• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm new to CGC. Please help.

38 posts in this topic

I was wondering what the difference is between the blue, green and pink labels on CGC

comics was and does it have any effect on the value???

Thanks

welcome to the forum.....

Blue = Universal = Good! This is what you want.

Green = Qualified (coupon cut out, un-verified signature, etc..) = Bad, do not buy!!!

Purple = Restored = Kiss of Death. Low prices on these books.

That was real quick version. CGC's website should explain it a little better. Or call them. They are very friendly.

Chris

...or you could look at it this way.....

Blue = Universal = Good! This is what everybody wants.

Green = Qualified (coupon cut out, un-verified signature, etc..) = Bad, do not buy!!!

(possible nice book at a nice price)

Purple = Restored = Low prices on these books. (get some real nice books at a real nice price. Don't expect to sell at a profit though)

BTW - Love the Pee-Wee inspired sig line!

Wasn't sure if anyone would make the connection. I loved watching the Pee-Wee movies with my kids and that saying has been like a broken record in my head ever since, sometimes causing me to laugh out loud at very awkward times..... crazy.gif

Same here! I have said that phrase many millions of times. My father will even say it every once in awhile when I visit! That show was great! It was so much more for adults. Kind of like "Romper Room on Acid". lol.

Funny characters. Cowboy Curtis was played by Lawrence Fishburne. Man, he's come along way! Jambee (sp?) was always my favorite. And I despised the Penny Cartoons! I wanted to take her out so bad, ala Mr. Bill Style.

"Connect the dots...La-La-La-La!" lol! grin.gif

Chris

Didn't that Michael just you off?!

Michael Mancini was the MAN! The penultimate paragon of MACHISMO and CHAUVINISM wrapped in a shroud of MISOGYNY!!! He hooked up way more than Jake and all his women were crazy wild women...Jane, Sydney, the red headed doctor that made that comeback from the dead, even Heather Locklear...only chick he didn't get a piece of was that "fake" Vanessa Williams actress that left mid first season as she was not exciting/controversial enough...

We all wanted to be Michael and be that adept at manipulating women to our whims without the inevitable consequences.

Couldn't stand Doug Savant's character...he's as useless as the uvula... mad.gif

Bug- you know what it's all about...every Wed night there would be like 20 people from all over the dorms (mostly women!!!) crowded in a single room, all comfy and close, focused on two hormonally driven shows. We were so bad that we kicked out people who talked! I think we all could have TA'd a class on Melrose Place 101 or The Faces of Beverly Hills 90210... Gabriele Cateris ...the poser...she's in a has been show now on the WB....pathetic. who can ever forget bit-chy Brenda!!!

Best part of the show: The soundtracks!!!! the theme songs would just get us all going! I have both the Original 90210 Soundtrack, 90210: the College Years sound track, Melrose Place, and even that spinoff show: The Heights...How do you talk to an angel.... tongue.gif