• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedlam
1 1

4,716 posts in this topic

Listen, I understand your frustration on that, but the reasons are pretty simple-- a whole fan/analysis community has sprung up around Morning Glories. So they do stuff like columns and chats and tumblrs that I of course promote in turn, and proudly.

Bedlam is a work of the heart and something I care about deeply, too, but it's a very different kind of book and a little more conventional in structure, so it doesn't have a lot of that stuff. So there's just not the stuff to tweet about there-- not that any of it really makes a difference in terms of sales.

You are in the business...I am not but I would like to disagree. Interaction with the fans without a doubt makes a difference in sales. Having a tumbler, tweets, facebook posts about Bedlam is free advertising [other than your time which is not free]. The more you get people talking about it the more other people not reading will want to know what everyone is talking about. Just my .02

i'd like a Bedlam Tumbler....

+1

Bedlam was the first modern book I picked up since I got back into collecting last fall... Great stuff Nick! :applause: I think a lot of this :frustrated: is spilling over from Nowhere Men. I don't think another NWM book will ever come out at this point, but meh -- :gossip: it's so so anyway. Bedlam is great! Just please make sure your heart stays with it! I think there is such amazing potential with this book for a long time great comic which can't be said with a lot of books out there! Thank you for at least stopping by here. I know people are :slapfight: but I would hope everyone can acknowledge that you care enough to try to explain...

E.S.... :facepalm:

:sumo: BEDLAM!! :sumo:

Yep. I am calling it the NWM Syndrome

I don't remember droves of people lining up at the LCS 30 minutes before opening to grab a copy.....Chromiums were hot but not like these.

30 minutes? Try an hour my side of the town. Sheesh. For sure not as crazy as the 90s though but refreshing to see something I havent seen in 17-18 years

I'm more than happy with my profits on Bedlam.

Sold 80/100 and if the average sale price continues, then that has paid for most of my X-Men #1 CGC 6.5.

It looks really, really nice.

You've been spouting this line for a long time and no one is buying it.

I have you on ignore but having seen the quotes, where you down right insulted the guy I just have to comment.

These boards/community were a much better place before speculators like you came over and the main reason I no longer post as much as I used to. That's not to say I have an issue with speculating, I don't! It's just when your pure reason for being in comics is speculating and the almighty dollar seeing your posts is just annoying. It gets even more annoying when you start criticizing a book purely because the value is not as high as you would like it to be, even when the book itself is amazing. It just seriously grinds my gears. 2c

It's just when your pure reason for being in comics is speculating and the almighty dollar seeing your posts is just annoying. It gets even more annoying when you start criticizing a book purely because the value is not as high as you would like it to be, even when the book itself is amazing. It just seriously grinds my gears

Hey, I appreciate your opinion and this is a great board to express it, many great posts about comics in general.

What people have to understand as with any hobby the $$$$$$$$$ is built into the market. Its just the way it is. Do you really think comic publishers care about you and your feelings about a story or character. Maybe the writer and artist does but Marvel, DC, Image and others only care about $$$$$$$$$$ Gotta make the most profit as much as possible. PUMP OUT THOSE ISSUES!!!! IF WE MAKE THEM........THEY WILL COME!!!! AND COME BACK AND BACK AND BACK!!! They know how humans react to collecting, its psychological and have molded this market the way

they wanted it to be. Just look at the multiple covers idea thought way back then. Come on guys they got this thing wrapped up good and they are the true $$$$$$$$$ makers.

Granted, I'm in the hobby myself and not exempt from this madness but at least I'm aware of whats going on. So if someone is speculating on a book, don't bash that person for doing it because its part of this hobby. DON'T HATE THE PLAYER... HATE THE GAME!!!! How may people would be around if the hobby only read the book. Speculators are needed to drive interest and fuel buzz to make a book successful not just a good story or art anymore and these publishers NEED this and they know it!

Sorry to derail the thread and for long rant. Need to keep it in perspective!!

Sounds like someone's a little butt hurt that the aftermarket is in the crapper and his penny stocks comic books aren't paying the mortgage.

Nick, as long as the book stays awesome you keep going to cons so I can get books signed and pick up cheap art , I'll be picking it up kissing your butt whenever it comes out I can.

Fixed that for you Bud (thumbs u

Yea, cause Nick Spencer sells original art at cons doh!

I'm more than happy with my profits on Bedlam.

Sold 80/100 and if the average sale price continues, then that has paid for most of my X-Men #1 CGC 6.5.

It looks really, really nice.

You've been spouting this line for a long time and no one is buying it.

I have you on ignore but having seen the quotes, where you down right insulted the guy I just have to comment.

