• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiant Omnibus

414 posts in this topic

There's been talk of a consolidated Valiant thread so I thought I would take the initiative to start one. I also was wondering what older Valiant books everyone believe will get heat from the relaunch? I tend to think that Solar 4 (1st Toyo Harada), Solar 10 (1st Eternal Warrior), Bloodshot 6 autographed (1st Ninjak), the gold books (i.e., Bloodshot 0, Eternal Warrior 1, Archer and Armstrong 0) and I'm sure there are lots more but I don't remember them off the top of my head. I've been really excited about the relaunch b/c I loved Harbinger, Bloodshot, Archer and Armstrong and remain hopeful that Shadowman will come back and get his own book as well. It is great to see Valiant characters being drawn by such talented artists. I could ramble on for pages, but I'm much more interested in reading others thoughts, opinions and observations and look forward to hearing from all of the Valiant Fanatics on the Board.

Sorry ... that's almost cruel ... I should probably change the title of the thread so as not to torture board members with the idea that Valiant was doing something that awesome. Who knows though, if these books keep selling at these huge numbers, Valiant very well may release a series of omnibuses collecting the original material of the relaunched titles. That's actually a pretty damn good idea!

I think you meant Solar #3 (1st Toyo Harada).

Based on the relaunch up to this point the key books are:

Rai #0 and Eternal Warrior #4 (1st Bloodshot)

Harbinger #1 (1st Harbinger)

Solar #3 (1st Toyo Harada)

Archer & Armstrong #0 (1st Archer & Armstrong)

X-O Manowar #1 (1st X-O Manowar)

Bloodshot #6 (1st Ninjak)

Plus the usual "key" books.

We've seen a photo from of the Eternal Warrior's arm in a relaunch advertisement and they've continued to hint about both characters for some time now. My understanding is that they will be introduced in Archer and Armstrong (or EW will be and Shadowman will be elsewhere) and depending on the sucess of the relaunch, money, creator availability, interest, etc., the line will be expanded when and if appropriate. Do you have other informaiton?

I think you meant Solar #3 (1st Toyo Harada).

Based on the relaunch up to this point the key books are:

Rai #0 and Eternal Warrior #4 (1st Bloodshot)

Harbinger #1 (1st Harbinger)

Solar #3 (1st Toyo Harada)

Archer & Armstrong #0 (1st Archer & Armstrong)

X-O Manowar #1 (1st X-O Manowar)

Bloodshot #6 (1st Ninjak)

Plus the usual "key" books.

Good beginning list. And if Shadowman hits soon:

- X-O Manowar #4: 1st Jack Boniface cameo

- Shadowman #1: 1st full Shadowman appearance

Bloodshot gets a little tricky:

- Eternal Warrior #4: 1st cameo - three panels if you count his hands reaching for the door to pull Gilad into the room

- Rai #0: 1st full appearance

- Eternal Warrior #5: 2nd full appearance; completes story from EW #4

How does Rai 0 work as 1st app of Bloodshot ? Since book is set in future is it a flashback story?

It tells some of how Angelo Mortalli became Bloodshot, but not enough to tell the full origin which is revealed later in the 'Family Blood' storyline in Bloodshot #0.

Someone did a really good job of summarizing Rai #0 on wiki, making it worth reading. Rai #0 was laying the groundwork for changes to the Rai title, and how the Blood of Heroes impacts future events leading to the new Rai.

Rai Zero (#0)

Nice to see all the geeky Valiant talk going on these days. I remember in just recent years trying to buy all the Valiant books I could get my hands on, but always falling short due to not settling for discount bin trash; dealers/store owners asking me why the hell I was asking where the good condition Valiant books were like I was crazy. Even now I only have like one short box of Valiant comics. Now the bubble has burst and finding the keys for cheap might be a thing of the past :preach:

You guys have a good list going.

The only other one I would add right away would be:

Magnus #7 - first X-O armor (and an early Rai flipbook)

(Not expensive raw, but tough to find in CGC 9.8.)

I wouldn't mind having pre-Unity Omnibus Edition hardcovers.

Not a bad idea at all.

How does Rai 0 work as 1st app of Bloodshot ? Since book is set in future is it a flashback story?

Rai 0 is a past, present, and future story.

The pages with Bloodshot are enough to be the first full appearance.

The Eternal Warrior 4 Bloodshot appearance is earlier, but very brief (like Hulk 180).

Valiant chose Rai #0 as the 'official' first appearance of Bloodshot in the Upper Deck / Pyramid trading card set.

f19be46a-1af6-4886-861c-4bfe7f74b5c5.jpg

http://images.comiccollectorlive.com/covers/f19/f19be46a-1af6-4886-861c-4bfe7f74b5c5.jpg

Rai 0 would probably still make the list even if Bloodshot wasn't in it.

It's got lots of goodies inside.

Harbinger #0 Pink also belongs on the list (already expensive).

Redeemed using coupons from Harbinger #1-#6 (caution buying those issues missing coupons)

Not-so-expensive, but possibly worthy of pulling from bargain bins:

Bloodshot 7 (1st Ninjak in costume, and on the cover)

Archer & Armstrong 8 (1st Ivar, the Timewalker) (same book as Eternal Warrior 8)

Character designs have been shown for Ivar, the Timewalker (he's Armstrong and the Eternal Warrior's brother)

Harbinger 10 (1st H.A.R.D.Corps)

Shadowman 8 (1st Master Darque)

Shadowman 16 (1st Dr. Mirage)

X-O Manowar 19 (1st Armorines)

No word about these yet, but they're probably inevitable.

Harbinger #0 Pink also belongs on the list (already expensive).

Redeemed using coupons from Harbinger #1-#6 (caution buying those issues missing coupons)

Not-so-expensive, but possibly worthy of pulling from bargain bins:

Bloodshot 7 (1st Ninjak in costume, and on the cover)

Archer & Armstrong 8 (1st Ivar, the Timewalker) (same book as Eternal Warrior 8)

Character designs have been shown for Ivar, the Timewalker (he's Armstrong and the Eternal Warrior's brother)

Harbinger 10 (1st H.A.R.D.Corps)

Shadowman 8 (1st Master Darque)

Shadowman 16 (1st Dr. Mirage)

No word about these yet, but they're probably inevitable.

the second life of dr. mirage was a very good book and an excellent idea. can't wait for shadowman. that was easily my favorite series. i still have and love all my old valiant books, and seeing these new books has me feeling like it's 1992 all over again....but in a better way.

I thought X-O #25 was their first appearance? Am I wrong?

actually, i think x-o #24 is, with x-o #25/armorines #0 coming out the next month.