• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Joe Kubert

30 posts in this topic

I got to meet Joe at the MidOhioCon. When I walked up to him, his handler told me that he was not doing any art at this con. I said that was fine, but could he sign my shirt and he said yes. After he signed it, he kept looking at the shirt and told me, "This is really different, hold on just a second." He then turn towards me so the back of the shirt was facing me, His hand was moving fast and he had a smile on his face. Then he turned it around to show me he had drew a Sgt. Rock and asked If I liked it. I said of course and thanked him for his time and art. The rest of the con fans and artists alike kept asking me how I got him to do it. It was one of the best cons I ever attended. He was a great man and a very nice guy. He will be missed.

That's a great story. I was fortunate to meet him a couple of times. What a loss. :(

Joe Kubert is a legend in the business and a very nice man to his fans. I was lucky enough to conversate with him a few times at conventions over the years

Thank you for the Art Mr. Kubert, you will be missed.

7771729180_e843961a44_z.jpg

Dc universe Legacies variant cover. by C-Raider1, on Flickr

and

7771549768_790dfd011f_z.jpg

Captain America reborn #4 Joe Kubert variant cover by C-Raider1, on Flickr

I was fOrtunate enough to acquire a couple SS book of Joe's work. He Stands as one of my all time favorites. I hear nothing but great thing about Joe the man. I believe we have lost a great deal more than a comic book artist.

Rest in peace, Joe. You are so missed.

I dug out my original submission books from Joe Kubert back in 2007. This is back when I would pull books from my longboxes, so not the best grades. But the beautiful thing is that i was always a Kubert fan and these are some late Silver early bronze war keys. RIP Joe

utf-8BSU1HMDEwODAtMjAxMjA4MTgtMTgzOC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDEwODEtMjAxMjA4MTgtMTgzOS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDEwODItMjAxMjA4MTgtMTgzOS5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDEwODMtMjAxMjA4MTgtMTg0MC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDEwODQtMjAxMjA4MTgtMTg0MC5qcGc.jpg