• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who really is on the cutting edge of comics right now Marvel or DC?

24 posts in this topic

Agree w/ just about everyone here. DC blo9ws Marvel away in terms of quality and "value for your dollar". Vertigo and Wildstorm (OK, Planetary and Ex Machina the only WS I currently read) hardly ever miss. Marvel only has one consistently "great read"....Daredevil. I am usually entertained by the Marvel books I buy, but they are not on par with the Vertigo books I buy each month.

DD & the soon to be cancelled X-statix are the only regular marvel books I buy- While I only pick up a few non-Vertigo DC books - the Vertigo stuff is consistently better than the Marvel output I've read in recent years. Marvel had a shot with stuff like the Azzarello/Corben Cage book, Unstable Molecules, and Peter Bagge's Meglomaniacal Spider-man, but when they cancelled his Hulk book, they lost any chance of becoming "cutting edge".