• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Challenge: 'Bronze' Age Keys in 9.6+ for under $500!

51 posts in this topic

Much like my 'silver age challenge' I am looking for thoughts on comic books from the 'bronze age' in 9.6 or above that make good long term buys. They must retail for $500 or less; hence the challenge, and must be a 'universal' grade.

What are your thoughts? I thank you for your advice and am curious what most forum members choose.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Marvel Premier #15,Iron Fist #14,ASM #135,136,194,238

Defenders #1,10, Invaders #1,Batman #237,244

Thanks Oakman! It's funny how you went and posted in both threads with a list of books readily available. I appreciate the response.

'mint'

Marvel Premier #15,Iron Fist #14,ASM #135,136,194,238

Defenders #1,10, Invaders #1,Batman #237,244

Thanks Oakman! It's funny how you went and posted in both threads with a list of books readily available. I appreciate the response.

'mint'

Just thought about the books I bought that fit your criteria.I like the best bang for your buck thought process. :applause:

On a good day you might nab an Iron Fist 14 in CGC 9.6 for under $500.

Really? I nabbed mine at auction for $350. Please check GPA as prices are all over the place. Ironically, someone offered to sell me one for $475. This is not a 'want to buy' thread, but it was good to hear from a local collector.

Respectfully,

'mint'

X-Men #101

Daredevil #168

I'm not sure they'd be the best choices, but I think they're both solid choices.

...they sure never seem to lack bidders. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

X-Men #101

Daredevil #168

I'm not sure they'd be the best choices, but I think they're both solid choices.

...they sure never seem to lack bidders. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

These are interesting recommendations as they were not on my want list. I would have to do more research on them.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

DD is an undervalued book. You cannot go wrong with the first appearance of Elektra. There is a large supply, but this is also a high demand book. Since the Waid DD has become very popular, back issues have seen an uptake in collector interest in the last several months. At the last con I attended, I noticed quite a few Miller run DDs being sold...and bought.

158 is also a good choice.

Some of these are plentiful but have excellent potential for investment.

Daredevil 131 - 1st Bullseye

Jimmy Olsen (Superman's Pal) #134 - 1st Darkseid

X-Men #129 - 1st Kitty Pride/Emma Frost