.6333dfc5db512fb709166a67684c84e5.jpg

Re-edited to get the pics aligned with the offers :gossip:

Option 1

Alan Moore's The Courtyard #1 from Avatar, limited to 1500 copies, signed by Jacen Burrows with COA

Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix #1, limited to 5000 copies, signed by Scott Lobdell with COA

147040.jpg

147041.jpg

Option 2

New fresh minty unread TPB, Jeff Smith's (best selling author of Bone) RASL Pocket Book One

138319.jpg

Option 3

Cool set of 3 small softcover books, about 5x5", containing 75 years of DC's Action and Detective comics covers. You get the first 50 years of Action and second 25 years of Detective! Published in 1993/1994. Every page is one full color cover identifying the publication date and the cover artists. Makes a handy reference or want list! lol

138320.jpg

138321.jpg

138322.jpg

How much of RASL does that cover? I really liked the first couple of issues, but never continued the series.

Hmm, I can't look, but some googling found this description on Comic Vine which I hope/think is the right info:

Collected in this new pocket edition is the hard-boiled, sci-fi tale of Jeff Smith's inter-dimensional art thief known only by the strange four letter word found spray-painted at the scene of a crime: RASL. This 6 1/2' x 9' double edition collects the first seven issues of RASL in one heart-pounding book! A compact, affordable, edition of RASL: a sci-fi/noir tale of violence and corruption where murder and passion mix with folklore and cutting-edge physics.

UPDATE - No need to choose, YOU MAY TAKE ALL THREE OFFERS!

If no takers then sometime during the day on Friday I'll see what else I can offer.

Option 1

147040.jpg

147041.jpg

Option 2

138319.jpg

Option 3

138320.jpg

138321.jpg

138322.jpg

New offer available for a limited time. Choose one of the pictured tin signs PLUS any one of the previous three offers. Same shipping terms as before for US vs international.

These are high quality tin signs, about 13'x16'. New, although those that appear older are due to a faux retro finish. Suitable for framing or use the tiny pre-drilled holes in each corner for easy mounting to a wall.

These are available only today and Saturday because I must purchase them at a nearby collectibles store while I'm still in the area. There were also a few other comics/cartoon themed tin signs if you want a mystery option For instance, there's a Spider-Man sign as well as some classic cartoon/comic characters, etc

I think the Batman is the coolest because the background in duotone blues/white are covers of many classic Batman/Detective comics!

147061.jpg.abf1dab8c7a8bc9c6c2acfca91dc5343.jpg

147062.jpg.f239276f492d4aafef512405f0237475.jpg

147063.jpg.a650ecda0143240f19a5d5788ed16425.jpg

147064.jpg.9fd9a08691487bc4ba00b0c8bfbc4679.jpg

147065.jpg.0b230eb0d151df7032789e4cb00b165f.jpg

OPTION #1, TAKE ITEMS #1, #2, and #3! That's the signed, limited books, the RASL TPB, and the 75 years of DC covers books!

Item #1

147040.jpg

147041.jpg

Item #2

138319.jpg

Item #3

138320.jpg

138321.jpg

138322.jpg

OPTION #2, CHOOSE ANY TWO TINS!

These are high quality tin signs, about 13'x16'. New, although those that appear older are due to a faux retro finish. Suitable for framing or use the tiny pre-drilled holes in each corner for easy mounting to a wall.

These are available only today and until early evening on Saturday because I must purchase them at a nearby collectibles store while I'm still in the area. There were also a few other comics/cartoon themed tin signs if you want a mystery option For instance, there's a Spider-Man sign as well as some classic cartoon/comic characters, etc

147061.jpg147062.jpg

147063.jpg

147064.jpg147065.jpg