• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

OPTION #2

I'll call this one "the Cherry Picker". If you choose this option, I will e-mail you a list of over 3500 comics with their corresponding OSPG values. Choose whatever you like up to a value of $100. It could be 50 x $2 books, or 2 x $50 books, or any other combination that pleases you.

cherrypicker.jpg

:takeit:

OPTION #2

I'll call this one "the Cherry Picker". If you choose this option, I will e-mail you a list of over 3500 comics with their corresponding OSPG values. Choose whatever you like up to a value of $100. It could be 50 x $2 books, or 2 x $50 books, or any other combination that pleases you.

cherrypicker.jpg

:takeit:

Well that was quick. I was worried I might put the brakes on this thread.

PM coming your way Barth!

It doesn't matter - the same few always take in this thread. Good luck with PIF. :hi:

thanks for the negativity?

Ship anywhere in US for free, cover $10 for anywhere else.

Please choose up to 3 options

OPTION #1:

Showcase Presents Eclipso TPB

20140529_230552_zpsfzsdcbwa.jpg

Collects House of Secrets (1956-1978 1st Series) #61-80. Written by Bob Haney. Art by Lee Elias, Alex Toth, Jack Sparling and Bernard Baily. Cover by Bernard Baily. One of the strangest comics villains ever stars in his own Showcase! On an expedition in the South Pacific, scientist Bruce Gordon's dark side is unleashed after being exposed to a black diamond. Transformed into the powerful Eclipso, he embarked on an evil rampage as his good side attempted to reassert control. Softcover, 296 pages

OPTION #2:

Batman: Under the Red Hood - DVD

20140529_230912_zpsih8sdzun.jpg

OPTION #3:

The Crow on Bluray - Brand new sealed

20130912_202736_zpsaf719f74.jpg

OPTION #4:

Showcase Presents Metamorpho TPB

20140529_230314_zps8ocd0pu5.jpg

Volume 1 - Collects Brave and the Bold (1955-1983 1st Series) #57-58, 66, 68, Metamorpho (1965-1968 1st Series) #1-17, and Justice League of America (Vol.1) #42. Written by Bob Haney and Gardner Fox. Art by Ramona Fradon, Jack Sparling, and Mike Sekowsky. Cover by Sal Trapani. This massive black-and-white volume collects all Metamorpho's Silver Age adventures. Guest-starring Batman, the Justice League of America, the Metal Men and more! Softcover, 560 pages

OPTION #5:

Kraven the Hunter figure

20130901_214258_zps5df4f432.jpg

OPTION #6:

Magneto 0-4 (1993-1997)

20130929_081307_zps3bed55ec.jpg

OPTION #7:

KAFKA 1-6 - Complete series (Renegade Press - 1987)

20130727_225241_zps25d8ab43.jpg

OPTION #8:

Marvel Comics Lot - 13 issues of MARVEL TEAM UP & MARVEL TWO IN ONE

MARVEL TEAM-UP #37 (Sept 1975) - Spider-man & Man-Wolf - VG- condition

MARVEL TEAM-UP #70 (June 1978) - Spider-man & Thor - GD condition

MARVEL TEAM-UP #95 (July 1980) - Spider-man & Mockingbird - GD condition

MARVEL TEAM-UP #120 (Aug 1982) - Spider-man & Dominic Fortune - FN- condition

MARVEL TEAM-UP #121 (Sept 1982) - Spider-man & Human Torch - FN- condition

MARVEL TEAM-UP #132 (Aug 1983) - Spider-man & Mr. Fantastic - FN+ condition

MARVEL TEAM-UP #135 (Nov 1983) - Spider-man & Kitty Pryde - VG- condition

MARVEL TEAM-UP #136 (Dec 1983) - Spider-man & Wonder Man - VG- condition

MARVEL TEAM-UP #137 (Jan 1984) - Spider-man Aunt May Franklin Richards - VG- condition

MARVEL TEAM-UP #140 (April 1984) - Spider-man & Black Widow - FN+ condition

MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #66 (Aug 1980) - Thing & Scarlet Witch - FN+ condition

MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #72 (Feb 1981) - Thing & Inhumans - FN condition

MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #86 (April 1982) - Thing & Sandman - VF condition

20140623_223329_zpseda4ojv7.jpg

I know it's the same old shrimp but I'm at work on my phone . I'll add more later tonight. Thanks! (thumbs u

It doesn't matter - the same few always take in this thread. Good luck with PIF. :hi:

This is only my 3rd time participating, and the last time was back in December.

