• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When the post office shuts down...

47 posts in this topic

It is federal law to help protect from people stealing other peoples mail. If only USPS employees are getting into the box it makes it pretty obvious if anyone else has their hands in it that they may be up to no good. I prefer it this way.

Seems as if there are easy ways to make the wrong people getting into your mailbox obvious yet still allow shippers access. How do you even know it's a USPS person accessing your box? If they're wearing a uniform and their vehicle is marked, that's how you know...UPS and FedEx already have marked vehicles and delivery drivers who wear uniforms, so it's similarly obvious if they were accessing your mail.

My local USPS service just keeps getting worse and worse and worse. Saturday, I got ALL of my neighbor's mail and all of my own mixed together--four letters/junk mail of theirs, three of my own. They're misdelivering other people's mail to me at least once a week now--lord only knows how often my mail is going to someone else. :mad:

I have to be honest, I have no problem with USPS. I cannot remember them ever losing a package and the only time things come damaged is when oblivious sellers send things like a mint on card action figure in an envelope.

The only weird time was when someone sent me (NY) something from Florida and for some reason it went out west before it came to me according to the tracking information.

I have to be honest

How refreshing...MUCH better than that wildly_fanciful_statement you normally shovel around here! :baiting::kidaround:

So mean.

I have to be honest

How refreshing...MUCH better than that wildly_fanciful_statement you normally shovel around here! :baiting::kidaround:

So mean.

It's what I think every time I see someone post "to be honest." The implication of ever using that phrase is that you're usually dishonest, but just this once, you're making an exception. :P It's a strange phrase to use, albeit quite common.

I have to be honest

So mean.

It's what I think every time I see someone post "to be honest." The implication of ever using that phrase is that you're usually dishonest, but just this once, you're making an exception. :P It's a strange phrase to use, albeit quite common.

I am always up for a good thread derail.

I take it in the same way that the courts take the phrase "under God" "So help you God" and "in God we trust." That those phrases do not so much support religion within the context of Government agency but express the solemness on the words or procedure.

So when you say "I will be honest" or "In all honesty" it really means that counter to public perception or the idea of jumping on the bandwagon I am going to say something that I sincerely believe that is outside the perceived norm.