• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

:bump: UPDATED OFFER

Ship anywhere in US for free, cover $10 for anywhere else.

Please choose up to 3 options

OPTION #1:

Showcase Presents Eclipso TPB

20140529_230552_zpsfzsdcbwa.jpg

Collects House of Secrets (1956-1978 1st Series) #61-80. Written by Bob Haney. Art by Lee Elias, Alex Toth, Jack Sparling and Bernard Baily. Cover by Bernard Baily. One of the strangest comics villains ever stars in his own Showcase! On an expedition in the South Pacific, scientist Bruce Gordon's dark side is unleashed after being exposed to a black diamond. Transformed into the powerful Eclipso, he embarked on an evil rampage as his good side attempted to reassert control. Softcover, 296 pages

OPTION #2:

Batman: Under the Red Hood - DVD

20140529_230912_zpsih8sdzun.jpg

OPTION #3:

The Crow on Bluray - Brand new sealed

20130912_202736_zpsaf719f74.jpg

OPTION #4:

Showcase Presents Metamorpho TPB

20140529_230314_zps8ocd0pu5.jpg

Volume 1 - Collects Brave and the Bold (1955-1983 1st Series) #57-58, 66, 68, Metamorpho (1965-1968 1st Series) #1-17, and Justice League of America (Vol.1) #42. Written by Bob Haney and Gardner Fox. Art by Ramona Fradon, Jack Sparling, and Mike Sekowsky. Cover by Sal Trapani. This massive black-and-white volume collects all Metamorpho's Silver Age adventures. Guest-starring Batman, the Justice League of America, the Metal Men and more! Softcover, 560 pages

OPTION #5:

Kraven the Hunter figure

20130901_214258_zps5df4f432.jpg

OPTION #6:

Magneto 0-4 (1993-1997)

20130929_081307_zps3bed55ec.jpg

OPTION #7:

KAFKA 1-6 - Complete series (Renegade Press - 1987)

20130727_225241_zps25d8ab43.jpg

OPTION #8:

Marvel Comics Lot - 13 issues of MARVEL TEAM UP & MARVEL TWO IN ONE

MARVEL TEAM-UP #37 (Sept 1975) - Spider-man & Man-Wolf - VG- condition

MARVEL TEAM-UP #70 (June 1978) - Spider-man & Thor - GD condition

MARVEL TEAM-UP #95 (July 1980) - Spider-man & Mockingbird - GD condition

MARVEL TEAM-UP #120 (Aug 1982) - Spider-man & Dominic Fortune - FN- condition

MARVEL TEAM-UP #121 (Sept 1982) - Spider-man & Human Torch - FN- condition

MARVEL TEAM-UP #132 (Aug 1983) - Spider-man & Mr. Fantastic - FN+ condition

MARVEL TEAM-UP #135 (Nov 1983) - Spider-man & Kitty Pryde - VG- condition

MARVEL TEAM-UP #136 (Dec 1983) - Spider-man & Wonder Man - VG- condition

MARVEL TEAM-UP #137 (Jan 1984) - Spider-man Aunt May Franklin Richards - VG- condition

MARVEL TEAM-UP #140 (April 1984) - Spider-man & Black Widow - FN+ condition

MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #66 (Aug 1980) - Thing & Scarlet Witch - FN+ condition

MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #72 (Feb 1981) - Thing & Inhumans - FN condition

MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #86 (April 1982) - Thing & Sandman - VF condition

20140623_223329_zpseda4ojv7.jpg

OR

MYSTERY BOX

cardboard_boxcopy_zpsl1z6n6zs.jpg

Forget about all this mess that has been offered many times and grab a MYSTERY BOX!

The box may contain raws from various ages, maybe a TPB or 2 and is guaranteed to contain 1 slab. The box may contain 1 or 2 of the options above plus other goodies.

