• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

:takeit: option B Fantastic four

Whoops. I just noticed the typo - I'm assuming you know the two books are Fantastic Four 49 & 50 not 48 & 49. They may be beat readers but still key books.

I'm sure people would love an option like this...

Option #2 2 cgc 9.8 slabs

Chew #3

USM #15

298slabs_zps23f02922.jpg

:takeit: OPTION 2

Or this...

Option 1:

Aliens #3 9.0

DSC_6082_zps719d2ea2.jpg

:takeit: Option 1:

Or this...

20140707_111635_zpsd87a30d0.jpg ajulliay awesome mystery box thanks so much!!!!!

Just as examples.

Sweet infinity war TPBs!

The first 2 slab I got lucky with the 9.8s, as for the alien slab no one was interested so I made an offer and the last was a mystery box so I had no idea what I was getting. I popped up part of an offer I submitted before late last night - the first black spiderman man attached the first time I offered, Again like the rules state if you dont like someones offer dont take it. then someone else has a chance. Anyway previous off still up and still someone who comment on post will receive random lot of mini figures. Think the last time every one who commented got a large set (4 people last time )

Who's shill is Cemetery?

I've never heard of him before this minute.

He is the same guy back in April that:

Took this:

Option #2 2 cgc 9.8 slabs

Chew #3

USM #15

298slabs_zps23f02922.jpg

:takeit: OPTION 2

And offered this:

Please Pick option A (Astonishing -men #2 9.4) or B (Transformers armada #1 9.6), and i will throw in A Max Defender.

Free shipping Canada & USA

Option A

xm_zps411036bc.jpg

Option B

IMG_6231_zpscda82084.jpg

Free With A or B

free_zps36c4353c.jpg

That's an awesome picture of that slab

Don't be shocked when allowing anything and everything, results in the people everyone would want participating in this thread to not participate. Anything goes usually results in unintended (and poor) results.

First off you need a pretty long and well documented track record to be trusted with a "mystery" anything. It's just BEGGING to be taken advantage of.

Sadly, this was the last we heard of comix4fun, paul747 and several others in the thread.

And do you know who "saved the day" for Cemetery back then... :gossip: Big.Daddy

;)

The first 2 slab I got lucky with the 9.8s, as for the alien slab no one was interested so I made an offer and the last was a mystery box so I had no idea what I was getting. I popped up part of an offer I submitted before late last night - the first black spiderman man attached the first time I offered, Again like the rules state if you dont like someones offer dont take it. then someone else has a chance. Anyway previous off still up and still someone who comment on post will receive random lot of mini figures. Think the last time every one who commented got a large set (4 people last time )

Sorry but what are you talking about? It sounds like you are explaining why your previous picks were awesome and then I think you are saying your previous offers included a Secret Wars 8. And are you offering $3 lego sets to anyone who comments on your offer? No thanks.

And do you know who "saved the day" for Cemetery back then... :gossip: Big.Daddy

;)

It does seem a little strange that big.daddy's last couple offer were not taken and then the mysterious Cemetery pops up out of nowhere. Are bobble head doll and lego figures offered up since they are easy to get for a couple dollars and appear to be a great offer by the uninformed?

Prepare for a Wall of Text that would make RMA proud.

Cemetary,

Again, I like to give the benefit of the doubt to people, and I hope there is a misunderstanding here, so I will break it down to what the problem is. However, based on your above statement, I am not so sure.

When you joined the boards, one of your very first posts (like within first 3) was in PIF wanting to claim something. You were told you needed 50 posts before you could participate. You quickly got your 50 posts and since March you have not participated on the board except for PIF or the Giving Tree. Perhaps you are the type that likes to read and not type. That is understandable. There are members on here since 2003 that post only a few times a year. However, when those posts are only to take free comics, you can understand why it would make people suspicious.

The spirit of the thread is to give more than you take, or maybe give the same, or hopefully not give 20% of what you take. Even though value does not matter and can not be talked about, people still notice because we are human. We have seen those lego offers numerous times now. I am not even for sure if you own them, or buy them afterward and ship them to the winner because the photos are stock. To put it bluntly, you can buy those figures on Ebay extremely cheap, and if, IF, someone were being shady it could easily be done by claiming good items and then sending those. I am in no way saying you do that, but giving you a possible perception that the boards may see.

