• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Same as usual. Free priority shipping with a tracking number in the U.S. If claimed tonight it will be shipped tomorrow when I ship Slym's. Outside the country I will pay first $15 Choose one option :)

OPTION # 1

Lets call this the Black Cat option.

Amazing Spider-Man 606 This is one of my favorite covers of all time.

AND

A Black Cat sketch I had done in person by Delgado this year in Anaheim.

Anyone that knows me knows that I never give up anything Spidey or Black Cat related so I hope this is considered somewhat worthy.

998206_491537944261998_967268220_n.jpg

OPTION # 2

1602 New World - Complete set 1-5

1602 - Complete set 1 - 8

AND Spider-Man 1602 - Complete set 1 - 5

1012440_491436377605488_1798240667_n.jpg

Did I mention that either option comes with a bonus gift of the entire Secret Wars II Set 1-9 :)

555474_491455130936946_599985707_n.jpg

you forgot the quotation marks around "gift" regarding secret Wars II....

thats more like "and a copy of that video tape from The Ring"

actually a pretty sweet offer all around, and wow :o for offering up something from your JSC/Blackcat vault!

My only problem with the idea of "subsequent offers should be similarly valued" is that if someone offers an expensive book, it takes a lot of people out of the running to offer something up again in the future.

I personally wouldn't be upset if I offered an ASM #300 9.8, for example, and the next person offered some recent hot modern.

I think the purpose of this thread isn't to care about the value of the merchandise, but to just feel good about giving.

My only problem with the idea of "subsequent offers should be similarly valued" is that if someone offers an expensive book, it takes a lot of people out of the running to offer something up again in the future.

I personally wouldn't be upset if I offered an ASM #300 9.8, for example, and the next person offered some recent hot modern.

I think the purpose of this thread isn't to care about the value of the merchandise, but to just feel good about giving.

Hey Jay,

Thanks for starting this thread. It is one of my favorites. I believe the large majority play it the way you intended. I enjoy the offerings but meeting people through this thread has been a bonus. There will always be a few people that try to take advantage but that is the same for anything nowdays. Once again, great thread! :)

My Offering, I am going to put up three mystery boxes, I will give a few hints at each one, but let me assure you, if you are to get any of the three are Worth $50 or more. I will cover shipping to either the US or Canada, outside of that you will need to cover shipping as these will be heavy.

Option one: Silver Age/Bronze Age Marvel's with a CGC 9.8 Copper Age

Creepy Guy Not Included

mystery-box.jpg

Option Two : Modern Lot, (May or may not include a few books from an upcoming Movie or TV show). TPB's included in here.

mystery_box1__36541_zoom.jpg

Option Three: All DC Box, Includes a Batman CGC 9.8 Book

mystery_box_3543_6880.jpg

My Offering, I am going to put up three mystery boxes, I will give a few hints at each one, but let me assure you, if you are to get any of the three are Worth $50 or more. I will cover shipping to either the US or Canada, outside of that you will need to cover shipping as these will be heavy.

Option one: Silver Age/Bronze Age Marvel's with a CGC 9.8 Copper Age

Creepy Guy Not Included

mystery-box.jpg

Option Two : Modern Lot, (May or may not include a few books from an upcoming Movie or TV show). TPB's included in here.

mystery_box1__36541_zoom.jpg

Option Three: All DC Box, Includes a Batman CGC 9.8 Book

mystery_box_3543_6880.jpg

option #1 :takeit:

I saw something kindof neat on this thread and I think I am going to do the same thing.

I am going to load up a beginning offer and from time to time (probably at least a couple times a day) I am going to add a comic(s) to the offer. You can wait and the offer gets bigger, :headbang:

however someone else may grab it from you because you waited too long! :pullhair:

Free media mail ship in US, $15 towards international shipping.

let's start off with some great artists:

alex ross - SUPERMAN PEACE ON EARTH - this is a larger tabloid size book

and

dave stevens - Jonny Quest 5 (Nearmint) who knew jezebel jade's secret id was betty?

photo SMPOE_zps3e0e423e.jpg

jq5_zps20568ebf.jpg

So far I've only been a lurker on this thread, but I'd like to say this: the thing that grates most about Boboset's comment is the fact that he couldn't wait more than 11 minutes to disparage Crimebuster's offer. For all he knows, someone could have been very keen, taken the Captain Britain book and been very happy. Obviously that wan't going to happen once the argument started.

Ok here are my two thoughts on the general matter (not the specific one cause Bobo already apologized for his comment and we're already multiple offers down the road)...

General thought #1)

When I'm playing PIF, I like to have a few different PIF offers queued up and ready to go. I have a big offer, a medium offer, and a small offer. If I see someone PIF something I like, then I offer the appropriate PIF up to the thread. PIFing is forward moving, not backward looking, so I try to offer up something that would equal the awesomeness that I am receiving, so those who missed out on the PIF I grabbed have something equally awesome to grab.

General thought #2)

What makes for a good, "awesome" offer?

my rule of thumb is comics fall into two categories.

• those that are to be read (and by read I mean full arcs, trade-worthy runs, themed groupings, or tpbs themselves)

• and those that are collectibles (high grade, slabbed and unslabbed, ss, and raw signatures, or hottness)

I like to make sure my offer falls into one of those two categories. Cause that's what we're all here for right? To read, and/or collect these comics. If my offer doesn't seem to fit one of these two categories (reading or collecting), I rethink how Im offering it and maybe build up a themed bundle, or see what else would be good PIF material.

and nice offer from boatfund! That Superman: Peace on Earth is a must have for any Alex Ross fan!

@CAHokie: If they are in NM or so and you ever decide to get rid of them for cheap, send me a PM as I’d be interested in the 1602 mini-series (and possibly New World).

I just picked a NM set from a boardie which was awesome but got all damaged (corned bumped) on its way to Italy… :(

Sorry for the public post, but I just wished to stress offers like these are cool (thumbs u :D

I agree 100% with miraclemet. I try to think that way as well and if I ever post a crappy PIF I encourage someone letting me know. Dang u Valiant, u could have claimed them and saved me my Black Kitties ;). pm me how much u think shipping would be and for u I will accept whatever u want to offer for set. Interested in trade as well :)

I agree 100% with miraclemet. I try to think that way as well and if I ever post a crappy PIF I encourage someone letting me know. Dang u Valiant, u could have claimed them and saved me my Black Kitties ;). pm me how much u think shipping would be and for u I will accept whatever u want to offer for set. Interested in trade as well :)

But why? This just makes things worse. If an offer is crappy, than nobody will take it, and the PIFer should interpret the silence as meaning that they should make another offer after a certain period of time.

Letting people know their offers suck is a sure-fire way of making the present situation, where some people are worried about participating, worse.