• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiant Omnibus

414 posts in this topic

Harbinger #0 Pink also belongs on the list (already expensive).

Redeemed using coupons from Harbinger #1-#6 (caution buying those issues missing coupons)

Not-so-expensive, but possibly worthy of pulling from bargain bins:

Bloodshot 7 (1st Ninjak in costume, and on the cover)

Archer & Armstrong 8 (1st Ivar, the Timewalker) (same book as Eternal Warrior 8)

Character designs have been shown for Ivar, the Timewalker (he's Armstrong and the Eternal Warrior's brother)

Harbinger 10 (1st H.A.R.D.Corps)

Shadowman 8 (1st Master Darque)

Shadowman 16 (1st Dr. Mirage)

X-O Manowar 19 (1st Armorines)

No word about these yet, but they're probably inevitable.

:popcorn:

The best Valiant site out there has a list of all of the key 1st appearance books...doesn't include some of the second tier characters though.

http://www.valiantfan.com/valiant/firstapp.asp

I always liked Solar #14...1st appearance of Fred Bender (becomes Dr. Eclipse)

Armorines 1st app... http://www.valiantfan.com/valiant/charapp.asp?i=313&n=Armorines

I just reread the issue and it has Aric fighting some CIA guys, but no Armorines. They may become the Armorines though. I really can't remember. I haven't read these issues in 20 years.

Yes, those guys in X-O #19 become the Armorines.

In #23, there are only a couple of panels where the armor is being built.

In #24, the armor is shown completed.

In #25, the Armorines fight Aric, and Armorines #0 is a "pull-out comic insert".

It is strange to me to think of some of those overprinted, overabundant Valiant books like Bloodshot 6, Shadowman 8, etc, becoming keys. These have been sitting in dime bins for years.

New Mutants 98, Vengeance of Bane...

It is strange to me to think of some of those overprinted, overabundant Valiant books like Bloodshot 6, Shadowman 8, etc, becoming keys. These have been sitting in dime bins for years.

Isn't that how the comic market flows sometimes? Think of how many years Marvel Premiere 15 sat in "5 for a dollar" bins until years later it became the next big thing. Heck, I bought my five copies from Mile High comics when they were a dollar each. If Mile High is selling something for a dollar ...

Bloodshot 6, Shadowman 8, and others deserve to be key books because the characters were solid. Unfortunately with these two, only Master Darque had some great stories tied to the character where Ninjak lost its way for a little while. I hope the new material rectifies the mistakes of the past.

:wishluck:

To say that Ninjak "lost its way" for a bit is being generous. ;)

Don't get me wrong, if the books I've been buying for a quarter are suddenly worth good money, I won't be upset.

It seems like the big question up in the air is if these new Valiant books will have a considerable impact on Classic Valiant back issues.

The original poster was asking about books that might 'get heat from the Valiant relaunch'. Not necessarily "key" books, but books with potential.

From a percentage standpoint, having $0.10 to $1 books that become $3 to $5 books is a much better increase than we can hope for on the actual Valiant keys.

Don't get me wrong, if the books I've been buying for a quarter are suddenly worth good money, I won't be upset.

It seems like the big question up in the air is if these new Valiant books will have a considerable impact on Classic Valiant back issues.

already happening. x-o and harbinger back issues have picked up.

The original poster was asking about books that might 'get heat from the Valiant relaunch'. Not necessarily "key" books, but books with potential.

From a percentage standpoint, having $0.10 to $1 books that become $3 to $5 books is a much better increase than we can hope for on the actual Valiant keys.

Perhaps I can answer you, with yourself (dun dun DUN):

Since "key issue" usually means "more expensive", it's sometimes possible to figure out most of the keys just looking at prices.

http://www.valiantfan.com/valiant/mostwanted.asp

:P

already happening. x-o and harbinger back issues have picked up.

Picked up is putting it lightly. The early issues are disappearing rapidly that are in high-grade condition.

Perhaps I can answer you, with yourself (dun dun DUN):

Since "key issue" usually means "more expensive", it's sometimes possible to figure out most of the keys just looking at prices.

http://www.valiantfan.com/valiant/mostwanted.asp

:P

Perhaps you haven't noticed that there are TWO discussions about Valiant books going on...

The OTHER one about KEYS (which you copied and quoted here, for some reason):

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5776125

...where I was talking about keys in the topic about keys.

And this one about which books might "get heat from the Valiant relaunch"... where I'm talking about some bargain bin books that might "get heat". (That is... turn a dime into three dollars.)

I'm not sure why you thought I was saying bargain bin books would become keys... because I didn't.

My posts have been appropriate if you'll just take note of what topic you're reading (and stop cross-quoting). Doofus. :foryou:

I think the key Bloodshot books will be the Bloodshot 0 gold, 1 signed and 6 signed. The signed books were before Valiant started there own signature program but there are not many copies of those books.

I think the key Bloodshot books will be the Bloodshot 0 gold, 1 signed and 6 signed. The signed books were before Valiant started there own signature program but there are not many copies of those books.

Not sure what you're referencing.

Bloodshot 0 Gold... yes, ok.

Bloodshot 0 Signed (not 1) is from the official VVSS program.

Bloodshot 6 Signed is from before the official VVSS program (and it's probably easy to fake if it had significant value).

Bloodshot 1 Signed isn't anything special (or specific).

I do have a raw copy of every Eternal Warrior including dealer previews and incentives whatever. With that said, I have been picking up one each of every key book when the opportunity presents itself.

So far...

Solar Man of the Atom 10, 11 (1st Eternal Warrior)

Magnus Robot Fighter 1, 12 (1st Magnus, 1st Turok)

Shadowman 1, 8 (1st Shadowman, 1st Master Darque)

Turok 1 (It was cheap)

X-O Manowar 1 (1st X-O)

Eternal Warrior 1 (Gold), 5 (1st Issue of EW and 1st Full Bloodshot)

All issues are in 9.8 except Solar 10 (9.6) and EW1 Gold (9.4)

The toughest book has been trying to even find EW 4 in a 9.8.

I would guess that the "Bloodshotiest" book will be Rai #0. Bloodshot #0 has rarity working for it, but not importance. Rai #0 (kinda) has the opposite problem.

Not sure what you're referencing.

Bloodshot 0 Gold... yes, ok.

Bloodshot 0 Signed (not 1) is from the official VVSS program.

Bloodshot 6 Signed is from before the official VVSS program (and it's probably easy to fake if it had significant value).

Bloodshot 1 Signed isn't anything special (or specific).

I thought that the Bloodshot 1 and 6 signed were prior to and in part the inspiration for the VVSS progam? I can't remember wh otold me that, but it was one of you Valiant super geniuses. lol