• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I hate the Miami Heat

220 posts in this topic

IMO the Heat is not James team more than it is Wades.

Wade now views it the opposite way, he's said in interviews this season he learned to accept that in his view LeBron is the best player in the game last summer after they lost the Finals.

I disagree with his view as the proof is on the court. (shrug)

I agree James is a better player than Wade, but it is still Wade's team just by the games play out.

and took a New York Yankee style of selling out to win a title.

It's MLB, not your latest secret emo/ska indie rock band. Only someone from Philly could spin spending whatever is necessary to win in a pro sport as "selling out."

:ohnoez: x infinity for the Yankee induced butthurt

selling out isn't always about money.

He had to surround himself with an all-star cast to win one.

He is a side kick to Wade. If Wade skills continue to diminish or he leaves and the Heat do not add another superstar James will never win a ring again.

Oh, I'm sorry, were we still discussing basketball? :baiting:

I agree James is a better player than Wade, but it is still Wade's team just by the games play out.

What makes you say that? I'm not disagreeing, just wondering what dynamics between those two you've noticed. Since James is the closest thing they have to a point guard, sometimes when he's distributing it can look like he's deferring. Are you maybe thinking that Wade takes most of the end-of-game shots? I haven't noticed. (shrug)

What makes you say that? I'm not disagreeing, just wondering what dynamics between those two you've noticed. Since James is the closest thing they have to a point guard, sometimes when he's distributing it can look like he's deferring. Are you maybe thinking that Wade takes most of the end-of-game shots? I haven't noticed. (shrug)

It shows that Wade's still calls the shoot on the team and they way they play every game out.

James will have to take over the team going forward because it does seem wade's best years are behind him.

I wouldn't call him overrated. Overexposed, yes.

Has to go with 2 other players,all making 100m.In my opinion hes a coattailer.

+1

You didn't see Magic, Bird, or Jordan needing to gather a cabal of star players to win.

Let's see: Jabar, Worthy, no not big stars.

Parrish, McHale, no not big stars.

Pippen, Rodman, Grant, no not big stars at all.

You're right!!!!

James will have to take over the team going forward because it does seem wade's best years are behind him.

Maybe not--he may have been limited by injury during these playoffs, they did drain his knee twice. He's only 30, so it shouldn't be age putting him off his game. If it's injury, then you might be right, but if it's more that he's deferring too much to LeBron, then he can fix that.

+1

You didn't see Magic, Bird, or Jordan needing to gather a cabal of star players to win.

You're right!!!!

Def have to agree......

Bird, Magic, and Jordan all had really solid players around them.

One superstar usually can't win an NBA title by himself.

I know just ask my 2001 76ers how they did with one superstar (Iverson) against Shaq and Kobe.

If Wilt Chamberlain had more talent around him he would won probably more than Bill Russell. Russell had all the talent in the world around him in Boston.

+1

You're right!!!!

Did those groups of players gather together from various teams and sign with the same team?

Not sure if I can still dunk at 40 but a few seasons ago I could dunk at a big old 5 foot 10. Being honest I could only dunk volleyballs and the smaller jr basketballs or on a bounce of the backboard...I can't palm a basketball damn small hands lol.

I've played with quite a few 5' 8" guys who can dunk like you just described, off of lobs but not straight away. It never occurred to me that could be easier. I've always been able to palm, but I have no idea how people measure hand size so I don't know if it's due to large hands. I know my girlfriend who is 6' 1" and has longer fingers than I do (she likes to compare equivalent parts of our bodies because we're about the same height) can't palm, so I assume that hand strength plays a big part in it, but I don't know to what degree it can make up for hand size. hm

I think it's a strength thing. I can palm a basketball, and I'm 5'11" with average sized hands. But I have to squeeze the out of it.

I think after this season and especially the playoffs it is now Lebron's team. Wade looked tired, injuried just not himself. He seemed happy enough to let Lebron do all the heavy lifting during games and interviews.

+1

You're right!!!!

Did those groups of players gather together from various teams and sign with the same team?

Jabar wasn't a Laker originally. Magic and Worthy were drafted by LA. No "opportunity" or need to change teams.