Thanks! (thumbs u

It's funny cuz I see the same couple of people complain and complain about PIF yet NEVER participate or take offers....and don't say it's because all the offers are taken so quickly by the same handful of people, there have been plenty of times that really good offers have sat hours and hours before being claimed

Yes, there are some offers posted over and over again and stall the thread. That's going to happen regardless, I learned real quick what I thought were good offers I posted several months ago for a ASM book evidently were not in the same interest category as other members on here and quickly switched it up. Since then my offers have been taken pretty quickly and I continue to come up with new ideas/things for the eventual next PIF I participate in.

I've also met some really cool guys like Vailiant and CAHokie who are great people and some of the friendliest boardies I've met on here because let's be honest some people on here are to newbies and the people who have lower post counts.

Lesson is....Take part in the PIF at some point before you complain.

Eventually the PIF participants that do not switch it up will learn and either stop participating or amp up their offers like I have.

I can't speak to Swick but as someone who has participated numerous times this thread literally has the same ebb and flow that goes as follows:

Great offer taken and then terrible offer follows. People complain about the same few members who take generous offers only to reciprocate with drek. Now, much like a choose your own adventure a few possibilities transpire:

1. The drek offerer responds by saying how he's sorry that he doesn't have the awesome collection or money and his offer is all he can do. This is completely acceptable except when the same person claimed an offer that they have zero intention of paying forward.

2. Someone claims the offer simply to move the thread along. This serves no purpose as it perpetuates the same behavior that clogs up the thread.

3. The offer stagnates for the required time and reverts to the prior offer.

Then after there is a an uptick in quality of the offers and the action lasts for 5 or so exchanges when inevitably one of the repeat offenders take an offer and then follows up with the same . People complain and it leads to the next phase of the cycle.

What I find bothersome is not the monetary value of the offer but rather the laziness of the individual making it. If you take an offer, without duress or coercion, then you should put in a modicum of effort and try to think of something to enhance the thread rather than simply poaching above average offers and then meeting the mandatory obligation of putting stuff up.

Maybe get to know the boardies that are mess to noobs. :idea:

There is always time to get to know people, but is someone treats you roughly without a good reason it might take some time – and not everyone is in the mood to do so, so better have the boardies being mess to noobs think a little about themselves.

What I find bothersome is not the monetary value of the offer but rather the laziness of the individual making it. If you take an offer, without duress or coercion, then you should put in a modicum of effort and try to think of something to enhance the thread rather than simply poaching above average offers and then meeting the mandatory obligation of putting stuff up.

On this I agree. My offers were nothing special, but it took time to think about it, and also trying to make the shipping costs acceptable as I have this added limitation from Italy.

OPTION #2

I'll call this one "the Cherry Picker". If you choose this option, I will e-mail you a list of over 3500 comics with their corresponding OSPG values. Choose whatever you like up to a value of $100. It could be 50 x $2 books, or 2 x $50 books, or any other combination that pleases you.

cherrypicker.jpg

:takeit:

Well that was quick. I was worried I might put the brakes on this thread.

PM coming your way Barth!

Very cool offer. Love it.

Ok..

4 options , Pick one please :)

Option 1 ..

Doomsday pack ... All the cool kids like doomsday now.. you can be cool too ...

1D91A168-24FC-4110-8815-6A065FF29D40_zpsjhsrvuec.jpg

Option 2

Thor Dark world Pack ..

You know them.. you like em '

Upside down variants ...

D216AB79-41C7-4311-8969-4CDE31041462_zpszbtex96z.jpg

Option 3:

Pre Nightwing Teen titans story .. Both are .95 price variants.. both are HTF.. and you don't have em'

172BB9E1-AC94-479D-B2D7-E129E7C55B26_zpsecqojsdn.jpg

Option 4

New stuff for the Modern collector

I am not sure what printing the Rai 2 recalled book is .. But the kool kids like em'

87761626-A415-40A4-A27E-3D6F6BA3C824_zpse0fhjkkz.jpg

How did I do ?