• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is JSC going to be doing sketches at Chicago???

29 posts in this topic

Ok everyone I'm looking to see if JSC is going to be doing any sketches/head conv sketches. I did try checking out Wizards website, as sometimes they show this info...I am attending Chicago con this year and would love to have a sketch to go along with my Stan Lee sig I will be getting also :) any info would be helpfull

Best of luck no idea if he is or not. If he does do them he will either cherry pick from the list or do a raffle and I wouldn't expect him to draw more than 2 the whole weekend.

I suggest the following:

Get there early Thursday

Pick an interesting character

Pray

You can also have your wife/GF dress really slutty and ask for one on her own. He has been known to sketch for attractive females if they request something.

You can also have your wife/GF dress really slutty and ask for one on her own. He has been known to sketch for attractive females if they request something.

This has been known to work even if your wife/gf skips the slutty part. lol

Do you know if there is any contact info I can reach him at to be put on a list for a head sketch on a blank comic? :)

I think you have to wait like everyone else. There are a few boardies that have gotten this, they would probably be best to answer this.

I guess my wife will just have to wear a nice extra low shirt :) I'll make sure she bends over a bit as no man at a con could resist that lol

I bet I could...watch..post a picture..and I wont even peek!

You guys have it all wrong. If you bring a pretty girl by, the following will occur:

1. Tons more people will come to that area, thus making the lines longer/slower.

2. JSC may become distracted, therefore not drawing as well or as efficiently.

3. You get con pervos (the 2nd worst kind of pervos) looking down your wife/gf's shirt (I'm not about it, but if you are... to each his own)

I say go by the opposite strategy. Bring the UGLIEST girl you can by, and threaten to leave her in front JSC all day long if he doesn't do a sketch for you.

1. It will make the line/crowds shorter/smaller.

2. It will make him more focused on his art and less distracted.

As my friend mentioned above.

Get there early Thursday

Pray

He takes no early list, does no sketches at home. Sometimes he only shows for one day, sometimes he does no sketches that day. I'm still 0/3 for JSC sketches, because two of my shows his line was so crazy he did zero sketches at all for those shows.

My advise

Get first in his line

Think of something interesting he may enjoy

Pray

my experience with him is that he takes a list of fifteen to twenty request. he then picks the ones that he wants to sketch. i know he did at least six sketches on one occassion.

in his words " i get tired of doing spiderman or the same thing over and over. i like to do different stuff." so yeah the character you ask for may be the difference in getting a sketch or not.

at megacon two years ago he took requests on friday and the sketches were not done until sunday afternoon.

I guess my wife will just have to wear a nice extra low shirt :) I'll make sure she bends over a bit as no man at a con could resist that lol

:roflmao:

:roflmao:

I too was :roflmao:

You guys have it all wrong. If you bring a pretty girl by, the following will occur:

1. Tons more people will come to that area, thus making the lines longer/slower.

2. JSC may become distracted, therefore not drawing as well or as efficiently.

3. You get con pervos (the 2nd worst kind of pervos) looking down your wife/gf's shirt (I'm not about it, but if you are... to each his own)

I say go by the opposite strategy. Bring the UGLIEST girl you can by, and threaten to leave her in front JSC all day long if he doesn't do a sketch for you.

1. It will make the line/crowds shorter/smaller.

2. It will make him more focused on his art and less distracted.

This may be the best thing to try??? different it just might work lol now I just have to find one to kidnap

As my friend mentioned above.

Get there early Thursday

Pray

He takes no early list, does no sketches at home. Sometimes he only shows for one day, sometimes he does no sketches that day. I'm still 0/3 for JSC sketches, because two of my shows his line was so crazy he did zero sketches at all for those shows.

My advise

Get first in his line

Think of something interesting he may enjoy

Pray

I agree. Even if you get a request in early, you need to pray that he has some down time during the con. I was lucky enough to get a sketch from him at the Denver Con last month. His line for signatures was so long and he's willing to take time to chat with everyone (which is awesome, BTW), he just didn't have a ton of time to sketch during the day.

Well damn he was actually the only guest I was looking forward to seeing. I had hoped to grab a few prints so I didnt have to pay the ebay mark up on them. Also that and the fact that I sent books off to be pressed so he could SS them.