• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Came First, X-men 94 or GSX-Men 1?

24 posts in this topic

Doesn't GS X-Men 1 have May in the price box? Marvels GS line was meant to be quarterly, but it seems like it had a May date right on the cover.

No, if you check all of the eBay listings for this book, it has 1975 as the date in the price box.

The only place where it seems to indicate May in the date box is in the Wikipedia cover image for the book. the Marvel Masterworks cover image, and on some of the foreign language reprints.

As far as I remember, I do not believe there are 2 original versions for this book. Of course, anything is possible since there are clearly 3 different printed versions for Superman #1 and 2 printed versions for both Batman #1 and Marvel Comics #1.

Doesn't GS X-Men 1 have May in the price box? Marvels GS line was meant to be quarterly, but it seems like it had a May date right on the cover.

No, if you check all of the eBay listings for this book, it has 1975 as the date in the price box.

The only place where it seems to indicate May in the date box is in the Wikipedia cover image for the book. the Marvel Masterworks cover image, and on some of the foreign language reprints.

As far as I remember, I do not believe there are 2 original versions for this book. Of course, anything is possible since there are clearly 3 different printed versions for Superman #1 and 2 printed versions for both Batman #1 and Marvel Comics #1.

doh!

See above. Books with DATE STAMPS ON THEM. doh!

Edit. Again. DATE STAMPS.

Giant Size X-Men 1 - April 3, 1975

X-Men 94 - June 17, 1975

doh!

See above. Books with DATE STAMPS ON THEM. doh!

Edit. Again. DATE STAMPS.

Giant Size X-Men 1 - April 3, 1975

X-Men 94 - June 17, 1975

Which would be great proof, unless that particular store put the date the book was to returned on,not the date recieved on, which is not impossible. There are plenty of cases of stores putting pull dates, not recieved on dates.

In the case of a quarterly book, without a month on the cover, it easily could have sat around awhile before being distributed.

I don't even see a stamp on that GS X-Men. Do you, or are you simply going by the descriprtion?