• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

I am confused. How does it work now?

[font:Book Antiqua]The same.

Take some valuables,

post some garbage in return...

Rinse and repeat...

[/font]

So what I posted was garbage? All of it? If that is what you think, ok. Not only did I offer two PS3 games like I would have received , I opened it up to more than one option. Whether I agree or not doesn't

matter now that I've hit my limit with the PiF hypocracy. I've stayed away from this thread for quite a while because I didn't like what I saw. Guess I should have stayed away. Maybe I should have supported The Gifting Tree. Then again maybe I shouldn't have gotten this thread on the sticky list. No wonder NameJay backed out so long ago.

I will add that posting "junk" may be useful though. Just because you are posting what may be referred to as "junk" doesn't mean it is completely worthless.

Lately I have been collecting some nostalgia comics, some that I liked as a kid and sold or traded off. Most of these could be considered "junk" but they were worth something to me.

Also, if someone happens to be focused on ASM or UXM and you happen to be offering a bunch of "junk issues" that they need, then those are valuable to that person.

Please understand that I'm not trying to tell everyone to "please post yer junk!" but I'm hoping to ease some people's opinion that this thread is useless and serves no real purpose.

If a person is purposely trying to trade a PIF key for junk, then they will be savagely verbally beaten.

Wouldn't take it personally, or worry about it too much. sometimes good offers don't get taken. And of course you might get some flack from other boardies, but this is the internet. The PIF isn't perfect, but it continues to work, and it's outlasted similar threads.

Wouldn't take it personally, or worry about it too much. sometimes good offers don't get taken. And of course you might get some flack from other boardies, but this is the internet. The PIF isn't perfect, but it continues to work, and it's outlasted similar threads.

[cough]The Giving Tree[/cough]

Take some valuables,

Rinse and repeat...

[/font]

So what I posted was garbage? All of it? If that is what you think, ok. Not only did I offer two PS3 games like I would have received , I opened it up to more than one option. Whether I agree or not doesn't

matter now that I've hit my limit with the PiF hypocracy. I've stayed away from this thread for quite a while because I didn't like what I saw. Guess I should have stayed away. Maybe I should have supported The Gifting Tree. Then again maybe I shouldn't have gotten this thread on the sticky list. No wonder NameJay backed out so long ago.

No BG it wasn't garbage.I was going to jump all over your offer #7 but I didn't see it until after time expired and it had reverted back.

I wouldn't take it personally.

When I did PIF, I almost retook each of the option photos with a $20 bill laying on top.

Eventually someone took one of my options but they only wanted a single signed comic and a new pack of Mylites and told me to keep all the dollar comics.

Simply put, it's a tough crowd. Myself included. I'm very myopic in my comic interests. My choice was for some old spidey's to recapture my childhood, but I wasn't really a spiderman reader and so it was kind of a "Meh" trade for me. I'd probably jump right in if someone put up some original series alpha flights or bronze Capt. Americas in a short run.

I've decided if I participate again, options will have either a slab, be a full run (not just an arc) including all variants, something that you can flip for $50+, Or, as I stated above, have a $20 bill nested in the pages.

And I would bet you that they'd just pick the option with the $20, and go "Just paypal me the $20 as a gift, and keep the dollar comics".

-T

Take some valuables,

Rinse and repeat...

[/font]

No BG it wasn't garbage.I was going to jump all over your offer #7 but I didn't see it until after time expired and it had reverted back.

I'd be in favor of bending the rules to let him pick the offer #7 and keep the ball rolling.

Take some valuables,

Rinse and repeat...

[/font]

I'd be in favor of bending the rules to let him pick the offer #7 and keep the ball rolling.

Sounds good to me, I took something once when time expired.

Take some valuables,

Rinse and repeat...

[/font]

As the person to whom things reverted back to, I'm fine with that. I defer to BG. It's his call.

Well we had this thread running real good a week or two back with Shadow Images Harley Quinn statue (which I took) and my subsequent Thief of Thieves 1 + Manifest Destiny 1 Ottley Variant...I believe there were a few other really good offers before the statue as well like Valiant's JSM Spidey's......those are the kind of offers that make this thread super exciting and fun to check on throughout the day.

However, I'm sure that

A. a lot of people don't have in demand keys or

B. Do not want to part with any of them...I know it was real hard for me to part with my last offer but I sure like my statue.

Perhaps more PIF members could post offers such as these examples

Well thanks to Marvel's big movie announcement last week, almost all their comics are now considered keys and now even the reader copies are extremely valuable and therefore no one wants to just "give" them away!

Current offer:

Ok, someone earlier said they enjoyed seeing non-comic items mixed in, so here are some.

Option 1 - Choose one. Both are GD (Reptilicus - cover split and detached; TOS - cover almost completely split and barely attached, cover crease, stains on cover)

photo1_zpsc8f33d8d.jpg

Option 2 - Choose two - all are PS3 games (Spider-Man: Edge of Time, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and Batman Arkham City [Game of the Year Edition]).

photo2_zps5135ef8b.jpg

Option 3 - Take both. Movies are: X-Men, X2: X-Men United, X-Men The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, and The Wolverine. All are on Blu-Ray and are the movies only (no additional discs w/ special features). The Spider-Man smartphone case fits phones the size of an Apple iPhone 4S.

photo3_zps72849401.jpg