• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1973 Marvel FOOM Membership Kit and STERANKO Comic Storage Boxes

27 posts in this topic

I recently picked up a very nice collection of bronze Marvels in York, Pennsylvania. There were a few relatively tough pieces of Marvel ephemera included.

Rules:

First :takeit: in thread gets the item and trumps all PM's

Shipping: Is up to you by whatever method you choose. Will ship worldwide.

Refunds: You can return the item if not satisfied.

Payment: Paypal only

SOLD

1973 Marvel FOOM Membership Kit Complete

$85

FOOM magazine is relatively easy to find, but a complete membership kit is NOT.

The Kit includes:

Hulk envelop. Has a postage label on it . The envelope itself is a bit rough with chips and a few small tears.

Steranko Poster with introduction on bottom by Stan Lee. Measures 28" x 22". Is in good shape with a few foxing spots. Each corner has 1 small pinhole.

Membership card. Name signed on other side.

Green paper describing what FOOM is.

Six 3" x 3" "stickers" but there is no adhesive so they are just pieces of paper.

FOOM magazine 1-4.

Issues 2, 3, 4 have an address label on back cover.

1: Crossword puzzle partially filled out. Word scramble page has all the words circled in pen

2: Awesome Hulk Steranko cover. Crossword filled out. Couple clipped

3: One page has a couple creases and writing.

4: Game page has light writing.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

1973 Marvel Comicsaver Storage Box. Art by Steranko. These were sold as a mail in from FOOM magazine. VERY hard to find. These are made of cardboard and I don't believe many survived, or even sold for that matter.

The collector I purchased the collection from stored all his books in these as a kid. They are a cardboard slip case with a cardboard insert. Books can only be stored without a bag or board. I don't suggest storing any of your comics in these but it really is an awesome.piece of Marvel history.

I pulled a couple for myself and am going to sell off the rest here. Most are in great shape. Some have light scuffing, light wear, or a very light stain. Each box has written on the side what was stored in them. Most have just a couple words written but a few have couple scribbles. I included a pic of a few.

$15 for the first, and $10 for each additional.

27 available

008.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

1973 Marvel Comicsaver Storage Box. Art by Steranko. These were sold as a mail in from FOOM magazine. VERY hard to find. These are made of cardboard and I don't believe many survived, or even sold for that matter.

The collector I purchased the collection from stored all his books in these as a kid. They are a cardboard slip case with a cardboard insert. Books can only be stored without a bag or board. I don't suggest storing any of your comics in these but it really is an awesome.piece of Marvel history.

I pulled a couple for myself and am going to sell off the rest here. Most are in great shape. Some have light scuffing, light wear, or a very light stain. Each box has written on the side what was stored in them. Most have just a couple words written but a few have couple scribbles. I included a pic of a few.

27 available

008.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

:takeit: One storage box without writing or with minimal writing. Thanks!

I'm confused. These are comic storage boxes but only raw books with no bags or board will fit? They look awesome but I'm a bit baffled. :confused:

Remember these were put out in 1973. I read somewhere that these were the first boxes ever produced specifically to store comic books. In 1973 I believe bags and boards weren't even around yet from what I understand. They fit raw books nice and tight and did a relatively good job with the collection I picked up.

27 available

008.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

:takeit: Whichever one is in the best condition with the least writing on it for me as well.

I'm confused. These are comic storage boxes but only raw books with no bags or board will fit? They look awesome but I'm a bit baffled. :confused:

Remember these were put out in 1973. I read somewhere that these were the first boxes ever produced specifically to store comic books. In 1973 I believe bags and boards weren't even around yet from what I understand. They fit raw books nice and tight and did a relatively good job with the collection I picked up.

:thumbsup:

I'll take the two with the Spidey writing on them. :whee: :whee:

In 1973, bags were available (those ugly Robert Bell bags were what I usually saw), but boards were not in widespread use.

THANKS to everyone so far!

11 boxes remain.

From this point on most will have a few lines of writing. Remember that this is only on one end of the box so you can easily display it without the writing visible. Some boxes may have a little wear but overall they display great and are double sided.

27 available

008.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

I'll take four...........at least one without scribble if possible

:takeit: