• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Pick 1 lot and i will pay shipping in the US. International at cost. OR take ALL 4 lots if you cover the full shipping costs. I'm in the US :foryou:

1. Comic related Magazine lot

1_zpsd9c67772.jpg

2. Mystery 30 odd books. Mostly Independent with a sprinkling of Marvel/DC. NOT for the high grade collectors though nothing is below Fine.

2_zpsa8b1632b.jpg

3. Magazine lot

4_zps34c5a020.jpg

4. Some Trades

3_zps3b2d50ea.jpg/

hm

Here are 5 more of the books included in the mystery package. Don't make me reveal them all!

5_zps445806f0.jpg

Also pick 2 options now and get free shipping in the US. Pick all 4 and we'll split shipping. How's that?

Ok take everything and i'll pay the full shipping in the US and give $20 credit for international. That's 30 odd books, some magazines and trades which will be a heavy box. Not really sure what more i can do (shrug)

Ok in addition to everything above and free shipping i'm also including this Star Trek book and Record set and this Wolverine TPB.

6_zpsee58b1a2.jpg

Someone also suggested i offer to donate to a school or hospital and i can do that if someone would like that option. I won't be able to make a totally new offer as my collection is in the UK and i am currently in the US so my choices for offers are limited. I thought i had enough here to play with :facepalm:

:takeit:

PM incoming. I'll have some stuff up tonight!

Shipping included in the USA. Outside US, I will cover equivalent cost to ship in the US.

New Stuff! Pick any three:

Suicide Risk 1-7 (missing #2) CLAIMED!

Includes second print and variant of #1. Written by Mike Carey. Art by Elena Casagrande. Superpowered people are inexplicably rising from the streets and there's a big problem: Too many supervillains, not enough superheroes. Heroes are dying, and cops are dying twofold. Humanity is underpowered and good people are suffering untold tragedies trying to stem the flow. Beat cop Leo Winters is one of those struggling to make a difference. And the answer just might come in the form of two lowlifes with a dark secret!

th_2014-03-11230037_zps675c912d.jpg

Ten Grand 1-4

Includes #1 variant. Written by J. Michael Straczynski. Art and cover by Ben Templesmith. TEN GRAND charts former mob enforcer Joe Fitzgerald's journey into the world of demonology and the ancient powers that threaten to tear down the pillars of Heaven itself in a new war between the forces of light and dark. Can the man willing to die a thousand deaths so he can be with his love for just a few minutes in-between save the lives of an entire world? Or will this be the end of...well, everything?

th_2014-03-11230007_zps547cacfb.jpg

Uber 6-9

A basic what-if story: what if the Germans had superheroes at the end of WW2? Written by Kieron Gillen. I gave away the previous story arc in a previous PIF.

th_2014-03-11225939_zps192b3b55.jpg

Legend of Luther Strode 1-6

Written by Justin Jordan. Art and Cover by Tradd Moore. Luther Strode lives. Five years after losing everything, Luther has become more than a nightmare for the evil men in his city... he has become a legend. But somebody is hunting the bogeyman, and he has dangerous allies that Luther will never expect. Luther Strode lives; but for how long? The sequel to 2011's breakout hit is here!

th_2014-03-11230206_zps5b9d52ef.jpg

Term Life OGN CLAIMED!

Optioned for a movie. If Nick Barrow can stay alive for 21 days he'll die happy. Everyone Nick knows wants him dead; Mob bosses, contract killers, and dirty cops. Performing the last act of a desperate man, Nick takes out a million dollar insurance policy on himself, payable to his estranged daughter. The problem? The policy doesn't take effect for 21 days. Nick knows they'll be lucky to be alive for twenty-one hours.

th_2014-03-11225901_zpse16b7688.jpg

Sex Criminals 1-4

(W) Matt Fraction (A/CA) Chip Zdarsky A SEX COMEDY FOR COMICS Suzie's a normal girl with an extraordinary ability: when she has sex, she stops time. One night she meets John... who has the same gift. And so they do what any other sex-having, time-stopping, couple would do: they rob banks. In the vein of THE 40-YEAR OLD VIRGIN and BRIDESMAIDS, Image Comics invites you to come along with MATT FRACTION (Hawkeye, SATELLITE SAM) and CHIP ZDARSKY (Prison Funnies, Monster Cops) for the series that puts the 'comic' back in 'comics' and the 'sexy' back in 'sex crimes.'

th_2014-03-11230058_zpsb009ad79.jpg

Uncanny 1-6(6 not pictured but is included)

Written by Andy Diggle. Art by Aaron Campbell. Cover by Sean Phillips. Weaver has six billion skill sets... but only one last chance! Born with an uncanny ability, he can steal other people's memories, abilities, and expertise for a limited time. A man with a power like that could change the world, but as a professional gambler, con-man, and thief for-hire, Weaver prefers to look out for Number One. That is, until he finds himself drawn into a dangerous game of international intrigue where the rules keep changing, the players are hidden, and the first thing he stands to lose is his life. And maybe, just maybe, he isn't so unique after all.

th_2014-03-11230126_zps108c9ebe.jpg

I is for Image

th_2014-03-11230218_zps44eb88f3.jpg

Mind MGMT HC Vol 1 CLAIMED!

Story and Art by Matt Kindt. Reporting on a commercial flight where everyone aboard lost their memories, a young journalist stumbles onto a much bigger story, the top-secret Mind Management program. Her ensuing journey involves weaponized psychics, hypnotic advertising, talking dolphins, and seemingly immortal pursuers, as she attempts to find the flight's missing passenger, the man who was MIND MGMT's greatest success-and its most devastating failure. But in a world where people can rewrite reality itself, can she trust anything she sees?

