• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

GAH!!! Pick 5 and it's still hasn't moved?!

This is painful to watch.

-T

Just pointing out, my last pif was about 50 books to topcat. I gave another 40 or so books at the same time to meeklo just because he said he liked one of the options I had listed. No offense to the current offerer but step it up, in my opinion.

I actually just documented all of the people who claimed an item and how long it took for their item to be claimed just going back to October 1st. It is a bit interesting. I should have documented what was claimed and then offered though, because you will see how quickly it goes from a Harley Quinn statue, signed prints and slabs, entire runs of popular series and then back to choose a few comics. It quickly cycles downward, but is very difficult to cycle back up.

Could this be the Friday thread? :insane:

I actually just documented all of the people who claimed an item and how long it took for their item to be claimed just going back to October 1st. It is a bit interesting. I should have documented what was claimed and then offered though, because you will see how quickly it goes from a Harley Quinn statue, signed prints and slabs, entire runs of popular series and then back to choose a few comics. It quickly cycles downward, but is very difficult to cycle back up.

Could this be the Friday thread? :insane:

Well, it is friday. From watching this thread from afar I've often wondered who the players here are, what the motive of the pif really is, and what they expect from the other participents. I personally have it boiled down to two entirely different types of comic collector, and the occasional intrusion by a morally corrupt character.

I don't even have to ask how you feel about it Shadow. I have a pretty good idea. You have always been very generous in your offers and give more than you receive.

I know we have seen a lot of drek lately…even from myself.

It's been a toss up, some people my like/need/want some of that drek but those people seem few and far between. While on the opposite end, people are afraid to offer anything that could be considered a key because no one wants to claim it if they can't match it's value.

Some offers have been pretty decent…that 1963 series I claimed sounds/looks pretty interesting.

:bump:

Can only ship within US for free.

I'll try to work out a deal with elsewhere. Probably I'll pay $10 and you pay the rest through Paypal?

Option one: Please choose up to FIVE of these random comics! :grin:

Book 1:

[font:Impact]Wolverine #16[/font] 1989 NM+

wolv16.jpg wolv16back.jpg

Book 2:

[font:Impact]Amazing Spider-man #130[/font] 1974 G/VG

*First Spidermobile. Hammerhead appearance. Early Jackal appearance!*

(Intact, just aged and wrinkled.)

SAM_0824.jpg SAM_0825.jpg

Book 3:

[font:Impact]Marvel Spotlight Vol2 #7[/font] 1980 F or F+

*Early Starlord!*

(Stress lines.)

SAM_0862.jpg SAM_0863.jpg

Book 4:

[font:Impact]Batman #343[/font] 1982 VF+

*First appearance of The Dagger!*

SAM_0839.jpg SAM_0840.jpg

Book 5:

[font:Impact]Daredevil #270[/font] 1989 VF-

*First appearance of Blackheart!*

(Spine stress line.)

SAM_0841.jpg SAM_0842.jpg

Book 6:

[font:Impact]Conan #40[/font] 1974 VF

SAM_0848.jpg SAM_0849.jpg

Book 7:

[font:Impact]Conan #72[/font] 1976 VF

SAM_0850.jpg SAM_0851.jpg

Book 8:

[font:Impact]Captain Marvel #10[/font] 1969 VG/F or F-

(Has "faded" dusty-looking cover but is solid, without creases and has good staples.)

SAM_0879.jpg SAM_0880.jpg

Book 9:

[font:Impact]Captain Marvel #4[/font] 1968 G

*Sub-Mariner appearance.*

(Book is very worn but complete, and a great read!)

SAM_1501.jpg SAM_1502.jpg

(Option added) Book 10:

[font:Impact]Action Comics #363[/font] 1969 VG

*Virus X saga begins. Lex Luthor appearance. Supergirl back up story!*

(Some wear and small split on spine. Some age/wear to covers. Chunk out of corner of an interior page (doesn't affect story). Slight creases through some pages. Centerfold and next two pages detached from top staple. Nice colors! Staples are nice.)

SAM_0877.jpg SAM_0878.jpg

(More books added)

Book 11:

[font:Impact]Superman: Man of Steel #18[/font] 1992 first print F+

*First full appearance of Doomsday!*

(Bend through bottom right corner of cover and pages. TINY tear at bottom middle of cover and splash page. Top right corner has small bend. Small dent in Doomsday's head.)

SAM_0882.jpg SAM_0883.jpg

Book 12:

[font:Impact]Fantastic Four #165[/font] 1975 VG+

*Crusader appearance.*

SAM_0826.jpg SAM_0828.jpg

Book 13:

[font:Impact]Doctor Strange #15[/font] 1976 F-

(Some stress and creases, has small rip by "arts".)

SAM_1505.jpg SAM_1506.jpg

Book 14:

[font:Impact]Doctor Strange #22[/font] 1977 F

(Some stress and creases.)

SAM_1507.jpg SAM_1508.jpg

Book 15:

[font:Impact]Captain Marvel #32[/font] 1974 G+ or G/VG

*Origin of Drax!*

(Worn and creased.)

SAM_1503.jpg SAM_1504.jpg

Book 16:

[font:Impact]Daredevil #124[/font] 1975 VG

*First appearance of Copperhead!*

(Spine roll and wear.)

SAM_1354.jpg SAM_1355.jpg

Book 17:

[font:Impact]Daredevil #126[/font] 1975 VG+

*First appearance of Torpedo 2!*

(Wrinkled.)

SAM_1351.jpg SAM_1353.jpg

(More additions)

Book 18:

[font:Impact]X-Men #150[/font] 1981 VF

*Magneto appearance!*

SAM_1411.jpg SAM_1412.jpg

Book 19:

[font:Impact]The Defenders #11[/font] 1973 F/VF

*Silver Surfer appearance.*

(brown color at top edge of pages, possibly factory ink.)

