• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

It would be nice if we can get Spencer to stick his head in here and say hello and answer a few posts. :shy:

What do you wanna know?

I want to see Tony Chu of Chew the comic book meet Madder Red, and if

Madder Red fought Tony Chu who would win?

lol

To Nick: Bedlam is only three issues old and the story has been awesome so far. As others have said in this thread previously, this book has the potential to be the best in 2013, but there has been speculation that too many variants of #1 hurt the book, that delays (i.e. issue #3) might hurt the book, etc.

Have the delays been due to you and Rossmo being super-busy on other projects or is it something beyond your control that has caused it? Lastly, how do you feel about the variants; do you think they have helped or hurt your book?

I can't wait for the second arc to learn more about "The First."

Thanks.

hm +1

Quick question Nick,

Is Frazer Irvin doing the covers indefinitely. Some on here prefer it when Riley Does the covers but personally really like the feel and tone Frazer's art gives the book. :cloud9:

Frazer is on the book as long as he wants to be and his schedule allows.

:applause:

To Nick: Bedlam is only three issues old and the story has been awesome so far. As others have said in this thread previously, this book has the potential to be the best in 2013, but there has been speculation that too many variants of #1 hurt the book, that delays (i.e. issue #3) might hurt the book, etc.

Have the delays been due to you and Rossmo being super-busy on other projects or is it something beyond your control that has caused it? Lastly, how do you feel about the variants; do you think they have helped or hurt your book?

Thanks.

You guys worry too much :)

We got hit with a perfect storm-- actually literally, due to the hurricane-- then the holidays. But what people forget is we launched on Oct. 31. We probably shouldn't have even done a November issue. You're still getting 6 issues in 6 months, it's hardly an MIA book. Right now the book is shipping every 3 weeks for 3 issues straight. So I feel like we're in good shape.

As for the variants, I don't really see how they hurt the book, though I can see how they might impact the secondary market. Remember that we determine a book's success by order numbers, not re-sale value. Don't get me wrong-- I'm happy to see anyone make money off investing in the book, but I'm not going to turn away a convention or retailer that wants to make a substantial order on the book.

The bottom line is, the print run on the book was always going to be fairly high, whether it was variants or regular prints. It just wasn't one retailers were going to sleep on. So I don't know, if you were in for the quick turnaround, if we were ever the title for you. The variants are more a symptom there than anything. If they didn't exist, there would just be more copies of the first print cover, and I don't see how you'd like that any more. Does that make sense?

Thanks.

We got hit with a perfect storm-- actually literally, due to the hurricane-- then the holidays. But what people forget is we launched on Oct. 31. We probably shouldn't have even done a November issue. You're still getting 6 issues in 6 months, it's hardly an MIA book. Right now the book is shipping every 3 weeks for 3 issues straight. So I feel like we're in good shape.

As for the variants, I don't really see how they hurt the book, though I can see how they might impact the secondary market. Remember that we determine a book's success by order numbers, not re-sale value. Don't get me wrong-- I'm happy to see anyone make money off investing in the book, but I'm not going to turn away a convention or retailer that wants to make a substantial order on the book.

The bottom line is, the print run on the book was always going to be fairly high, whether it was variants or regular prints. It just wasn't one retailers were going to sleep on. So I don't know, if you were in for the quick turnaround, if we were ever the title for you. The variants are more a symptom there than anything. If they didn't exist, there would just be more copies of the first print cover, and I don't see how you'd like that any more. Does that make sense?

:applause:

Absolutely! Thank you for the thorough response! I can't wait for issue #4 to drop and to see the artwork you guys will choose for the first tpb.

(thumbs u

Thanks.

Great answer and one that will shock a lot of the speculators/investors on these boards into realising its readers are what matter and not the worth of the book in the secondary market.

Out of curiosity, you mentioned in a twitter post that you were upset by the reported print run figures. Are you able to release what you believe they should be and why they were that they were?

It would be nice if we can get Spencer to stick his head in here and say hello and answer a few posts. :shy:

What do you wanna know?

I want to see Tony Chu of Chew the comic book meet Madder Red, and if

Madder Red fought Tony Chu who would win?

lol

It would probally double the sales of both comics. It`s called cross-promotion.

An epic battle of hot modern characters!

plus not the mention the fun of a few variant covers thrown in for good measure.

;)

Edited by ComicConnoisseur