• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF movie

Why do they keep trying to make a Fantastic Four movie?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Why do they keep trying to make a Fantastic Four movie?

42 posts in this topic

If they give a FF movie the same treatment as the Spider-man and X-men movies it should be pretty good. However, if they give it the Hulk (f'd up 45 minute origin re-write in the begining of the movie) or Daredevil (poor casting in the form of Ben "I can't act" Afleck) treatment it will probably suck. Spider-man is as close to perfect as there ever will be for a super-hero movie. They stuck very close to the comic book origin and cast the perfect actor to play the role. Can't wait for Spider-man 3!

In a day and age where today's movie-makers can make an awesome looking spiderman movie, I don't think that making a decent-looking FF movie is all that far off. It would be a great thing if they could make it interesting and exciting with a great plot to start off with. So overall i think that it is doable.

Sure they could, but lets see...In Spider-Man we had one super-hero to CGI and in FF we have four. You do the math. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Lemme see.. how many people are/were in X-Men? stooges.gif

The four characters don't have to be "powered" up and on the screen together for the entire picture.

In a day and age where today's movie-makers can make an awesome looking spiderman movie, I don't think that making a decent-looking FF movie is all that far off. It would be a great thing if they could make it interesting and exciting with a great plot to start off with. So overall i think that it is doable.

Sure they could, but lets see...In Spider-Man we had one super-hero to CGI and in FF we have four. You do the math. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Lemme see.. how many people are/were in X-Men? stooges.gif

The four characters don't have to be "powered" up and on the screen together for the entire picture.

Fair point. tongue.gif

thumbsup2.gif Yeah, you have to hope for the best, but when rumors abound about the Doom character being more of a "jilted love interest" than a "mad scientist" then the thing begins to be at the mercy of the -script writers and the studio who likely know NOTHING about the comic. Zoinks!

Will wait till a definitive -script report comes out and maybe some trailers. Bated breath til then.

what sucks is that i heard that the makers of X-Men ruled out some characters from being in the first films because they didn't want to have to pay the money for CGI. I really would have liked to see Beast and Angel in action.

I would LOVE to see those characters too!!! Original X-Men!

thumbsup2.gif Yeah, you have to hope for the best, but when rumors abound about the Doom character being more of a "jilted love interest" than a "mad scientist" then the thing begins to be at the mercy of the -script writers and the studio who likely know NOTHING about the comic. Zoinks!

Will wait till a definitive -script report comes out and maybe some trailers. Bated breath til then.

that's what they are.. rumors... kind of like the Victor Van Damm rumor

exactamundo. Half the fun of the movie speculation is watching the rumor mill crank it out. A buddy of mine who works at Showtime Networks was all a-giggly because he had heard Selma Hayak would be Sue Storm.... Maybe Van Damm will play Sue Storm....

whats so exciting about another "mad scientist?" They could make him whatever they wany as long as his motivation makes sense in the story.

whats so exciting about another "mad scientist?" They could make him whatever they wany as long as his motivation makes sense in the story.

I don't know about this. Doom's motivation has to stem from jealousy of Reed and/or blaming Reed for the accident that leaves him scarred.

I would like to see Doom's origin on screen be similar to the origin provided in The Doom/Strange GN, where Doom has only the most superficial of injury to has face, yet is so vain, it drives him over the edge.

I don't know about this. Doom's motivation has to stem from jealousy of Reed and/or blaming Reed for the accident that leaves him scarred.

I would like to see Doom's origin on screen be similar to the origin provided in The Doom/Strange GN, where Doom has only the most superficial of injury to has face, yet is so vain, it drives him over the edge.

I'd much prefer the grotesque Doom, but I can deal with either.

Read some interview with Michael Chiklis that said he would not have accepted the role of the Ever-Loving Blue-Eyed Thing if it was going to be CG... uh-oh, that sort of implies another rubber suit.... that is a scary thought.

And just as a side note.... a 100 mil budget for a film of this size (I mean at least 3 characters that SHOULD be done in CG) is not a lot.

They have erected a building set on a parking lot in downtown Vancouver about 2 blocks from where I work. It is across from the antiquarian bookstore area. I will go down there & look for Dr Doom. Rumor is they will be shooting around 5:00 pm 04Sept15. popcorn.gif