• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lame Spider-Man covers

24 posts in this topic

Funny thing is, even your updated version still isn't possible... When you start drawing symmetry lines between pelvis, ribcage and sternum, you see that at least 1/3 of his head (and probably over 1/2) should be behind his arm.

That's what makes Byrne's cover so insulting. It is so clearly an example of just sticking a head in a blank space on the page. The rest of Spidey's body is in proportion, with well thought-out lines... And then at the last minute, let's stick a head somewhere... foreheadslap.gif

Although to be fair to Byrne, it would not surprise me at all if some Marvel editor freaked out when Byrne turned in artwork that had Spidey's head obscured by his arm... and said editor pasted in a new head... foreheadslap.gif

Funny thing is, even your updated version still isn't possible... When you start drawing symmetry lines between pelvis, ribcage and sternum, you see that at least 1/3 of his head (and probably over 1/2) should be behind his arm.

Hmmm... I thought I had his head obscured enough...

his mouth and chin should definitely be behind his arm.

I was trying to have his nose "peeking" over his shoulder.