• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

If a new drug hit the streets the kids would call it THR3E-D3E.... Creates a big buzz, makes you see optical illusions.... You can't get it from your regular dealer and the first one is most definitely not free.

Mofo's be fienin' for it day and night.

Blowin' up eBay, J-Daughter outta sight

Hittin' up midtown, crack a bat

Start a fight

Gimme that THE3E-D3E

Limit one, not two three

Butta flies amongst killa bees

Lenticular is da new scene

Finally something to talk about other than 3D books lol

You mean 2013's version of the Cromium covers... :facepalm:

3D covers blow away the chromium covers...there was never this type of buzz or demand over the chromium.

+1

The only thing better than 3D is Mister Mxyzptlk lol

These things aren't staying on the shelves and I wanted to skip them but they are great. As for Bedlam, we all just want to read more of it or we wouldn't bother posting here. I understand the aggrivation felt by the writer and the fans but at least Nick has taken the time to respond to our frustration which is something we all complain about in another thread on these boards. Its not easy to wade into a hostile crowd IMHO .

If a new drug hit the streets the kids would call it THR3E-D3E.... Creates a big buzz, makes you see optical illusions.... You can't get it from your regular dealer and the first one is most definitely not free.

Start a fight

Gimme that THE3E-D3E

Limit one, not two three

:fear:

Start a fight

Gimme that THE3E-D3E

Limit one, not two three

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha :signfunny:

That made my night.

It's offensive to have an opinion?

Really - since when.

You writing a comic book does not exclude you from the same expectations as any other person paid to perform a service.

Your current book is late.

Previous books are late.

Many Image titles are late and getting later.

Glad, though, that you found time to post here, even though Bedlam has been delayed again.

Look back through the thread. There are others who also aren't happy that this book is late. Many people not happy that other books are late.

If you are offended, then that your problem.

"I have to prioritize my time based on the income I make from something as well"

So basically, you already know you can't do all the work you have committed to do, and will only do the lucrative stuff first - that about cover it Nick?

I'm sure the fanboys will come in and boo and hiss for me not being 'overwhelmed' that you have popped in, but I can assure you that the people in the LCS around the world, that don't have a vested interest in being nice to you to get art and signings from you are pretty fed up wuth the delays in Bedlam and other Image books.

Sounds like someone's a little butt hurt that the aftermarket is in the crapper and his penny stocks comic books aren't paying the mortgage.

Nick, as long as the book stays awesome, I'll be picking it up whenever it comes out.

Sounds like someone's a little butt hurt that the aftermarket is in the crapper and his penny stocks comic books aren't paying the mortgage.

Nick, as long as the book stays awesome you keep going to cons so I can get books signed and pick up cheap art , I'll be picking it up kissing your butt whenever it comes out I can.

Fixed that for you Bud (thumbs u

It's all in jest mate, well it is at my end.

Solar has his opinions, and I respect his right to do so. :censored:

I don't remember droves of people lining up at the LCS 30 minutes before opening to grab a copy.....Chromiums were hot but not like these.

I know it was 20 years ago, but jeez - this current wave of lenticular cover madness is like a soft splash around your ankles compared to the raging tsunami that was the early 90s.

Really - since when.

You writing a comic book does not exclude you from the same expectations as any other person paid to perform a service.

Previous books are late.

Glad, though, that you found time to post here, even though Bedlam has been delayed again.

Look back through the thread. There are others who also aren't happy that this book is late. Many people not happy that other books are late.

"I have to prioritize my time based on the income I make from something as well"

So basically, you already know you can't do all the work you have committed to do, and will only do the lucrative stuff first - that about cover it Nick?

I'm sure the fanboys will come in and boo and hiss for me not being 'overwhelmed' that you have popped in, but I can assure you that the people in the LCS around the world, that don't have a vested interest in being nice to you to get art and signings from you are pretty fed up wuth the delays in Bedlam and other Image books.

And we wonder why more creators don't post on these boards :doh:

Really - since when.

Previous books are late.

Nick, as long as the book stays awesome, I'll be picking it up whenever it comes out.

Bingo.

I'm more than happy with my profits on Bedlam.

Sold 80/100 and if the average sale price continues, then that has paid for most of my X-Men #1 CGC 6.5.

It looks really, really nice.

Sold 80/100 and if the average sale price continues, then that has paid for most of my X-Men #1 CGC 6.5.

You've been spouting this line for a long time and no one is buying it.

I have you on ignore but having seen the quotes, where you down right insulted the guy I just have to comment.

These boards/community were a much better place before speculators like you came over and the main reason I no longer post as much as I used to. That's not to say I have an issue with speculating, I don't! It's just when your pure reason for being in comics is speculating and the almighty dollar seeing your posts is just annoying. It gets even more annoying when you start criticizing a book purely because the value is not as high as you would like it to be, even when the book itself is amazing. It just seriously grinds my gears. 2c

Who is complaining about the book? Read my post before you feel you have to whine on and on and on.....

Its great - I just don't like delays.

Funny how the people having a pop are all peeps that go to Cons on a regular basis - wonder why........

Put me back on ignore you divvy, there's a good boy. zzz

I have you on ignore but having seen the quotes, where you down right insulted the guy I just have to comment.

These boards/community were a much better place before speculators like you came over and the main reason I no longer post as much as I used to. That's not to say I have an issue with speculating, I don't! It's just when your pure reason for being in comics is speculating and the almighty dollar seeing your posts is just annoying. It gets even more annoying when you start criticizing a book purely because the value is not as high as you would like it to be, even when the book itself is amazing. It just seriously grinds my gears. 2c

Agreed. What sort of insufficiently_thoughtful_person buys 100 copies of a book for starters?

Wow.. you made a small profit. :news: Nobody cares.

Some people only come here to read about the artists/creators and story believe it or not. Loud mouths like beige ruin it for everyone else.

Agreed. What sort of insufficiently_thoughtful_person buys 100 copies of a book for starters?

Wow.. you made a small profit. :news: Nobody cares.

Some people only come here to read about the artists/creators and story believe it or not. Loud mouths like beige ruin it for everyone else.

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:lol

I love love LOVE Bedlam. And I don't give a rat's about Morning Glories (tried it, just didn't care for it...to each their own). And I'd obviously love more Bedlam each and every month. That being said, the sense of entitlement here is off the charts. I can't believe the way some of you behave and treat creators simply because you are getting 10 issues a year rather than 12. It's like watching a 5-year-old child throwing a tantrum over an ice cream cone that fell on the floor. Apparently respect and common decency go out the window when you don't get your comics as quickly as you want.

IMO, the point about fill-in artists is a valid one. Sure, Marvel and DC typically ship 12 issues of each title per year...but only 9 or 10 of them are the core creative team, and the other 2 or 3 are garbage fill-in issues. I can do without the filler. I'd much rather have 10 quality issues a year than 12 of varying quality...but hey, maybe that's just me. I guess I'm also just more patient than most.

I am with you 100% on this post.

I am a big whiner about NWM but only because we have ZERO clue whats going on. I have no problem with delays or 10 issues in a year etc etc and I certainly respect Nick for popping in here.

As long as I know somewhat whats going on then I am a satisfied customer for the most part. Bedlam is in my must read the second I get home pile so obviously I want it every month....heck I would buy 2 a month but if the book comes out every 5 weeks that is ok too.