• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Women and Children First...

40 posts in this topic

Marvels on the fast road to nowhere with this type of mentality. You cant be a little bit pregnant and you cant be a little bit of a corporate whore. You can see the drooling insufficiently_thoughtful_persons on Marvels management trying to hold back their evil corporate tendencies but ultimately succumbing to the lure of quick cash from #1 pimping.

Marvel will not last 5 more years in its current form. Hell with the new media laws things could be so screwy that Time/Warner might be able to hold both DC and Marvel at the same time. That would be odd. insane.gif

insufficiently_thoughtful_persons like you. 893censored-thumb.gif

Either make a point or shut up I'm tired of your yapping.

the point is you're a [!@#%^&^] insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Go play on the freeway. 893censored-thumb.gif

Go have a cry or something but dont speak to me unless its on-topic.

you are such a POS, this is on-topic for you. 893censored-thumb.gif

Marvels on the fast road to nowhere with this type of mentality. You cant be a little bit pregnant and you cant be a little bit of a corporate whore. You can see the drooling insufficiently_thoughtful_persons on Marvels management trying to hold back their evil corporate tendencies but ultimately succumbing to the lure of quick cash from #1 pimping.

Marvel will not last 5 more years in its current form. Hell with the new media laws things could be so screwy that Time/Warner might be able to hold both DC and Marvel at the same time. That would be odd. insane.gif

the point is you're a [!@#%^&^] insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Go play on the freeway. 893censored-thumb.gif

Yadda yadda yadda, they need a flyswatter emoticon for the resident CGC forum buzzy mosquito. 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

Yadda yadda yadda, they need a flyswatter emoticon for the resident CGC forum buzzy mosquito. 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

HAHAHAHA!!! very funny for a nebbish person like yourself. ARCH, can we get a custom for Duncan "Nebbish King"? That would be great for a POS like yourself.

Received the new Marvel Previews today and noted the Marvel ship is headed in a familiar direction.

Of course every month there are a few new #1 issues starting a new series or limited series from Marvel, and maybe a few more as of late. Everyone come along with me and take a look at what's new in this month's Marvel Previews (retailers please don your lifevests)

note: this would be in the modern comics thread but it's really not about the books themselves.

Here they are;

Strange #1 - new ongoing series 893censored-thumb.gif

Black Widow #1 - limited series thumbsup2.gif

Hulk & Thing: Hard Knocks #1 - limited series (Jae Lee's rendition of the Thing rocks, get it - "rocks"!?, I digress..893censored-thumb.gif

Elektra: The Hand #1 - limited series893censored-thumb.gif

Bullseye: Greatest Hits #1 - limited series893censored-thumb.gif

Marvel Knights 2099: Daredevil #1 - one-shot893censored-thumb.gif

Marvel Knights 2099: Punisher #1 - one-shot893censored-thumb.gif

Marvel Knights 2099: Black Panther # - one-shot893censored-thumb.gif

Marvel Knights 2099: Mutant #1 - one-shot893censored-thumb.gif

Marvel Knights 2099: Inhumans #1 - one-shot893censored-thumb.gif

Madrox #1 - new ongoing series893censored-thumb.gif

Jubilee #1 - new ongoing series893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif

Nightcrawler #1 - new ongoing series thumbsup2.gif

Gambit #1 - new ongoing series thumbsup2.gif

Marvel Age Spider-Man Team-Up #1 - new ongoing series893censored-thumb.gif

Marvel Age Hulk #1 - new ongoing series893censored-thumb.gif

Warlock #1 - new ongoing series893censored-thumb.gif

That's all one month...one month. The question I have to ask myself is; Where are my customers going to draw the line and when are they going to jump ship.

a'hoy

CRC

2099 are they smokin crackinsane.gif

Jubilee 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Where did Beyonder put that turd icon, I think that sums up your personality perfectly. You sure do get a lot of use out of the 893blahblah.gif icon. What a waste of a life you are.

Put me down as predicting that one of those #1s will be selling for $10+ on eBay this time next year. cloud9.gif

And put me down as predicting that the rest of those #1s will be selling for less than $10 combined this time next year... foreheadslap.gif

Warlock #1 - new ongoing series

After 30 years, and multiple failed Warlock ongoing series, you'd think Marvel would stop going back to this long dried-up well.

news.gifThey never stop.

Not for 55.6% more money ($3.50 vs. $2.25), I won't. mad.gif

I was thinking something similar (I don't buy any moderns, so I couldn't be thinking the exact same thing). All I thought was, "$3.50 for one modern comic. Ouch!" I do want it (The Thing is my favorite Marvel character, and Thing/Hulk is my favorite hero/hero match-up), but I'll just pick it up in a future trade with someone.

Put me down as predicting that one of those #1s will be selling for $10+ on eBay this time next year. cloud9.gif

And put me down as predicting that the rest of those #1s will be selling for less than $10 combined this time next year... foreheadslap.gif

The problem is, no one knows which one it's going to be, which means you'd have to buy them all...which means that even with an LCS's discount, you still won't be able to make your money back. Which means it's not worth bothering to speculate. Just buy what you like.

And does anyone else have the Valen Halen song (the one with the line, "women and children first", in it - not sure if that's the title or not; I know that's the title of the album) in their heads now because of the title of this topic? smile.gif

And does anyone else have the Valen Halen song (the one with the line, "women and children first", in it - not sure if that's the title or not; I know that's the title of the album) in their heads now because of the title of this topic? smile.gif

You ready? (Yeah)

One, two, one, two, three, four

Out upon the islands on a cool summer night

Buddy, you don't got to hurry, take your time

What you need is on the menu and you get it tonight

Buddy, you got womens on your mind

Could this be magic? Or could this be love?

Could this turn tragic? You know that magic often does

And I see lonely ships upon the water

Better save the women and children first

Sail away with someone's daughter

Better save the women and children first

I hear music on the landin' an' there's laughter in the air

Just could be your boat is comin' in

Yeah you're leanin' back an' yeah, a foot tappin'

Ain't got your head right

There's a full moon out tonight. Baby, let's begin

And she said "Could this be magic? Or could this be love?" Uh, oh

An' I said "Could this turn tragic? You know that magic often does"