If you're concerned about the same people participating, why not dip your toe in the pool instead of scowling at the swimmers?

This is a difficult topic that seems to keep raising its ugly head. What entails claiming too much? If someone claims all the time but put up awesome follow-up offers that are claimed within minutes, does that hurt anything? I think the frustration I am seeing (and this does not apply to anyone specific) is when the same people claim stuff a lot then either offer the same items as before or items that sit there for 4 days. That can be a fun killler but it does not necessarily mean the offers were not good, just that no one wanted them at this time. I would also encourage some of the PIFers to venture to other parts of the boards and participate in discussions and get to know people. There is nothing wrong per say if the only posts you ever have are PIF but I think you are missing out on other cool stuff and may give a false/inaccurate impression that you are only here for free stuff.

Lets have a fun 4th of July PIF weekend :)

This is a difficult topic that seems to keep raising its ugly head. What entails claiming too much? If someone claims all the time but put up awesome follow-up offers that are claimed within minutes, does that hurt anything? I think the frustration I am seeing (and this does not apply to anyone specific) is when the same people claim stuff a lot then either offer the same items as before or items that sit there for 4 days. That can be a fun killler but it does not necessarily mean the offers were not good, just that no one wanted them at this time. I would also encourage some of the PIFers to venture to other parts of the boards and participate in discussions and get to know people. There is nothing wrong per say if the only posts you ever have are PIF but I think you are missing out on other cool stuff and may give a false/inaccurate impression that you are only here for free stuff.

Lets have a fun 4th of July PIF weekend :)

I would say that no one is claiming too much or too little, as long as they follow the rules, and the people that DO claim made a solid good faith effort to put up something that someone will hopefully like.

I don't think posting negative posts are too constructive (not talking about CA Hokie).

The problem with this "being negative" defense is it disguises the truth.

#Truth - sorry to point people out, but the current offer has been offered about 3 or 4 times - AT MINIMUM. Here's a tip - if you post some offerings and it isn't claimed for several days at a time --- :gossip: no one wants it.

If you don't have anything else to offer, maybe have some self restraint the next time.

But we see the same offerings stalling this thread for days at a time.

#Truth - sorry to point people out, but the current offer has been offered about 3 or 4 times - AT MINIMUM. Here's a tip - if you post some offerings and it isn't claimed for several days at a time --- :gossip: no one wants it.

If you don't have anything else to offer, maybe have some self restraint the next time.

You are right it is the same old. Even though it is the same my offers have always been taken. I've never had an offer expire.

I would say that just because you see the same offers, it doesn't mean that the offers aren't any good. If someone kept throwing up 9.8 ASM slabs, I don't think you'd be complaining. If the offers are being taken, then I don't see a problem. I think the real issue here is that you keep seeing offers that you personally don't like, and subsequently feel a need to complain about it.

It's funny cuz I see the same couple of people complain and complain about PIF yet NEVER participate or take offers....and don't say it's because all the offers are taken so quickly by the same handful of people, there have been plenty of times that really good offers have sat hours and hours before being claimed

Yes, there are some offers posted over and over again and stall the thread. That's going to happen regardless, I learned real quick what I thought were good offers I posted several months ago for a ASM book evidently were not in the same interest category as other members on here and quickly switched it up. Since then my offers have been taken pretty quickly and I continue to come up with new ideas/things for the eventual next PIF I participate in.

I've also met some really cool guys like Vailiant and CAHokie who are great people and some of the friendliest boardies I've met on here because let's be honest some people on here are to newbies and the people who have lower post counts.

Lesson is....Take part in the PIF at some point before you complain.

Eventually the PIF participants that do not switch it up will learn and either stop participating or amp up their offers like I have.