These boards/community were a much better place before speculators like you came over and the main reason I no longer post as much as I used to. That's not to say I have an issue with speculating, I don't! It's just when your pure reason for being in comics is speculating and the almighty dollar seeing your posts is just annoying. It gets even more annoying when you start criticizing a book purely because the value is not as high as you would like it to be, even when the book itself is amazing. It just seriously grinds my gears. 2c

It's just when your pure reason for being in comics is speculating and the almighty dollar seeing your posts is just annoying. It gets even more annoying when you start criticizing a book purely because the value is not as high as you would like it to be, even when the book itself is amazing. It just seriously grinds my gears

Hey, I appreciate your opinion and this is a great board to express it, many great posts about comics in general.

What people have to understand as with any hobby the $$$$$$$$$ is built into the market. Its just the way it is. Do you really think comic publishers care about you and your feelings about a story or character. Maybe the writer and artist does but Marvel, DC, Image and others only care about $$$$$$$$$$ Gotta make the most profit as much as possible. PUMP OUT THOSE ISSUES!!!! IF WE MAKE THEM........THEY WILL COME!!!! AND COME BACK AND BACK AND BACK!!! They know how humans react to collecting, its psychological and have molded this market the way

they wanted it to be. Just look at the multiple covers idea thought way back then. Come on guys they got this thing wrapped up good and they are the true $$$$$$$$$ makers.

Granted, I'm in the hobby myself and not exempt from this madness but at least I'm aware of whats going on. So if someone is speculating on a book, don't bash that person for doing it because its part of this hobby. DON'T HATE THE PLAYER... HATE THE GAME!!!! How may people would be around if the hobby only read the book. Speculators are needed to drive interest and fuel buzz to make a book successful not just a good story or art anymore and these publishers NEED this and they know it!

Sorry to derail the thread and for long rant. Need to keep it in perspective!!

:facepalm:

I'll believe "10 issues in a year" when I see it, I don't buy for a minute that Bedlam #10 will be out a week or 2 after #9. Month or 2, sure.

We expect our monthly books to be monthly.

If one of Nick's Marvel books was as late as Bedlam always is, he wouldn't be working at Marvel anymore, plain and simple.

I guess Bedlam doesn't put food on the table when you toss a crumb out here and there and "X" amount of readers gave up completely

Currently the release date for 9 is Oct 2nd, and 10 is scheduled to drop Oct 30th. Seeing that issue 1 came out Oct 31 that would put it at 10 issues for the 1st year if they hit those release dates.

I don't see what the big deal is with 10 a year. The product is good and sometimes you have to wait a little longer for it.

Sounds like someone's a little butt hurt that the aftermarket is in the crapper and his penny stocks comic books aren't paying the mortgage.

Nick, as long as the book stays awesome you keep going to cons so I can get books signed and pick up cheap art , I'll be picking it up kissing your butt whenever it comes out I can.

That's the thing.. Beige has NEVER been to a con, He has no idea about the majority of things he posts about.

That's the thing.. Beige has NEVER been to a con, He has no idea about the majority of things he posts about.

Hi CrowCopse, missing the point, but hey-ho.

Most people are pizzed that the book is late, and I can assure you I have supported Bedlam from the first to current issue, both with floppies and art.

I'm the first to admit I haven't been to a Con, but thats as relevant as a fish on a bicycle.

Books late. End of.

Was #9 good?

Something about my perceived impression of it's release schedule, combined with the tone of the content and dull colours of the cover art is fatiguing my interest.

It isn't anywhere near as bad in terms of release as NWM but something isn't clicking and I've no idea but feel as it could be left in limbo.

I'm either thinking of switching to trades as I couldn't do what some of you would do and wait for it to appear in your pickups or just dropping it completely.

If and whenever NWM #6 shows up, I won't be buying it as I won't support such a poorly released title. There are so many other titles that deserve a look so its a constant fight for your money.

My question is, why do I feel like this with Bedlam, a book I've enjoyed since the first issue, and does anyone else feel like this?

Gotta read #8 again before I read #9. Been so long I forgot how the last issue ended. Sure it'll be great, just hate the "oh yeah, that's right" feeling of lost momentum

TODD on the other hand: back to back weeks of new issues! Backflips!!!

i thought it was ok. its still something im interested in, so i wont be dropping it.

In my case, I think it's because it was just a bland issue, really. It's all still setup for whatever's coming in this arc. There's nothing wrong with having setup issues, but it can feel anticlimactic when you've been anticipating the issue.

i thought it was ok. its still something im interested in, so i wont be dropping it.

In my case, I think it's because it was just a bland issue, really. It's all still setup for whatever's coming in this arc. There's nothing wrong with having setup issues, but it can feel anticlimactic when you've been anticipating the issue.

agreed. well said.

exactly what i was going to say but put so much better (thumbs u

Interesting...

I thought the issue was fantastic not to mention we got an answer to a pretty big secret [iMO its big]. I do agree its a set up issue but some real good tid bits in there make it an issue to have

I also loved the scene of the first few pages. Madder is freaking awesome

Edited by VEI Reborn