Bird and McHale were both drafted by Boston and Parish came over in a trade. Again, no opportunity or need.

Pippen was drafted and traded to the Bulls the same year Grant was brafted by the Bulls. Rodman did join up with the already powerful Bulls (I think MJ had 3 titles by that point) to help MJ win 3 more.

+1

You're right!!!!

Jabar wasn't a Laker originally. Magic and Worthy were drafted by LA. No "opportunity" or need to change teams.

Bird and McHale were both drafted by Boston and Parish came over in a trade. Again, no opportunity or need.

Pippen was drafted and traded to the Bulls the same year Grant was brafted by the Bulls. Rodman did join up with the already powerful Bulls (I think MJ had 3 titles by that point) to help MJ win 3 more.

I knew that. I was just being sarcastic, in response to Jboner's post.

My only point above, is that, at no time did the great players I listed do what LeBron did - assemble a group of current all-stars to form a championship nucleus de-novo, or switch teams to join other greats. Magic, Bird and Jordan had teams built and drafted around them. They helped teammates develop. They were the centerpieces around which title teams were built.

Back in the older days (90's haha) GMs decided who they would pick up, this group (Lebron, Bosh and Wade) decided they were going to play together. The power has shifted from GM to player. Before teams like the Bulls were already good but lost a rebounder (Grant) so they wanted a strong rebounder who didn't need or want to score. Rodman fit perfectly. Most players pre 2000 were loyal to their teams, they waited and expected the GM to build a winner.

Teams like Miami and the new Celtics were built by the players. They offered the GM to go there they were not persued and traded or signed for like in the older days when teams tweaked their team.

+1

You're right!!!!

+1

You're right!!!!

+1

Boston's last title in 2007/2008 was built from the organization, they drafted Pierce/Rondo/Perk/ Al Jefferson (without Jefferson to trade you don't get Garnett) and also years of trading was what helped them land Allen and Garnett. It wasn't Pierce, Allen and Garnett getting together and forming their own team. Ainge took on tons of lousy contracts to free up money to help in those trades. If he didn't land those guys he probably would have been let go. The fans and the upper Management in Boston were sick of losing.

While I never liked MJ I didn't hate him like I do James. Without Magic and MJ, James wouldn't be the player he is today. Michael made carrying and fouling without being called for it popular for star players. Magic brought showboating to another level. Michael was like James, a 1st team all-defensive player who really wasn't that great a one on one defender, but rather a great outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed defensive player, making big steals on the pass and taking it in for a flashy dunk. The oppenent might score 30, but all anyone remebers is the steal and the dunk. I may not like Michael or many of the things he did outside the game, but I know he was the best I ever saw. Lebron is a freak in many ways , but he is playing in a league that has only one or two good centers. He can take his man down in the paint and not have to worry about some 7ft guy swatting it away. If the other team has a 7 footer, they are usually some skinny guy on the end of some bench.

Back in the older days (90's haha) GMs decided who they would pick up, this group (Lebron, Bosh and Wade) decided they were going to play together. The power has shifted from GM to player. Before teams like the Bulls were already good but lost a rebounder (Grant) so they wanted a strong rebounder who didn't need or want to score. Rodman fit perfectly. Most players pre 2000 were loyal to their teams, they waited and expected the GM to build a winner.

Teams like Miami and the new Celtics were built by the players. They offered the GM to go there they were not persued and traded or signed for like in the older days when teams tweaked their team.

+1

You're right!!!!

+1

You're right!!!!

Red took the chance and drafted Bird a year ahead of time because he knew he was worth waiting a year for. Mchale and Parrish part of the same draft/trade. Joe Barry Carroll for Parish and McHale. Originally Golden State tried to sign Cedric Maxwell and they told him they were going to draft McHale. Good thing Red drafted and traded JBC. Again the Celtics and those other teams had stars, but the GMs created the teams, not the players.

Joe Barry Carroll

Joe Barely Cares

Can you dunk a basketball? What about without jumping off the ground? :baiting:

Used to be able to do a 360. But now I spend too much time on the couch.