• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

ajulliay always brings a smile to this thread. :foryou:

Here’s another Scarpa creation among the Disney characters for you – this time from the 1966s and in full beat swing: Paperetta Ye Ye (which is nonetheless a nephew of Glittering Goldie!).

kbhy6g6h.jpg1NWN2drh.jpg

Woah! Mickey's about to bust a cap!

It surely is! :D – in Italy we never digested the censorship suggested by the 1990s management. I had a discussion in an interview with Scarpa (God bless him) where we talked precisely about that, and he admitted that when he could, he would always put a gun in Mickey’s hands, not to show violence (he loathed it, especially in entertainment), but because it belonged to the character, and his detective profession.

And the gun here is because Mickey is keeping an eye on Trudy, which is Peg Leg Pete’s fiancee (another GREAT Scarpa creation).

First meeting between Paperetta and Scrooge: she salutes him as "St. Patrick’s well" which in italian is a term that defines an unmeasurable depth of wealth… lol

(This panel has been re-lettered and re-colored but it’s the original one).

kitty_floortje.jpg

I'm going to try to post options from different levels of awesomeness, so that people with different levels of things to offer have the chance to participate.

I'll pay for shipping in the US and meet you in the middle on international shipping

Pick one:

Option 1:

9.8 Sheltered #1 CGC Slab

Sheltered001.jpg

Option 2

Complete Collection of Superior Spider-man 1-31, 6AU, A few of the Superior Spider-man Team-up and a few other items relating to Superior Spider-man

Sorry, no picture, i am at work

superior_spider_man_by_michaelmist2008-d5utfou.jpg

Option 3

Afterlife with Archie Lot

photo3.jpg

Option 4

Xmen the Hidden Years (complete run)

photo2.jpg

Option 5

X-Force run, I'm at work and don't remember how many and what issues.

photo1.jpg

Since I know you guys love momentum, I'm gonna sacrifice making sure my pictures are facing the right way (dang camera phone!)

Pick two of the following lots:

1. Thor The Mighty Avenger Vol 1 & 2 (pocketsized TPBs)

EOtlpSD.jpg

2. Travel OGNs (Guy Delise is particulary great. Visits to France, China and Burma

Roen6WB.jpg

3. Showcase presents Secret of Sinister House

hMQ4yp9.jpg

4. Scott Moore's Strange Science Fantasy TPB

5p4olKJ.jpg

5. Agents of Atlas HC (Great HC collects Agents of Atlas 6-issue limited series plus first appearances of major characters: Marvel Boy #1, Marvel Mystery Comics #82 (May 1947), Men's Adventures #26 (March 1954), Menace #11 (May 1954), Venus #1 (Aug. 1948), What If?#9 (June 1978), and Yellow Claw #1, October 1956, 256 pages, Marvel Comics, premiere hardcover)

Hm7IzXQ.jpg

6. Ultimate Marvel Team Up Oversized HC

aikKH8D.jpg

7. The Marvel Vault

45f79F2.jpg

8. The DC Vault

kdcKodU.jpg

9. Thrilling Adventure Hr HC

VGjU6FC.jpg

or pick 1 of the following lots

1. Popgun Anthology Vol 1-4

AEi8tN6.jpg

2. Elephantmen TPB Vol 1-3 (these are giant 300+pg TPBs)

KwQ47WK.jpg

3. Alien Legion Omnibus Vol 1-2 (from Darkhorse)

KErWwpX.jpg

quick question, whats in the vaults?

quick question, whats in the vaults?

amazon description of DC Vault:

n 1935, popular culture was forever transformed when DC Comics published the first book of “all new, all original” comic material. To the delight of millions of readers everywhere, the modern comic book was born, and from its pages came leaping an exhilarating cast of characters.

Now The DC Vault unlocks DC Comics’ most fascinating secrets and deeply buried treasures, presenting a colorful array of historic and never-before-published memorabilia, including early sketches, covers, memos, press materials, and much more. From a working reproduction of a 1942 Junior Justice Society of America decoder, to a series of Public Service Announcements starring Superman and Batman, to the original pencils and inks for Wonder Woman #63, this dazzling chronicle contains more than 25 plastic-encased archival pieces for readers to pull out and examine—all while learning about the artists, writers, and world-famous super heroes that make up the DC Universe. Whether you’ve been collecting Superman comics since the ’40s or have just discovered the amazing Sandman saga, you’ll revel in this vibrant treasury!

amazon description of Marvel vault

kxHV1ml.jpg

The Marvel Vault brings the Universe to you, sharing the insider’s story of Marvel Comics from 1939 to the present. Chock-full of historic and never-before-seen memorabilia (think: early sketches of Sub-Mariner and the Human Torch, Bullpen birthday cards, and a membership certificate for the Merry Marvel Marching Society), this vibrant chronicle contains over 30 plastic-encased archival gems that you can hold in your hand while reading about the artists, writers, and heroes who make up the Marvel Universe.Organized by decade, The Marvel Vault leads readers through every era by letting them hold such rare items as holiday cards, the welcome kit from the original Merry Marvel Marching Society, the program for the first comics convention, and even the first sketches for characters who went on to become beloved Marvel icons.Whether you’ve been collecting Sub-Mariner dime-books since the 1940s, or have just started to crack the pages of current Spidey sagas, you’ll want to gear up for Marvel-ous adventures with this dynamic collection!

I'll look for more pictures to help show it.

Besides the vaults (which are very nice) the Agents of Atlas and the Travel OGNs are great offers (we are very familar with this material from the french collective L’Association in Italy – most of which is awesome stuff). Way to go, Met, I’d love to be able to offer weighty items… (thumbs u

Ok so I definitely want it but can't post offerings until I get home and scan some things. Should I wait (I'm sure it will be gone) to keep the thread moving, or should I take it and post when I get home (in about 4 hours)?

Ok so I definitely want it but can't post offerings until I get home and scan some things. Should I wait (I'm sure it will be gone) to keep the thread moving, or should I take it and post when I get home (in about 4 hours)?
You have 24 hours to post an offer after taking one. Go for it!