• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Avengers 54 2nd copy

23 posts in this topic

lol. Since there have been surprisingly two responses from members that seem to know their grades, is this a comic you would send for CGC for the top tier $95, never mind what shipping would be from Canada, after initially paying $41 and touching the actual comic? This is all hypothetical and for some reason has wings.

In your ebay title you actually say 'CGC IT!' and call it a 9.2. Unless you're doubting your own grading skills, I'd say this thread does have wings.

I'd neg you just for the title of your sales listing.

Solid 8.0 and, given a great clean/press it could go to a 9.0. Could being the operating word in that last sentence.

To my eye:

FRONT COVER:

- significant damage to left corner

- significant damage per top left staple

- minor damage to bottom left corner

- at least 4 colour breaking spine creases (of which only two are marginal)

- blunted top right corner (so, probably, no sharp corner there)

- colour breaking thumb crease (?) by code box (top left)

- blunted/chipped bottom right corner

BACK COVER

- dirty (so it needs cleaning)

- is the top left corner stained? (or is that just transfer ink of some kind)

- is that foxing along the top edge?

PAGES

- look to be cream to off-white at best so no premium should be charged or paid

SUMMARY

Without looking at it straight on there are a LOT of minor flaws and if that really is foxing top-back then drop the grade to a 7.5. Problem is that it is REALLY hard to tell from a scan if there are dents 'in' the cover so if that is the case drop another half-grade if substantial or severe. Still a nice book but it would take a full press and clean to get it to a 9.0 standing imo (and good quality work at that).

Given the cost of the book, seller should offer a refund big enough to accomplish that at the very least.

For the boardie trying to learn more about grading I hope this amount of typing has not been in vain.

Thanks everyone for the support, it was greatly appreciated and noted. And thanks to those who took the time to offer insights to the grading.

YKOil, thanks for the reply, that's pretty solid of you. Where does one get a book cleaned? I have 2 books that are dirty and would LOVE to have 'um cleaned.

Thanks again!