• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philadelphia Comic Con - Sunday August 19

10 posts in this topic

Philadelphia Comic Book Convention

Date: Sunday, August 19, 2012

Hours: 10am to 4pm

Admission: $3

Location: Ramada Philadelphia Airport, 76 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029

Parking: Free on-site

Comic and Collectibles

Over 60 dealer tables provide a huge selection of comic books and related collectibles!

- Golden Age Comics

- Silver Age Comics

- Bronze Age Comics

- Modern Comics and the Latest Issues

- Original Artwork

- Graphic Novels, Trade Paperbacks and Hardcovers

- DVDs

- Japanese Manga

- Toys and Action Figures

- Statues and Busts

- Non-Sportscards

Special Guest

Herb Trimpe - legendary Marvel artist who worked on The Incredible Hulk (including the 1st appearance of Wolverine!), G.I. Joe, Godzilla, The Defenders and countless others.

Paris Cullins - artist on Blue Devil, Blue Beetle, and Hyperkind!

Dan Nokes - 21st century studios indy publisher!

Door Prizes

Hourly door prizes will be given away starting at 11am! Hold on to your entrance ticket for a chance to win. You must be present to win.

Directions

The Philadelphia Comic Book Convention is located near the Philadelphia Airport at the Ramada Philadelphia Airport, 76 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029.

From I-95 - Take I-95 to Exit 9A (Essington). Merge onto 420 S (Wanamaker Ave). Turn RIGHT onto Industrial Highway. The Ramada is on the LEFT side.

Public Transportation - Accessible by SEPTA Bus Route 37

Google Map to Philadelphia Comic Book Convention

For Information or Dealers' Tables

Phone: (856) 217-5737

Email: dwoywood@yahoo.com

Official Website: www.philadelphiacomic-con.com

Next Show

Sunday, November 18, 2012

How'd it go?

Unless he arrived after I left, Herb Trimpe didn't attend the show. As a collector who is looking for bargain books, I felt the show left a lot to be desired in that area compared to the amount of cheap books I usually find there. Still, the admission price can't be beat and I still came out with a nice grip of cheap books.

I thought the con was one of the best yet because instead of the usual suspects for dealers, it had several new folks and some that were set up with their collections. There were a number of really solid deals in the room including some wonderful neal adams books being sold at a discount as well as others.

There were also mainstay dealers who had some really nice product as well, but the beauty of the local show is finding the guys with deals and there were some very nice finds there.

I found a nice Hit Comics 25 (1st Kid Eternity) at the show. It's a tough book in general, but trying to find a copy better than a G or VG has been a challenge. I'm very happy to be able to add this beauty to my collection.

HitComics25F.jpg

I asked Derek Woywood, the show's promoter, about Herb Trimpe's absence. He apologizes for the issue and says that Mr. Trimpe's car broke down on the way to the show and he was unable to get it repaired in time to still make it before the end. Mr. Trimpe has re-scheduled to appear at the November 18 show.