• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Texas Comic Con in San Antonio Jun 22-24

16 posts in this topic

It was a great show.

Thanks for the advice from all the comic vendors (Rick Wayt & Family, You are the best).

Pete

Right back at ya Pete! Enjoyed the conversation and being set up next door to your booth. A shame that small, but awesome collection didn't make it our way. If for no other reason than just to see it.

For those not there, the "collection" was one box. It included the following:

Amazing Fantasy 15 (2 copies)

Avengers 1

Avengers 4

FF 1

Hulk 1 (2 copies)

Iron Man 1 (3 copies, I think)

X-Men 1 (4 copies)

This was an excellent show and anyone in the SA area should check it out next year.

Wow, sounds like an awesome collection. Shocking to see that level of key book roll into that show. I went for a few hours on sat and picked up some silver and bronze from an original owner collection that was at the show.

Was cool to see Terry's there. I didn't get to walk the whole floor bec I blew my budget fairly quickly, so that makes it a successful show.

I think they underestimated the turnout based on the venue. It was pretty sketchy and the parking was a total scam.

Wow, sounds like an awesome collection. Shocking to see that level of key book roll into that show. I went for a few hours on sat and picked up some silver and bronze from an original owner collection that was at the show.

Was cool to see Terry's there. I didn't get to walk the whole floor bec I blew my budget fairly quickly, so that makes it a successful show.

I think they underestimated the turnout based on the venue. It was pretty sketchy and the parking was a total scam.

Yep, a better venue would be a big plus. Unfortunately, I don't know where in SA it could be held. I don't think the downtown convention center is a viable option, yet.

Yep, a better venue would be a big plus. Unfortunately, I don't know where in SA it could be held. I don't think the downtown convention center is a viable option, yet.

Live Oak Civic Center? Haven't been, but they have Eckman's there. From what I understand Eckman's is usually decently sized.

I plan on going this July.

Live Oak Civic Center? Haven't been, but they have Eckman's there. From what I understand Eckman's is usually decently sized.

I plan on going this July.

The place they have eckman's is slightly smaller but similar quality (no other businesses in same lot) and FREE parking. Plus it's about 30 min closer to Austin so I like that.

That fat Aquaman was the hit of the convention. I was trying to get a picture of him while he was at Lou Ferrigno's table & Ferrigno kept giving me a dirty look. I didn't have the heart to tell him I wanted a pic of the fat Aquaman, not him.