SAM_1356.jpg SAM_1357.jpg

Twentieth book added:

[font:Impact]Tales of Suspense #95[/font] 1967 G+ or G/VG

Grey Gargoyle appearance. Captain America reveals identity.*

(Light green factory ink at top edge of pages. Faint "200" written on splash page. Creases and small tears/chips in covers. The white horizontal line at the right edge of the front cover, beside Iron Man's shin, is not a tear, same goes for most of the bottom edge creases (as can be seen on the inside of the front cover, in the second image). Some wear on spine. Inside pages are very nice and readable. Book is intact, with no loose pages/covers. Staples are attached, a darker gray, but not rusted.)

SAM_1566.jpg SAM_1569.jpg

---------------------

OR CHOOSE OPTION 2:

[font:Impact]FANTASTIC FOUR mixed lot. #9, 10, 13, 15 and 16 (finale)[/font] NM 2013-14

(Marvel Now moderns)

SAM_1095.jpg

:bump: Happy Rivalry Weekend! Let's see if the PIF can get moving again. :popcorn:

GAH!!! Pick 5 and it's still hasn't moved?!

This is painful to watch.

-T

Just pointing out, my last pif was about 50 books to topcat. I gave another 40 or so books at the same time to meeklo just because he said he liked one of the options I had listed. No offense to the current offerer but step it up, in my opinion.

The offer I took is only one book though, which is all I wanted because I can't offer 50 comics. I'm sorry I messed this up. My 96 hours is up anyway I think.

Option 1: Any two sets from my sales thread here.

Except the Harley or Infinity set

Option 2: Either the Harley or Infinity set from my sales thread!

Option 3: Sub-Mariner #34 (a pre-Defenders gathering of most of the roster) plus any of the sets from Option 1

bnolo3Gl.jpg

Option 4: Mystery Box - Will probably contain some from my sales thread plus some others that I have not mentioned. It will be about 50 books in a Medium Flat Rate Priority Box.

:bump: Current Offer from Meeklo

Okay, I am incredibly swamped with work to do so I'm throwing some things up for right now. I won't be able to change anything up until Monday afternoon. My apologies if this seems weak or laughable.

Please keep in mind that it will not revert past me…someone will have to claim something to keep this moving.

Pick one option...

Option 1: Fantastic Four…a lot of these in VF condition…some in VG-F

Fantastic Four #187

Fantastic Four #205

Fantastic Four #226

Fantastic Four #259

Fantastic Four #260

Fantastic Four #273

Fantastic Four #276

Fantastic Four #279

Fantastic Four #283

Fantastic Four #284

Fantastic Four #285

Fantastic Four #288

Fantastic Four #291

Fantastic Four #292

Fantastic Four #293

Fantastic Four #299

Fantastic Four #300

Fantastic Four #301

Fantastic Four #302

Fantastic Four Annual #19

xN01gOJl.jpg

L7ydnmUl.jpg

Option 2 - Infinity Gauntlet/War/Warlock set

Infinity Gauntlet #1 - Some creases on the back cover, two are small color breaking, one CBC on from cover/spine. There is also some stress issues at the top front cover right above the "N" and "F"

Infinity War #1 - Small spine crease on the front

Warlock and the Infinity Watch #1 - NM

b5hLgdXl.jpg

KfMZOchl.jpg

IGWufuNl.jpg

Option 3 - Harley set

Harley Quinn set…all NM…easy 9.6+

Harley Quinn Annual #1 (Bombshell variant, bagged)

Harley Quinn Annual #1 (Marijuana cover)

Harley Quinn: Futures End #1

Suicide Squad: Futures End #1

I9BViY2l.jpg

Vieoj2fl.jpg

uh74fgzl.jpg

N7iupI6l.jpg

Option 4 - Sub-Mariner #34 (a pre-Defenders gathering)

bnolo3Gl.jpg

Option 5 - Mystery Box - may contain some of the issues listed above plus others not…probably about 50 comics in a Medium Flat Rate box.

-x22-candy-roulette-x22-mystery-box-18.99-for-over-25-worth-of-candy-272911-.-dated-01-12-14-21967-p.jpg

Please keep in mind that it will not revert past me…someone will have to claim something to keep this moving.

That sounds a bit like an ultimatum. I hope this isn't a veiled take it or leave it threat to claim something, or you'll let the thread die. Maybe I'm miss reading the intent of the statement.

:o

Meeklo, that's not how you meant it is it???? I have to admit, I read it the same way at first but thought it was just me and chalked it up to emotion being hard to read in the written word.

That sounds a bit like an ultimatum. I hope this isn't a veiled take it or leave it threat to claim something, or you'll let the thread die. Maybe I'm miss reading the intent of the statement.

It's fact.

Are you suggesting the offers are mess, or that he isn't trying?

It's fact.

Are you suggesting the offers are mess, or that he isn't trying?

I'm not sure I understand your question entirely. That said, I'm not suggesting anything other than it sounds like he's saying it's up to the group to take something or he's going to let the thread die.

I figured some one would ask about that…no I am not holding the thread hostage or giving an ultimatum or trying to force someone to pick up junk.

I will admit, that Option 1 is some FF drek…but maybe someone would like it for their collection. I've bought X-Men, Spider-Man, and Silver Surfer drek before…

The other options are pretty decent, given how popular the Infinity Stones, Harley Quinn, and the Defenders are.

So yes…I'm sorry that statement sounds a bit off…not my intention at all. I will not let this thread die! I guess it was not needed since others have not posted a reminder like that but I was in a hurry to post that.

:foryou: