• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sparkle City Auction Thread

147 posts in this topic

Was always impressed with their customer service as a buyer of their slabbed books years ago.  Then they began selling many raw auctions and their grading seems spotty. They still seem to get above market prices but also be aware that, if things haven't changed, they do in-house pressing.  

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

I'd be curious to know the percentage of their books that get returned.  Bad sellers can still get good feedback if they're processing returns without question, or issuing partial refunds to unsatisfied customers to avoid negative feedback.

Probably not many since they seem to have really good clear scans.  You definitely know what you are getting unlike some of the picture thru a bag, at an angle, in the dark auctions.  I guess they probably get some people calling after getting back books from CGC.

4 minutes ago, 1Cool said:
1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

I'd be curious to know the percentage of their books that get returned.  Bad sellers can still get good feedback if they're processing returns without question, or issuing partial refunds to unsatisfied customers to avoid negative feedback.

Probably not many since they seem to have really good clear scans.  You definitely know what you are getting unlike some of the picture thru a bag, at an angle, in the dark auctions.  I guess they probably get some people calling after getting back books from CGC.

I returned a book to them hassle free.  It looked accurately graded, but there was a clear water stain through 1/2 the back cover, not visible from the scan.  The return was easy, with no quibbling.

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

What happened with them? They came on like gangbusters and had incredible material. Then they started listing unslabbed books that were obviously over graded. I rarely see their auctions any more.

I agree they used to have some really great stuff a few years back.  At that time I purchased an 8.0 slab from them.  I thought the price was "reasonable" at the time.

I don't recall purchasing from them since, however, it is possible I have.