• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

You did not get it: it’s the postage that it‘s expensive. :D

I have a big number of TPBs, hardcovers and graphic novels and the like which I would love to give away, but the cost to ship them to USA with the current rates is prohibitive. :(

If some thing costs over $15-20 to ship the recipient should be willing to help on shipping. I personally have no problem doing this but maybe thats just me.

People usually offer to cover the first 10-15$ on shipping, and ask that the receiver cover any extra shipping costs. The problem I think vaillant would run into with TPBs being shipped from Italy is that if the receiver has to put in extra money for the shipping, ordering the TPBs straight from Amazon might work out to be cheaper.

People usually offer to cover the first 10-15$ on shipping, and ask that the receiver cover any extra shipping costs. The problem I think vaillant would run into with TPBs being shipped from Italy is that if the receiver has to put in extra money for the shipping, ordering the TPBs straight from Amazon might work out to be cheaper.

Precisely. This one, for example, which I wanted to offer for some time now, risks to go above 2.2 lbs when well pakaged. This means that from $20, which is the cost of Priority for that, we go straight away to $35. Even if offering $15-20 on shipping, the taker would need to add at least $15. Which, of course, could be fine for Elektra Lives Again (in about NM condition) but not for a generic hardback without much interest.

Masterworks are worse: they weight a bit more, and thus you should take advantage of the $35 to ship two… oh well, I might think about it if the occasion arises… lol

SAXWpZnh.jpg

Ok..

4 options , Pick one please :)

Option 1 ..

Doomsday pack ... All the cool kids like doomsday now.. you can be cool too ...

1D91A168-24FC-4110-8815-6A065FF29D40_zpsjhsrvuec.jpg

Option 2

Thor Dark world Pack ..

You know them.. you like em '

Upside down variants ...

D216AB79-41C7-4311-8969-4CDE31041462_zpszbtex96z.jpg

Option 3:

Pre Nightwing Teen titans story .. Both are .95 price variants.. both are HTF.. and you don't have em'

172BB9E1-AC94-479D-B2D7-E129E7C55B26_zpsecqojsdn.jpg

Option 4

New stuff for the Modern collector

I am not sure what printing the Rai 2 recalled book is .. But the kool kids like em'

87761626-A415-40A4-A27E-3D6F6BA3C824_zpse0fhjkkz.jpg

How did I do ?

:bump:

The board can certainly sustain two threads. I have noticed recently though in PIF that people will post what they want to offer and let it sit there virtually unchanged for four days until it expires. This always surprises me. If no one claims it within several hours and without a doubt after a day or two then you know it needs to be changed. I actually worry if no one claims my stuff within 30 mins so after a day I would give an entire new offer. Every time an offer sits there until it expires it basically kills the thread for almost a week.

The rules are not going to be changed again by the OP unless he decides he wants to. He tried to start a thread that I still believe in but that I dont blame him that he has basically left it. The rules are fine as they are, its the ones who dont "get it" that are the problem.

5 options , Pick two please :)

Option 1 ..

Doomsday pack ... All the cool kids like doomsday now.. you can be cool too ...

1D91A168-24FC-4110-8815-6A065FF29D40_zpsjhsrvuec.jpg

Option 2

Thor Dark world Pack ..

You know them.. you like em '

Upside down variants ...

D216AB79-41C7-4311-8969-4CDE31041462_zpszbtex96z.jpg

Option 3:

Pre Nightwing Teen titans story .. Both are .95 price variants.. both are HTF.. and you don't have em'

172BB9E1-AC94-479D-B2D7-E129E7C55B26_zpsecqojsdn.jpg

Option 4

New stuff for the Modern collector

I am not sure what printing the Rai 2 recalled book is .. But the kool kids like em'

87761626-A415-40A4-A27E-3D6F6BA3C824_zpse0fhjkkz.jpg

Option 5

Avengers 67 Early ultron ....

3D75D622-8783-4BD1-9BF3-75858D102EFD_zpssyxy4acm.jpg

I know you are. Isnt this your first PIF? If so dont stress it. There would be more activity but the Giving Tree just started. Dont worry, if no one claims it, I will before your offer expires. I just want to give someone else a chance to pick up that Avengers copy in case it is important for their collection. :)

OPTION #2

I'll call this one "the Cherry Picker". If you choose this option, I will e-mail you a list of over 3500 comics with their corresponding OSPG values. Choose whatever you like up to a value of $100. It could be 50 x $2 books, or 2 x $50 books, or any other combination that pleases you.

cherrypicker.jpg

:takeit:

Just a couple of the books that Barth will end up with...

7323.jpg

2549.jpg

I think the PIF is rolling good as well. The Tree is to keep the quality of offer consistent, but it will also work as an incentive for people to improve the PIF offers, otherwise the thread will stall. Good job guys! ;)

I loved aelelarkin offer – was thinking about it but I still have my wantlists to sort out…