I appreciate that you send a free set of legos to someone commenting. I must ask though, do you actually send those legos? I ask only because, I know for a fact that one of the past winners never received them. Perhaps it was only an oversight, who knows.

Rules are in place to keep things running smoothly. As a board though, we still have the right to refuse something if we feel we are being taken advantage of. I hate to put pressure on 1Cool, but if it were me, I would state that I am not honoring the :takeit: and that the offer be reverted back to him. Otherwise, I will expect that a member of the typical 4 or 5 will save you and claim it. That or someone that is a nice guy trying to make things happy again, not realizing that they are actually enabling the problem and not helping to fix it.

If the rules allow me to not honor the I'll take it then I'll definitely do that. I'd rather the Astonishing Tales go to someone else then have the thread obviously manipulated.

You are right Swick. I know you think I am too nice sometimes, but I don't want this to turn into a slam Cemetary or anyone else in particular type of thing. I just want people to know that certain practices are unacceptable and will not be tolerated. I asked 1Cool to flat our reject his take it. I know it has never been done before, but sometimes it has to. I also ask that no one (especially those unfamiliar with why we are upset) jump in and claim it for altruistic reasons. You know I was semi-scammed in this thread in the past (by someone else) and I never said anything. I should have, because that person reaped the benefits and no one else was the wiser.

Please Pick one option. I'll cover domestic shipping or I'll chip in up to $20 toward international shipping (option D is going to be expensive).

Option A:

Batman 189 - GD

&

Deadpool Corps 1 - 12 - NM / NM+

th_Batman189_zps091c1e9d.jpg

th_DeadpoolCorps12_zpsdca66aaf.jpg

Option B:

Fantastic Four 48 & 49 - FR/GD

Plus 4 assorted TPBs

th_FantasticFour49Front_zpsa0c686a4.jpg

th_FantasticFour50Front_zps371a54f0.jpg

Option C:

Moon Knight 1 -12 - NM &

Morbius 1 - 9 - NM &

Punisher Limited Series 1 - 5 - NM

th_MoonKnight1_zpsf37eae19.jpg

th_Morbius4_zps25e65c06.jpg

Option D:

Green Lantern 0 - 34 - New 52 Series - NM / NM+

GreenLantern2_zpse103611c.jpg

Option E:

An assortment of 100 random books. Mostly Spiderman & Batmans

Option F:

X-Factor 5 & 6 - NM-

th_X-Factor5_zpsaf36fe23.jpg

th_X-Factor6_zpsefd45e22.jpg

Option G:

Vengeance of Bane 1 - NM-

&

Booster Gold 1 - FN/VF

th_VengeanceofBane1Front_zpsdb022f5c.jpg

th_BoosterGold1B_zpseb4b608f.jpg

Option H:

X-Men 31 - VF+

X-Men39Front_zps57feadb5.jpg

Option I:

Wolverine Old Man Logan 66 to 72 - NM set - Loved reading this set

Wolverine66_zps668996eb.jpg

Wolverine72_zpsf1ab6aff.jpg

Option J:

Next Men 1 Signed by John Byrne &

Power Man & Iron Fist 76 Signed by Chris Cleremont and others &

Warlord 70 Signed by Frank Miller

th_Warlord70_zpsdde99dd1.jpg

th_NextMen1_zpsb7e36e02.jpg

th_NextMen1Autographs_zps18fad093.jpg

Current offer has been updated to include Option J

There is no specific rule covering it, however there is a rule that says "Be Honest." If you feel that someone is not being honest then I think you could flat our reject it to protect other board members. Again, it has never been done..... but the participants are the only one who would care and I think the opinions in the thread are well documented.

I have no idea what you're trying to say. :ohnoez:

My point was, you've gotten some good stuff out of this thread. If you haven't sold all of it yet, you should re-offer some of it. Y'know, to pay it forward. This is the 20 millionth time you've offered 'Lego Compatible' items. It's a stale offer, and a continual slap in the face to people making an actual effort in this thread.