• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silliest Covers from any publisher

38 posts in this topic

andrew, city folks hate the saying "frisco", in fact two escape convicts a few years back got pulled over by the highway patrol, and asked them were you headin, they said "frisco". the highwya patrol officers knew that was not a city thing and did a check and busted them. mental note, don't say "frisco", say "the city". wink.gifgrin.gif

Interesting.....but I don't live there. I was down there once, a few years ago, but only very briefly. I was staying in L.A(lots of family there), and we drove down to briefly see one of my cousins who just had a baby. She lived in Concord(?), or some such location close to "the city". We came in for an evening, and toured around fisherman's Warf, then left. It's nice, but your streets are steep as hell. Would be fun for drag racing. laugh.gif

that's funny, back in 1995 i picked a chick from canada (saskastoon or whatever the it's called) she was amazed by the hills in the city. the hills give the city character, without it it would be just like LA.streets of san francisco, it's fun to skate down the hills.

Heh,heh, that's actually the year I was there. It was early July.

But I ain't no chick blush.gif .....

And I definetly ain't from no Saskatoon tongue.gifgrin.gif

..I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one..my dad suffers from Post-Polio Syndrome so he can't walk more then a couple blocks or two :\

Anyways, the thing he really didn't like was not being able to drive around himself..he loves cars..and I kinda agreed with him, it seems like it'd be a hastle to have your own car and be driving around..

Brian

that's why it's called the city bro bro, lot of kids in zoo york don't even know how to drive since they take the subway and don't need a vehicle...no disrepect to your pa. BTW in the acadamy of art handbook for all potential students, it reads you need to be physically fit to be here in the city due to the hills.

Toronto is the same way. There's no need for a car here, and a lot of people don't drive. We have a very efficient and thorough bus/subway system that'll basically take you anywhere you need to go. A lot of people don't drive here. But I still love cars, and would much rather drive.

andrew, city folks hate the saying "frisco", in fact two escape convicts a few years back got pulled over by the highway patrol, and asked them were you headin, they said "frisco". the highwya patrol officers knew that was not a city thing and did a check and busted them. mental note, don't say "frisco", say "the city".

I was a part of two similar stories in Texas... Just for reference, no one anywhere near the home of the Spurs refers to the place as "San Antone"... watched a buddy of mine lose the cop's mental coin flip and get taken downtown when he busted out with that...

Just like no one who lives near Louisville pronounces it like there's a bunch of "EEEE"'s in the name, no locals say "San ANtonio"... it's actually more like San unTOnio... I used to laugh my off in strip clubs listening to guys from out of town act like they were locals...

BTW you coming to the the wonder con here in the city on april 25-27?

Thanks for the heads up, Supa! Last time I checked their web site no date or definitive place - just San Francisco. Moscone Center beats Oakland for me! Now I start saving a little (or a lot) every week until 4/25. Last one I went to there was a good amount of precode horror. Will be so refreshing to actually HOLD the damned books before I buy them. grin.gif