1336505.jpg

Suicide Risk 1-7 (missing #2)

Term Life OGN

Mind MGMT HC Vol 1

If I'm allowed to participate, I'd like to take these please! I'm in the UK so I'm happy to pay shipping. :)

Thanks,

James

^^

Thanks! PM me with your address, and I'll send it out when someone claims your PIF

:banana:

Suicide Risk 1-7 (missing #2)

Term Life OGN

Mind MGMT HC Vol 1

If I'm allowed to participate, I'd like to take these please! I'm in the UK so I'm happy to pay shipping. :)

Thanks,

James

^^

Thanks! PM me with your address, and I'll send it out when someone claims your PIF

:banana:

Sounds like a ^^! I'll have an offer up in about 5hrs or so...as I'm currently at *SHUDDER* work!

James

No need for that, as personal donations really have no place in PIF - just offer what you can comic-wise and see what happens.

:facepalm:

Palm your face all you want, but there are a lot of people on here who give to charities, hospitals, schools, churches, etc, and don't post their donation in PIF. I think it's great people are doing this, and I try to help out when I can, but it still has absolutely no place in PIF.

Maybe we need to start a "Give to Charity" thread? I'm all for it, and would post my contributions there if you want.

No need for that, as personal donations really have no place in PIF - just offer what you can comic-wise and see what happens.

Palm your face all you want, but there are a lot of people on here who give to charities, hospitals, schools, churches, etc, and don't post their donation in PIF. I think it's great people are doing this, and I try to help out when I can, but it still has absolutely no place in PIF.

Maybe we need to start a "Give to Charity" thread? I'm all for it, and would post my contributions there if you want.

I'm only posting this here so that those PMing me know I'm not going to remove the donation aspect from my offers. The donating has been welcomed by both the hospital and the PIF community. It's a very positive thing and the PIF community is responsible for that.

We can discuss this further in PM if you'd like as to not flood the thread.

Here's my offer:

Take any 5! I pay shipping anywhere in the world. :)

1) Archie Comics #72 in GD-

scan0001_zps4e47346c.jpg

scan0002_zpsdd28f88e.jpg

2) Blackstone Master Magician Comics Vol.1 #1

scan0003_zpsda943d04.jpg

scan0004_zpsafa55c64.jpg

3) Blackstone The Magician Comics #2 in FRGD. Blonde Phantom story in this one!

scan0005_zps979a5d75.jpg

scan0006_zpsa89c5ce4.jpg

4) Calling All Girls lot avg grade GDVG. Contains March 1943 (Nail varnish on cover and inside cover), Aug 43, Jan 44, July-Aug 44.

scan0007_zpse8a374be.jpg

5) Joker Comics #42 (Canadian edition) GD.

scan0010_zpsbe0d0429.jpg

scan0011_zpsefb92211.jpg

6) Mitzi's Boy Friend #3 de-slabbed CGC 6.5, Davis Crippen "D" copy. Still has label and top sticker.

scan0008_zpsececd9a5.jpg

scan0009_zps346b2430.jpg

7) Doug And The Slugs, "Slugcology 101" Greatest Hits. SEVERELY under-rated classic Canadian band! Sealed and ready to go! :P No scan, but I'll put one up if ya want.

:)

Thanks!

James

@Toz: I’m sorry… :(

For a start, here’s my first offers.

Pick any single offer and I will cover the shipping everywhere.

If you wish to pick two, I’ll cover the first $20 shipping.

Option A

Donald Duck: 50 Years of happy frustration

Hardcover book published in 1984 to celebrate Donald’s 50th birthday.

0zoVaMIh.jpg

Option B

Mickey Mouse: His life and times

Similar hardbound book to the one above, only centered around Mickey.

WkdG96Ch.jpg

Option C

Rubber Blanket #1 - VFNM (or better)

First installment of David Mazzucchelli oversized graphic novel series. This appears to be a bit scarce.

VPNg3Yyh.jpg

Option D - Guy Davis lot

The Nevermen (2000) #1-4 by Phil Amara and Guy Davis

Average grade between VF/NM and NM

The Nevermen - Streets of Blood (2003) #1-3 by Phil Amara and Guy Davis

Average grade between VF/NM and NM+

The Marquis - Danse Macabre (2000) #1, 2 - VF-/VF

Guy Davies story and art.

oIQUhFsl.jpg kIOI2T3l.jpg vc4H27Yl.jpg

Option E - Two Topolino issues

Two issues of the leading italian Disney magazine "Topolino":

#65 (from 1953): Would be a $120 (or so) book, but this is incomplete (missing 4-5 pages) – anyway a nice opportunity to see how the Topolino "libretto" was in its beginnings. :)

#1866 (from 1991): Still shrinkwrapped as it came out. Features the parody of Federico Fellini’s "La Strada" with Disney characters by Giorgio Cavazzano.

MftNKgYl.jpg jFfRgrMl.jpg

Option F - Steve Ditko Lot

Includes three issues of Static (Renegade Press), Destructor #1 (Atlas) and two Charlton horror books featuring Ditko stories.

tMMPGJwl.jpg v4f7jX0l.jpg hc2YC5Ml.jpg WdYOfuJl.jpg

B0DVEaEl.jpg at8LcOzl.jpg

Adding another option for a bit of variety… :)

Option G

Spirou #1072 (October 30, 1958) - Second appearance and first cover appearance of the Smurfs (Les Schtroumpfs).

In nice shape, it just has a bit of rust on the staples (and some minor rust staining on the BC, seems common with these).

ANIrG31h.jpg

P.S. If anyone is interested in Option E I can add a pair of other incomplete Topolino books from the 1950s: unfortunately I have a few and they would be nice collectibles if not for a pair of missing pages… :(

Pretty unique anyway, even here it’s not stuff which you still see around (except at conventions).