• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago Comic Con post your sketches here

145 posts in this topic

So we went to where James O'Barr was supposed to be on Thursday and 2 random guys were sitting there and told us that he had cancelled and they gave his booth to them. Then Saturday we saw that he was there and he told us that he didn't realize that it was a 4 day show. So we missed out on getting a sketch for a board member.

My first sketch I have bought. Doug (dscott) finally convinced me to get one after months of trying. I'm a pretty difficult guy to separate from my money. But after getting this one in hand I will definitely be getting more done in the future. This one is a Scott Blair.

d47c325c.jpg

Naw, I meant how do we know it's really Yannick!

Well we could start asking for ID and DNA samples, but I don't think people would be too satisfied with the wait :)

Great meeting everyone at the show! I'm glad people got their books done! :applause:

Next stop Baltimore! :headbang:

The only sketch cover I got done all weekend - the guest list was superbly weak at this show:

mp1-james-obarr-crow-2.jpg

Nice sketch, and unless there are other recent examples, you may have the first and only 9.9 Marvels Project #1 blank cover to date! (highest graded MP blank on the census is 9.8, with 1333 of them!) :golfclap:

So we went to where James O'Barr was supposed to be on Thursday and 2 random guys were sitting there and told us that he had cancelled and they gave his booth to them. Then Saturday we saw that he was there and he told us that he didn't realize that it was a 4 day show. So we missed out on getting a sketch for a board member.

Yep same here, he was on my list but I couldn't locate him.

Did pretty well using up my stock of Troy's Batman covers:

Chris Burnham (current Batman Inc artist) Damian as Future Batman

BurnhamBat.jpg

Rodolfo Migliari

MigliariBat.jpg

and an amazing Clay Mann (Clay left the show to scan this baby before I picked it up with CGC)

MannBatCat.jpg

Also got a Carlos Pacheco Wolverine

PachecoWolvie.jpg

Also got some an incredible 11x14 Batman from Yanick Paquette who was a lot of fun to chat with at the show and an amazing and intensely detailed Vader vs. Luke from Doug Wheatley who was an extremely sweet gentleman and had a lot of fun with my challenging commission request.