• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AA #11 cgc 9.6...are you kidding me?

24 posts in this topic

Looks like another record is set in the high grade bronze market...previous sales of this book also set records ($1k in '03 and $1.6k earlier this month), but as they say, records are made to be broken! 27_laughing.gif

Looks like another record is set in the high grade bronze market...previous sales of this book also set records ($1k in '03 and $1.6k earlier this month), but as they say, records are made to be broken! 27_laughing.gif

Wow 2500.00 for this book in 9.6 White Pages!

I dont see how he could ever get his money back!

Davidking623

Sharp copy of a black spined comic. Too bad about the miswrapped cover. wink.gif

I don't see a miswrapped cover? confused-smiley-013.gif

I do see a hint of the ink smear defect common to this issue, and I also noticed the winning bidder picked up a 9.4 copy of this book a couple weeks back for a paltry $750. There are 10 9.6's...and one 9.8! I guess we're gonna see the Beast in X3...

I had that 9.8 and sold it for $4150 after a relentless Beast fan kept after me for months. frown.gif

I regretted selling it a week afterwards even though the $$ was nice and I still had a 9.6. Money comes and goes, but you can't easily replace one of a kind HG books. I didn't think it could reach any higher, but these lower supply black cover bronze keys keep on surprising me. Looks like both the winner and runner up would have paid beyond that mark for the 9.8. Who would of thought?

With this new aggressive crop of deep-pocketed buyers i could sell 20 key bronze books and buy a ASM 1 9.6 27_laughing.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I had that 9.8 and sold it for $4150 after a relentless Beast fan kept after me for months. frown.gif

I regretted selling it a week afterwards even though the $$ was nice and I still had a 9.6. Money comes and goes, but you can't easily replace one of a kind HG books. I didn't think it could reach any higher, but these lower supply black cover bronze keys keep on surprising me. Looks like both the winner and runner up would have paid beyond that mark for the 9.8. Who would of thought?

With this new aggressive crop of deep-pocketed buyers i could sell 20 key bronze books and buy a ASM 1 9.6 27_laughing.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

RUN FOR THE HILLS! THIS IS THE FIRST SIGN OF THE GREAT CRASH! 27_laughing.gif

Sharp copy of a black spined comic. Too bad about the miswrapped cover. wink.gif

It looks miswrapped to the back of the cover. Note how the 20 cent price tag is pulled to the left/spine. cool.gif

well it went for only 15x guide......no worries. makepoint.gif

I knew it! I was going to make a comment like "...and I bet Bruce knows where the 9.8 is..." but some people are protective of intel like that. gossip.gif

Aardvark - I see the ever-so-subtle miswrap now...I was looking at the squareness of the book and the good horizontal centering, but it's slightly miswrapped to the back. We're talking millimeters!!

i thinks its a bit high, but not really rediculous. No matter what you may think about it personally, the reality is there are enough people at this time who want the same books in the best possible condition to drive the prices. Most collectors want instant gratification and are not going to wait until they find another cheaper. If a person has the disposable income & makes a choice, that is what it is worth to them. If they are a collector, great! They have a killer book they can be proud of, and resale price is of no concern. If they are a flipper, well then, they will learn.

i thinks its a bit high, but not really rediculous. No matter what you may think about it personally, the reality is there are enough people at this time who want the same books in the best possible condition to drive the prices. Most collectors want instant gratification and are not going to wait until they find another cheaper. If a person has the disposable income & makes a choice, that is what it is worth to them. If they are a collector, great! They have a killer book they can be proud of, and resale price is of no concern. If they are a flipper, well then, they will learn.

If it is truly for his collection then I think if you have disposable income why not stretch it a little and try and at least get this book for 2000.00 and have 500.00 to stretch another book! Obviously if your trying to flip this book Good luck and Good Night! Pray every evening that X 3 is coming with the Beast!

Davidking623