• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

What they were trying to imply is that you took an offer that you didn't want, at the last second, in order that the X-Men slabs would not go back up and be available for someone else to claim.

Hence "nice save" from Ducky13.

Btw I'm not casting aspersions on your :takeit: - but you seem confused about what's being suggested, so thought I'd clear it up.

Grabbing a large batch of modern books will never be suspect or a bad pick up. It was the weird timing that I questioned but I see you were hoping a new person would grab it which is very cool. Having a series of offers sit for 4 days and then get grabbed at literally the last second will always raise questions from people. I'm sure you would have questioned it if someone else did it.

It almost seems like you guys were not going to claim his offer no matter what with hopes that it would revert back so you could get a cool book. I really hope that is not the case because that would be truly sad.

Wouldn't the next person who claimed the X-Men slab have to get an offer accepted and I'd think that person would have the same problems if they offered up batches of not really hot modern books and other not so in demand items.

Ah... I see. So now those guys are experts on what I collect and don't collect even though they are the exact type of items that I tend to claim. lol I wasn't interested in the ashcan stuff, cards, buttons or whatever. I do however collect runs I have not read yet. As I said before, they should be more concerned about the vulture mentality they are projecting than the fact I like the Punisher and just started collecting FF.

Ah... I see. So now those guys are experts on what I collect and don't collect even though they are the exact type of items that I tend to claim. lol I wasn't interested in the ashcan stuff, cards, buttons or whatever. I do however collect runs I have not read yet. As I said before, they should be more concerned about the vulture mentality they are projecting than the fact I like the Punisher and just started collecting FF.

But his second offer was up for nearly a day and a half with virtually no interest and you waited to the last second to grab them. I understand you wanting to hold off for a bit to see if anyone else wanted them but I think you could have taken them way before the last second and not held up the thread for 4 days. You may be a vocal member of the PIF but don't hesitate to grab stuff your interested in especially since your offers get snagged so quickly.

So now its my job to make sure the thread moves quickly and claim things immediately when I see them? It was there for anyone to claim and had several options to choose from. I WANT other people to get involved in these threads, so me claiming everything I want every time I see it will make me a greedy little donkey. Especially since I have already gotten two good offers this month in the GT thread. What a coincidence, one of those was a long Fantastic Four run as well.... I am not on the boards to just claim free stuff and I have been more than lucky in the things I have received here and I try to give back as well. I was awake and on the boards and saw that no one was going to claim it so I waited until I knew no one else wanted it. I am not for sure why this is being projected on to me. I am not the reason another thread had to be created to weed out the offenders on this one.

When will you learn to use quotes? lol

Aside from all this (there’s too much reading in other people’s intentions, really) I see nothing bad in waiting to see if the offer goes unclaimed and eventually grab one of the nice previous offers, as long as the follow-up offer would have been interesting or good enough. :)

[…] As I said before, they should be more concerned about the vulture mentality they are projecting than the fact I like the Punisher and just started collecting FF.

Now that is awesome! :whee:

Hi Claudio :hi:

Yeah, so far I got an entire Byrne run with crossovers in the PIF thread. I was also able to snag 50-60 comics in some sales threads that came after that for basically nothing. A few more trade pickups in the TPB Swap site and then the last two pickups in the Giving Tree and here has me some nice long runs to read. :)

So now its my job to make sure the thread moves quickly and claim things immediately when I see them? It was there for anyone to claim and had several options to choose from. I WANT other people to get involved in these threads, so me claiming everything I want every time I see it will make me a greedy little donkey. Especially since I have already gotten two good offers this month in the GT thread. What a coincidence, one of those was a long Fantastic Four run as well.... I am not on the boards to just claim free stuff and I have been more than lucky in the things I have received here and I try to give back as well. I was awake and on the boards and saw that no one was going to claim it so I waited until I knew no one else wanted it. I am not for sure why this is being projected on to me. I am not the reason another thread had to be created to weed out the offenders on this one.

Look, Ben, we all like ya here. But we've also all, including you, commented on stuff being taken at the last minute to keep the thread going.

Clearly hulksmash's offer wasn't going to be claimed. Whether that's because it was a lame offer, or people just don't want to deal with him, who's to say. I think those two options are more likely than people just wanting to snipe the previous offer.

Regardless of your intentions, I'm having trouble believing you can't see how people are looking at this as a bail out.

Sigh... So I am the bad guy here? Not the ones sitting around like meat eaters waiting to see an offer expire so they could jump on the previous one? I would normally agree with you but they basically admitted they were hoping it would be available today. It doesnt take much to read between the lines. I have to admit this one is throwing me for a loop. I would have thought you guys would know by now I would never tolerate manipulating a thread...

Allujay, the difference is that I actually wanted the items! I also did not bail out a buddy. I just claimed similar ones from you in the GT so you know I am telling the truth about it....

:facepalm:

I'm not saying you're the bad guy. And just because people were excited about the previous offer doesn't make them vultures. Hulks a . I wouldn't want to deal with him, and with all the mess he's given people here and in the giving tree, why are you surprised that people want him to fail? If his offer was truly up to spec, it would've been claimed before you.

If you are happy with the books, great. But getting super defensive over this is not really helping. 2c

:gossip: I am only defensive because my character and motives were questioned. I will never let that go without a response. I would hope and expect no one would.

Sigh... So I am the bad guy here? Not the ones sitting around like meat eaters waiting to see an offer expire so they could jump on the previous one? I would normally agree with you but they basically admitted they were hoping it would be available today. It doesnt take much to read between the lines. I have to admit this one is throwing me for a loop. I would have thought you guys would know by now I would never tolerate manipulating a thread...

Allujay, the difference is that I actually wanted the items! I also did not bail out a buddy. I just claimed similar ones from you in the GT so you know I am telling the truth about it....

You are saying two completely different things in the same post. Your first paragraph says you would never let the thread be manipulated by people not wanting to take dreky modern runs or a large batch of pins and stamps. So you could see yourself taking a set just to make sure the thread was not "manipulated"?

But then your second paragraph explains why you wanted the set you took. Why the need for the first paragraph if you wanted the books - you are following the rules of the thread by taking his offer.

You are saying two completely different things in the same post. Your first paragraph says you would never let the thread be manipulated by people not wanting to take dreky modern runs or a large batch of pins and stamps. So you could see yourself taking a set just to make sure the thread was not "manipulated"?

But then your second paragraph explains why you wanted the set you took. Why the need for the first paragraph if you wanted the books - you are following the rules of the thread by taking his offer.

What are you talking about? Go back and read again. If I don't type something, please don't say that I said it.

:facepalm:

I'm not saying you're the bad guy. And just because people were excited about the previous offer doesn't make them vultures. Hulks a . I wouldn't want to deal with him, and with all the mess he's given people here and in the giving tree, why are you surprised that people want him to fail? If his offer was truly up to spec, it would've been claimed before you.

If you are happy with the books, great. But getting super defensive over this is not really helping. 2c

+1 I was NOT waiting for thunsicker's offer to pounce on it. I just don't like that dude especially given his dbag comments about past offers. Enjoy the books, looks like some good reads! (Thumbs u