• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I hate the Miami Heat

220 posts in this topic

I wouldn't call him overrated. Overexposed, yes.

Has to go with 2 other players,all making 100m.In my opinion hes a coattailer.

Karl Malone and Charles Barkley advised him to not be the only great player on his team like he was in Cleveland--almost every NBA champion team has multiple superstars on them. Teams winning it all with one or zero stars is an extremely rare thing. I've only seen it once since I started watching basketball in the 1980s--the Detroit Pistons of 2004. All other teams had multiple stars. You could go on and on listing great players who couldn't win it until they combined with other great stars--Jordan and Pippen, Olajuwon and Drexler, Robinson and Duncan and then Duncan and Parker, Kobe and Shaq and then Kobe and Gasol/Odom or Shaq and Wade. Could go on and on.

Maybe its just me.It seemed kind of slimey.Kind of well im not good enough to win in my home town lets all meet in south beach.

Maybe if the Cavs got better supporting players to help LeBron,he wouldn't have left Cleveland.

Not enough for my liking... not enough baseball, either.
Well,that sucks :(

Yep... gotta make do with a zillion sports channels. lol

I'd love to live in a four-sport city, though.

In Texas,we have the following:

2 MLB teams

3 NBA teams

2 WNBA teams

1 NHL team

2 MLS teams

So,we have a bit of everything lol

1.5 MLB teams. lol The Rangers are a great team. (thumbs u

Josh Hamilton is one of the most fascinating sports figures. His story amazes me.

2 MLB teams

3 NBA teams

2 WNBA teams

1 NHL team

2 MLS teams

Josh Hamilton is one of the most fascinating sports figures. His story amazes me.

Indeed they are the best team in MLB right now :grin:

Hamilton has become my favorite player on the team :)

They better not break my heart this year after losing the WS 2 straight seasons :cry:

meh. You say 'lucked out', I say they had qualities that allowed championship pieces to develop and be fit around them.

Which Cavalier from 2003 to 2010 are you thinking could have been a Hall of Famer like McHale, Worthy, Abdul-Jabbar, or Parish if not for LeBron James holding them back? hm

Its all about building a team.Get a good gm and put it together.The draft,trades,free agency.

2 MLB teams

3 NBA teams

2 WNBA teams

1 NHL team

2 MLS teams

They better not break my heart this year after losing the WS 2 straight seasons :cry:

I thought Game 7 was in the bag last year. :(

Wrong interpretation.

LeBron didn't stand in long enough to see if the process would be the same for him. In fact, the posted graphic showed MJs career at age 27, prior to the Bulls filling out.

So which Cavalier from 2003 to 2010 was about to emerge into a Pippen, but LeBron didn't wait long enough for it? hm There isn't one. He waited a long time and decided it was time to not wait any longer. Shaq and Drexler made the same decision he did and are undoubtedly extremely proud of themselves for doing it. Barkley and Malone eventually realized they needed to do it, but they waited too long.

Maybe no one. Maybe they draft someone. Maybe a trade. (shrug) My crystal ball ain't working so well.

Shaq didn't join a build-a-champion team; the Lakers were good, not great. Shaq and the 13th overall pick in 1996 got them the titles. The rest of the guys you mention were great players, but not creme-de-la-creme level that LeBron aspires to be regarded as.

To me, LeBron is a ring chaser, exemplified by the classless 'The Decision'; and not someone who will be looked back upon as an all-time-great player around whom championship teams were built. 2c

+10000

2 MLB teams

3 NBA teams

2 WNBA teams

1 NHL team

2 MLS teams

I thought Game 7 was in the bag last year. :(

I thought so too :cry:

But the Cards beat them fair & square,so I give them kudos :)

+1

You didn't see Magic, Bird, or Jordan needing to gather a cabal of star players to win.

I was trying to think of a response but the best I can come up with is :jokealert:

+1

You didn't see Magic, Bird, or Jordan needing to gather a cabal of star players to win.

I was trying to think of a response but the best I can come up with is :jokealert:

lol

They didn't need to.

They had a good supporting cast of players to help them.

Karl Malone and Charles Barkley advised him to not be the only great player on his team like he was in Cleveland--almost every NBA champion team has multiple superstars on them. Teams winning it all with one or zero stars is an extremely rare thing. I've only seen it once since I started watching basketball in the 1980s--the Detroit Pistons of 2004. All other teams had multiple stars. You could go on and on listing great players who couldn't win it until they combined with other great stars--Jordan and Pippen, Olajuwon and Drexler, Robinson and Duncan and then Duncan and Parker, Kobe and Shaq and then Kobe and Gasol/Odom or Shaq and Wade. Could go on and on.

Maybe its just me.It seemed kind of slimey.Kind of well im not good enough to win in my home town lets all meet in south beach.

Maybe if the Cavs got better supporting players to help LeBron,he wouldn't have left Cleveland.

I think they really tried.Sometimes things just dont work out.

I think they really tried.Sometimes things just dont work out.

Yeah,they did tried to get him players.

But when the pressure was on,they couldn't get shots to go in.

+1

lol

They didn't need to.

They had a good supporting cast of players to help them.

It can take time to build that cast. As a hockey fan, the guy I think of is Steve Yzerman. Long before Detroit was called Hockeytown, when Yzerman was drafted and joined the team in 1983, the Red Wings were a sorry excuse of a hockey club. It took a decade for that team to become a contender.

Some guys are suited to being leaders, and the centerpiece of that process. Some are not.