• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

His "offer" is whatever he puts up - he can change it any time throughout his tenure.

No go to page 1 and read.

You can change your offers at any time. So even if his reverted back he changed it before your post.

Could you please quote that in the rules?

Not trying to be a smart "spoon" but not in rules.Yes I know we add more books to get someone to take the PIF but nothing in the rules saying you can change your original PIF thats all I am saying.

The ORIGNAL post should be back up for the taking.

RULES:

-If none of your offers are claimed within 4 days (96 hours) of your first offer, the previous offer automatically goes back up.

If the people want to change this rule then they should maybe do a vote onit.

So if you have something on the PIF & E-BAY who should get the book then so be it.

I do not think you should have a book on the PIF and Anywhere else for sale because you run into problems that way.

The previous offer iis whatever he is offering, you don't get to tell him what his offer is.

:facepalm:

-slym

Ok, so as some sort of self inflicted punishment, I decided to help straighten out the above mess. My brain now hurts and I may have lost a few cells but there are a few learning points for newer members or perhaps even older ones.

* It is never a good practice to have books offered on PIF and on Ebay at the same time. Best to prevent drama by not risking an :takeit: at the same time someone bids on it or buy it nows there.

* You can always switch up your offers but remember that the offer reverts automatically and there may be a time where your old offer would automatically go back up before you change it up. If you no longer have those books because they sold or in process of selling that could be a problem. I would recommend (in my opinion only) that you either hold on to them until the next offer is taken releasing your responsibility or at the very least going back and making it known in your last offer thread that the offer is no longer valid if it reverts.

Those are just my opinions and I could be wrong. :insane:

His "offer" is whatever he puts up - he can change it any time throughout his tenure.

You can change your offers at any time. So even if his reverted back he changed it before your post.

Not trying to be a smart "spoon" but not in rules.Yes I know we add more books to get someone to take the PIF but nothing in the rules saying you can change your original PIF thats all I am saying.

RULES:

-If none of your offers are claimed within 4 days (96 hours) of your first offer, the previous offer automatically goes back up.

So if you have something on the PIF & E-BAY who should get the book then so be it.

I do not think you should have a book on the PIF and Anywhere else for sale because you run into problems that way.

The previous offer iis whatever he is offering, you don't get to tell him what his offer is.

-slym

You are 100% correct

But PLEASE read page 1

You do know how to read?

RULES:

You are 100% correct

But PLEASE read page 1

You do know how to read?

No, I don't know how to read. Or type. Or use common sense & logic.

/sarcasm

-slym

Topcat (tsk)

There was a brief period of time where the offer had reverted and was already being bid on ebay at the same time. Luckily no one claimed it and 1Cool changed the offer. To be clear, 1Cool has the right to change his offer though.

If you would have claimed it when it first reverted but before he changed it then there would be an argument.

Wait why is your last offer not up?

The :rulez: say -If none of your offers are claimed within 4 days (96 hours) of your first offer, the previous offer automatically goes back up.

I think you HAVE to post your last offer.NO waves just going by the rules.

:takeit: Option 8:

Fantastic Four 49 - FR/GD

I changed the offer soon after it was back on me so these books become the current offer. Is there one of the current offers you wish to take?

You have to offer your old offers first what don't you get.

You can change your offer up AFTER your old offer is back up.

With that said :takeit: Option 8:

Fantastic Four 49 - FR/GD

Topcat (tsk)

There was a brief period of time where the offer had reverted and was already being bid on ebay at the same time. Luckily no one claimed it and 1Cool changed the offer. To be clear, 1Cool has the right to change his offer though.

If you would have claimed it when it first reverted but before he changed it then there would be an argument.

No he put the book up on e-bay on Dec-26-14 09:19:48 PST Why would you take the chance the next persons PIF would be taken and go ahead and list it on the bay?

Just wondering he changed his PIF today?Thats why he did not list his original PIF.

We need need new rule.

Sigh......

At 09:33 EST The offer automatically reverted. You could have claimed the item then.

It was available until 11:56 EST at which time 1Cool changed it as he is allowed to do. You did not claim it in that three hour time.

At 7:28pm EST, you attempted to claim it, 8 hours after the offer had been changed. Yes if you would have claimed it earlier when it was available and it was already sold on Ebay there could have been a problem but it wasn't. 1Cool and others will now know not to have them listed here and there at the same time so I think it is best to let it go. These types of arguments are why, well one of, the reasons why people do not participate any more.