• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VGA graded video game sells for $15,000

93 posts in this topic

Bronty, here is a secret for you. I am on Nintendo Age...the horror!

Digital Press too. Sealed Game Heaven as well.

Yes, I am a collector as well. Therefore, I don't understand as to why you are so defensive over a different opinion in reagrds to this. Judging by my PM's and emails, I have a lot of support for what I am saying. I just want to know why this bothers you so much? That is my only question.

You are aware I have always supported grading video games. I have a problem with 'investment' and 'speculation' without knowledge. In capitalism it is very easy to create wealth by 'investing in what you know.' Therefore when someone tries to tell someone that they should invest in something they know nothing about, I take issue. It is an uphill battle. Overall, it is THEIR money, but I have an ethical obligation when someone tells me they are buying an antique, collectible, or the like (and are buying for investment NOT enjoyment); to ask probing questions; WHEN THEY ARE BUYING IT FROM ME. I actually lost business this way, but it was the RIGHT thing to do.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Bronty is a big swinging Johnson in the video game world.

Put your ego in neutral, and you'll probably learn a lot from him.

Agreed. He knows way more about games than I do... And I know A LOT about games. You could learn from him too, "mint." He's well respected here, and if you'd like to garnish any kind of respect, at least know what you are talking about.

Ugh, I have to ask...why was the game taken apart?

Seller wanted it that way. Direct quote:

"I have gone and gotten some vacation pictures to show just how well-treated this game is. See first page.

And for those of you who don't like VGA graded games.... I get it. But take the beef to an appropriate place. VGA did exactly what I asked them to do. And did an excellent job at preservation and display. They are exceptionally qualified for this job......whether you like thier service or not."

Agreed. He knows way more about games than I do... And I know A LOT about games. You could learn from him too, "mint." Hopefully, I'm not overstepping my bounds by mentioning this, Bronty....my man has **** and stuff he's probably not mentioning. He's well respected here, and if you'd like to garnish any kind of respect, at least know what you are talking about.

errr... yeah, I wouldn't mind it you would edit that out :foryou:

thanks!

I'm sure I can learn from mint too, I'm not trying to turn this into a johnson contest, I just can't stand the 'tude

Ugh, I have to ask...why was the game taken apart?

Seller wanted it that way. Direct quote:

"I have gone and gotten some vacation pictures to show just how well-treated this game is. See first page.

And for those of you who don't like VGA graded games.... I get it. But take the beef to an appropriate place. VGA did exactly what I asked them to do. And did an excellent job at preservation and display. They are exceptionally qualified for this job......whether you like thier service or not."

And I fully agree. No problem whatsoever with their service or their company. I also LOVE AFA. I have yet to use their other services because I have no present need.

I even wrote an article to promote VGA. My issue as stated is mentioned above. This was covered in the 'Magic' thread and I do not wish to rehash it here. I do NOT have a crystal ball and arguing what will, can, or may happen in the future is pointless.

My only point is that a buyer MUST do their research on anything they buy. If the item drops in value, don't complain. If it goes up in value, you are welcome to 'brag.' If you don't care price wise, even more power to you!

Respectfully,

'mint'

Sorry to be so clueless here, Bronty, I understand it was the seller's decision, but I'm still trying to figure it out.

It seems like the purpose of taking apart the game was to show how well-preserved the interior is?

A well-preserved interior would be to make the item more desirable to prospective buyers?

Is there a precedent for this?

remind me to ban you lol

I thought you knew?

Seriously, I did.

PS: In all honestly though, I am not on there much, but I thought I mentioned that to you before, no?

Sorry to be so clueless here, Bronty, I understand it was the seller's decision, but I'm still trying to figure it out.

It seems like the purpose of taking apart the game was to show how well-preserved the interior is?

A well-preserved interior would be to make the item more desirable to prospective buyers?

Is there a precedent for this?

well, I'm not entirely sure what the seller's thinking was either, part of it could be that the authenticity of that item is best checked by looking at the interior, it has a completely different circuit board than what a commercially released game looks like. So displayed opened it lets you see 'all' of it so to speak.

That being said, not everyone likes or agrees with it, I'm personally indifferent.

remind me to ban you lol

I thought you knew?

Seriously, I did.

PS: In all honestly though, I am not on there much, but I thought I mentioned that to you before, no?

I don't know. whatever.

Agreed. He knows way more about games than I do... And I know A LOT about games. You could learn from him too, "mint." Hopefully, I'm not overstepping my bounds by mentioning this, Bronty....my man has **** and stuff he's probably not mentioning. He's well respected here, and if you'd like to garnish any kind of respect, at least know what you are talking about.

errr... yeah, I wouldn't mind it you would edit that out :foryou:

thanks!

Dunn. :)

I'm sure I can learn from mint too, I'm not trying to turn this into a johnson contest, I just can't stand the 'tude

Fair enough. And for that honest admission, I respect you, Bronty; as well.

Same here...the learning part...lol! (not the 'can't stand part')

Kind Regards,

'mint'

cool.
:foryou:

Don't ever mention I did this; okay?

Keep in mind I normally don't use the little 'smiley things.'

It's not my style...

Kind Regards,

'mint'

hehe. your secret is safe with me