• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin market has stickers now, does Comics have it too?

42 posts in this topic

So, what do the collectors do when repro CAC stickers start showing up?

You are supposed to look up the slab serial number at the cac website to verify they actually saw

and stickered it.

The real problem is that whole fake NGC/PCGS slabs are being made, with fake coins, and they

match up the serial numbers with the real ones.. adding a sticker is trivial. Experts can spot the

fakes easily but most cannot.

Just wait until that happens with CGC. Only a matter of time before you find 9.0 books in 9.4 fake

slabs... or what have you.

enjoy ;-)

So, what do the collectors do when repro CAC stickers start showing up?

You are supposed to look up the slab serial number at the cac website to verify they actually saw

and stickered it.

The real problem is that whole fake NGC/PCGS slabs are being made, with fake coins, and they

match up the serial numbers with the real ones.. adding a sticker is trivial. Experts can spot the

fakes easily but most cannot.

Just wait until that happens with CGC. Only a matter of time before you find 9.0 books in 9.4 fake

slabs... or what have you.

enjoy ;-)

Great answer. This is true. While it used to be easy to determine a fake NGC or PCGS 'slab'; now 'forgers' are using 'slabs' with the correct serial numbers.

You can however, verify if a 'CAC coin' has been marked as such. It is also hard (not impossible) to remove a CAC sticker. It does however, happen (unfortunate as it is).

If you buy from respected dealers, you should have no problem at all. I am very patient when it comes to coin collecting as I only find a few coins a year that I like. Therefore, for someone like me; CAC is an excellent resource.

Still, I would like to hear views from those of you that think this would work for CGC graded 'slabs.' I can see it right now; some 'scammer' reading this sitting in his basement working on a website; ready to anounce....CCV (Certified Comic Verifcation). For just $14.95 you can send any CGC graded comic book to us and we will determine if it gets 'stickered' or not.

"Friday special: We likle to leave the office early so all books arriving on that day will not be verified."

What I am asking is, who can we trust to handle a service like this; even if it was a good idea (which I don't consider it to be)?

Kind Regards,

'mint'