• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Punk Rock Jesus

56 posts in this topic

I enjoyed the first book. I wish it wasn't a mini series. If anyone is aware of a convention variant, please let me know. Also, pleae let me know what everyone else thought. I know that with the Walking Dead monopolizing what is on everyone's mind and Revival taking the scraps that are left there's not much time or money to invest in this book, but Ihope some of you give it a shot. It's cool.

Sold out in my LCS in the first day...oh yeah,I bought them...lol

No variant despite being ordered, a little pissed to be honest.

I liked it and depending on where it goes,could make a controverial mini-series.

I think this could well be a hit and a slow but steady riser much like Preacher is today.

According to my LCS person who processes my order, she is certain there is a 1:10 retailer variant.

However it wasn't with my order so who knows.

Every copy from my area had a huge dent in the front cover. I went to 3 different LCS and all of them had the same dent. I was kind of pissed since i dont like to pick up comics that are already beat up.

from Sean Murphy:

Thanks for the kind words! Just got back from SDCC so I'm pretty beat.

As far as I know, they're not doing variant covers for PRJ. :(

so no variants for issue #1

to the poster above, were the dent/cover damage issues on the top right corner? almost every copy from the shops in this area had a problem there

The two copies I picked up from my LCS (that I pre-ordered) were mangled. I enjoyed the book and ordered another ten from mycomicshop. Don't know what they will look like, but if they are nasty I'm waiting for a 9.8 to show up somewhere before I buy another copy. lol

from Sean Murphy:

to the poster above, were the dent/cover damage issues on the top right corner? almost every copy from the shops in this area had a problem there

Yea top right corner sounds about right.

lucky man ... I accidently left the store without grabbing my copies I had a big order that week including a 1:200 WD 100 and got the last two copies in the store. I imagine that they were probably read by every employee and mangled by people that walked in th estore. I'm glab to head that the printer smudge isn't somethin I'm going to have to examine books for. :)

from Sean Murphy:

Yea top right corner sounds about right.

same issue here looked like a roller mark of some sort going down the right side about a quarter inch from the right edge some issues it only extended down an inch or two from the top corner but a majority of them you could see the faint indention/line going all the way down

Top right corner for me too. That makes me a feel a little better it wasn't just me. hehe I enjoyed the first issue and I'll probably continue reading. I agree and think it could make a controversial tv show/movie one day.

Well its selling like mess.

Anyone want 10 at cover?...lucky thats all I bought!